Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 04:41 AM

409 posts, read 400,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Ok.

He wanted A % E to eat of the tree just so that He could punish them. Sounds moral to me. Not.

Think again for the first time and when you come up with why He would be that stupid you can let us all in on it.

Regards
DL
God didn't want them to disobey, Satan did. He tried to get Jesus to disobey God as well but wasn't successful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 07:18 AM

33,624 posts, read 37,278,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
God didn't want them to disobey, Satan did. He tried to get Jesus to disobey God as well but wasn't successful.
Make up your mind. You just said that God was almighty, but now you are saying that Satan is omnipotent, but not God, obviously if he can't handle the all powerful Satan.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:53 AM

409 posts, read 400,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Make up your mind. You just said that God was almighty, but now you are saying that Satan is omnipotent, but not God, obviously if he can't handle the all powerful Satan.
Satan, while not as powerful as Almighty God, does have much power and is capable of causing many to disobey God.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:32 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,908,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not a bit of good trying to discuss omniscience with Avasa. He appears not to know what the word means.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Satan, while not as powerful as Almighty God, does have much power and is capable of causing many to disobey God.
If your God were omnipotent he could get rid of Satan, after all according to the myth God created Satan along with everything else. Therefore I conclude that Satan is the boss, not God. The entire thing is just too silly to be true.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Not a bit of good trying to discuss omniscience with Avasa. He appears not to know what the word means.
Never hurts to try and impart a bit of logic...Oops, I forgot that reason and logic are the enemy of dogma.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:12 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,111,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Well, how about that?! More arguments about God based on the ancient writings...that the people that use them to argue against God, know have been perverted!

AGAIN! You can't go by that book, it's been corrupted!
And if you have EVER referred to it as a book of "myths", "fairytales", etc...and then turn around and cite it as a basis for the attributes it assigns God and Jesus, to use in debate...you are being less than forthright.
It is hard for me to show the corruption of the Bible without using what it says against it.

Regards
DL

Old 07-21-2010, 10:17 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,111,184 times
Quote:
Actually, he was.

Jesus was a sinner who broke the first commandment by placing himself above God with his---only through me and I am the way.
God was sure pissed to be retired prematurely.

Regards
DL

Old 07-21-2010, 10:38 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,449,638 times
Quote:
Ok.

He wanted A % E to eat of the tree just so that He could punish them. Sounds moral to me. Not.

Think again for the first time and when you come up with why He would be that stupid you can let us all in on it.

Regards
DL
God did not want Adam and Eat from one specific tree taht he commanded them not too. He wanted them to live righteously and to live righteously you have to have laws and choose to obey them.

Unfortunately A % E chose to disobey that one law and sin against God.

Punishment came by the sin that A % E committed.

The tree had no magical powers it is just a tree. It was the act of disobedience that was the sin.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:39 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,449,638 times
Quote:
Actually, he was.

Jesus was a sinner who broke the first commandment by placing himself above God with his---only through me and I am the way.
God was sure pissed to be retired prematurely.

Regards
DL
Jesus is God!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality