Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 07:06 AM

454 posts, read 498,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
It's been imminent for approx 2000+ years now...
That's right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 07:09 AM

122 posts, read 191,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yes, look around the world. Are you not grieved over the desolation? Do you rejoice in the suffering? Is your heart frozen? Made of stone? What is wrong with people who do not grieve over the devastation that sin has brought to mankind? I just don't get people like you. Why are you so smug and self-satisfied? Do you not weep for your brothers who are oppressed, afraid, confused, torn apart by war and famine? Why not? Are you lacking compassion? Why? Did you learn to despise the world from God? It's not what the gospel says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Right on, Ilene.

Not to mention that God has a right to kill if he sees fit because he has the power to make alive again. We do not have the power to give someone their life back, and thus we have no right to kill. Big difference. There are a few people I can think of that I wouldn't mind God slaying before dawn. He knows who I would not cry over or miss! But I do not wish him to send anyone to eternal torment, nor do I believe he would or will do so.

Just sayin' - of course God has power over life and death for every one of us and we all have a death sentence on us. Duh! The preachers of eternal doom are full of it. (not full of the Holy Spirit), just full of it.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:33 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,389,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittNewbie View Post
How many has God killed?

I kill ... I wound ... I will make my arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh. -- Deuteronomy 32:39-42
How many people did God kill in the Bible?

It's impossible to say for sure, but plenty. How many did God drown in the flood or burn to death in Sodom and Gomorrah? How many first-born Egyptians did he kill? There's just no way to count them all.
But sometimes the Bible tells us exactly how many were killed by God.

Here's a list of those that I can find. (If you find any that I've missed, let me know and I'll add them to the list.)
So far I come up with a total of 2,391,421 (not including, at least in some cases, women and children).

How many has God killed? Not a single person

Man simply take the uncorruptible God and changes Him into the image of corruptible man.

Man is evil, kills and that by many atrocities, so of course God must be just like man is

Old 08-12-2010, 08:44 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Psalm 14:1
"The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God.' "

Didn't want you to feel left out......
I'm good, but thanks, I'd rather be foolish than deluded

Old 08-12-2010, 08:44 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
How many people did God kill in the bible? Well that's pretty easy. The answer is all of them. God is almighty, omnipotent, omniscient, is responsible for every miracle in existence, and responsible for every tragedy in existence. It is because of God that we were born, it is because of God that we die. It is because of God this planet exists, it is because of God that we were allowed free will to destroy our planet. Without God, we wouldn't have been created. Without God, we wouldn't have had a tree of knowledge from which to pluck our apple. And without God, we would not have been allowed the free will to eat that apple, and be cast out of immortal Eden and be given the ability to die.

The answer is, therefore, all of them. God has caused the life, AND death, of every single person and creature and thing that has existed since the moment God created life, and decided that people, other creatures, plants, and other living things, would die.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:16 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
How many has God killed? Not a single person

Man simply take the uncorruptible God and changes Him into the image of corruptible man.

Man is evil, kills and that by many atrocities, so of course God must be just like man is
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-12-2010, 09:38 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,706 times
Everyone is killed by god. He gives life and takes it back. The breath given to man at the creation illustrates this and as Job says. That is a right of being god, unless god is some mush bag and good for nothing (usually this good for nothing god is a mental made up one, if a half wit thinks it up; most others just follow the half wit). How you die; during sex from a weak heart at the most important moment, a bus backs over you, roof tile falls on you, suicide, murder, stuck ham sandwich , drug overdose, stupidity, etc, etc, etc, are only the secondary causes. God is the prime cause. So when god killed all those in the past, well, he is coming for you too, just be patient.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:09 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
How you die; during sex from a weak heart at the most important moment,.....
Now wouldn't THAT be a bummer!!

Old 08-12-2010, 10:18 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Oh good heavens! Jesus came to bring peace and love....it is men who do the destroying!
Jesus only offers peace if people will repent; no repentance, no peace.

Luke 12
[51] Suppose ye that I [Jesus] am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
[52] For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
[53] The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Romans 12:19 - ...for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Revelation 19
[11] And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he [Jesus] that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
[12] His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
[13] And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
[14] And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
[15] And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
[16] And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
[17] And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
[18] That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
[19] And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
[20] And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
[21] And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:43 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Jesus only offers peace if people will repent; no repentance, no peace.

I beg to differ....I have plenty of peace, joy, happiness, contentment with and in my life...and I don't feel the need to repent for some original sin nonsense that I never committed. When and if I do something wrong against someone else...I go straight to them and ask their forgiveness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality