Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 02:18 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,685,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Our Heavenly Father never genocided anybody... aren't you getting it yet that the bible is full is fabrications, distortions, lies, and bunk... and anything written in there that claims our Heavenly Father is evil in any way whatsoever is blasphemous and not to be believed.

Ask those who are sitting in Hell just how easy it is... they probably wouldn't agree with you.
Cant it doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 03:26 PM

454 posts, read 499,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Typical Christian debate form.
Do not refute anything and insult on the way out because you are angry with your own stupidity and inability to come up with a reasoned reply.

No wonder the young are leaving the Church in droves.
They are brighter than their parents. Thank God for that, so to speak.

Keep up the good work of killing the Church.

Regards
DL
Reasonable reply requires a reasonable supposition my fine fellow.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:04 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,167,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Cant it doesn't exist.
Okay then... here's a heads-up from some poor dude, who didn't think Hell existed either... that is, until he found himself smack dab in the thick of things.

"That there is a hell, I know to my sorrow and sufferings, for I have been the occupant of one for, oh, these many years; and it is always the same place of horrors and darkness, except sometime it is lighted by the flame of lurid light that comes from the anger and sufferings of some unfortunate like myself. In this hell of mine, and there are many like it, instead of beautiful homes, as the other spirits described, we have dirty, rotten hovels all crooked and decayed, with all the foul smells of a charnel house ten times intensified, and instead of beautiful lawns and green meadows and leafy woods filled with musical birds making the echoes ring with their songs, we have barren wastes, and holes of darkness and gloom and the cries and cursings of spirits of damnation without hope; and instead of living, silvery waters we have stagnant pools filled with all kinds of repulsive reptiles and vermin, and smells of inexpressible, nauseating stinks."

A spirit describes his experience in one of the hells (http://tinyurl.com/yzv3r2q - broken link)

Old 08-17-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
SoCal: You certainly get style points for your particular outlook on the Bible, but I don't understand how you can think that there is anything in there claiming that the "Heavenly Father is evil". After all, that god of the Bible was right no matter what he did.

I regard being sent to the Hell you refer to as a great evil, a punishment out of proportion to anything a human is capable of. Even the worst of criminals in this country get a lethal injection, certainly not everlasting torture.
Thanks so much... but my particular outlook on the Bible is obviously not the same as those who actually believe in it hook, line and sinker. What I know is beyond the bible... and it's so totally more refreshing and real and understandable and makes so much more common sense... and it just happens to be about the truths of our loving Heavenly Father, which I happen to have the privilege of sharing with all of you here.

Since I don't believe in the Hell of the Bible, either... then you're got me mixed up with someone who does. However, I do believe in a Hell... but not as an eternal punishment... call it a "time out" for those people who reaped what they sowed. Once they come to the realization that they're not doomed for eternity and they seek forgiveness and then light and love come to them... they're free at last.

And one day... there will be no such place as Hell... and this isn't written anywhere in the Bible that I'm aware of, is it?

Old 08-18-2010, 12:21 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,037,435 times
Quote:
Okay then... here's a heads-up from some poor dude, who didn't think Hell existed either... that is, until he found himself smack dab in the thick of things.

"That there is a hell, I know to my sorrow and sufferings, for I have been the occupant of one for, oh, these many years; and it is always the same place of horrors and darkness, except sometime it is lighted by the flame of lurid light that comes from the anger and sufferings of some unfortunate like myself. In this hell of mine, and there are many like it, instead of beautiful homes, as the other spirits described, we have dirty, rotten hovels all crooked and decayed, with all the foul smells of a charnel house ten times intensified, and instead of beautiful lawns and green meadows and leafy woods filled with musical birds making the echoes ring with their songs, we have barren wastes, and holes of darkness and gloom and the cries and cursings of spirits of damnation without hope; and instead of living, silvery waters we have stagnant pools filled with all kinds of repulsive reptiles and vermin, and smells of inexpressible, nauseating stinks."

A spirit describes his experience in one of the hells (http://tinyurl.com/yzv3r2q - broken link)
You actually believe this was written by a spirit in hell?

Old 08-18-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Yep...

Remember Nero... the murderer of the Christians... well, his account of Hell isn't as graphic, but he's been there, done that... got out of jail and became an extremely happy camper.

"I am here, the spirit of one who lived on earth the life of a wicked man, and a persecutor of the Christians, and a blasphemer of God and everything that was pure and holy; and when I had lived the life to its end and shuffled off the mortal coil and became a spirit, I also became a dweller in the lowest hells where all is darkness and torment, and the abode of devils and everything that tends to make the spirit unhappy and at variance with the loving God."

Nero - tells of his experience in the hells and his soulmate's help. Vol 2 pg:275

Old 08-18-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:

Yea, that will convince me!LOL

Old 08-18-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Sure, we all know spirits have pens and paper and fingers where they are!!

Old 08-18-2010, 08:40 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,107,987 times
Quote:
Our Heavenly Father never genocided anybody... aren't you getting it yet that the bible is full is fabrications, distortions, lies, and bunk... and anything written in there that claims our Heavenly Father is evil in any way whatsoever is blasphemous and not to be believed.

Ask those who are sitting in Hell just how easy it is... they probably wouldn't agree with you.
I am well aware that the Bible is a fabricated myth only.

I speak to the foolish who believe it is real and show the immorality of it.

Regards
DL

Old 08-18-2010, 08:40 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,843,379 times
Nothing to do with God. I'm just being unfriendly. But the subject has to do with God.

Really, talking about pounding an impersonal consumerist horse till she dies. (They shoot horses; don't they?) woo..hoo!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality