Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 05:44 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,732 times

Advertisements

Religion can be defined that way.

CONCLUSION: Religion Is Superstition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 06:45 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,214,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post

Agreed...I think it originally started out as a way for humans to explain the phenomenon that was their daily experience...but has turned into a mass delusion in the present day. To equate the atrocious things written in holy books to the ULTIMATE SOURCE OF ALL...is asinine IMHO. Anyone with even a modicum of sense should be able to clearly see that this is a man made description/conception of what people think THE SOURCE OF ALL (which they call God) is and not the real deal.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:42 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Agreed...I think it originally started out as a way for humans to explain the phenomenon that was their daily experience...but has turned into a mass delusion in the present day. To equate the atrocious things written in holy books to the ULTIMATE SOURCE OF ALL...is asinine IMHO. Anyone with even a modicum of sense should be able to clearly see that this is a man made description/conception of what people think THE SOURCE OF ALL (which they call God) is and not the real deal.
Yeah...if everyone on this planet read every word of the various beliefs one thing would be obvious to those with an IQ above 105 and a modicum of common sense...man created god in his image and not the other way 'round.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:01 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,661,785 times
Hey Melvin. George, I've always liked this particular cartoon strip called: NON SEQUITUR by Wiley. Always thought it was real funny..... click on the picture to enlarge.
Attached Thumbnails
SUPERSTITION:  A Faith Or Belief For Which There Is No Material Evidence-religion-001.jpg  

Last edited by ptsum; 08-19-2010 at 09:17 AM..

Old 08-19-2010, 09:06 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post

SUPERSTITION: A Faith Or Belief For Which There Is No Material Evidence.

So what Material Evidence do you have that the Universe just came to be?

On its own.

No Creator involved.

Conclusion: Atheists delve in Superstition.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:09 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Actually, religion, to me, falls under the umbrella of mass delusion.

If only one person went around saying what all these people say, they'd be locked up or medicated.
But if you get enough people to agree and walk around together saying it, you can call it religion.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:10 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
SUPERSTITION: A Faith Or Belief For Which There Is No Material Evidence.

So what Material Evidence do you have that the Universe just came to be?

On its own.

No Creator involved.

Conclusion: Atheists delve in Superstition.
Question, why is the our solar system set up so that only the life on earth can be sustained on earth rather than all the other planets? Why did he create All the other planets and universe, where in the bible does it talk about him creating all the other planets and universe, does it explain why he created them with no humans? let me guess.... God planned it that way.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I think also it was used a tool to control the masses through fear, it worked, still is sadly.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:18 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Question, why is the our solar system set up so that only the life on earth can be sustained on earth rather than all the other planets? Why did he create All the other planets and universe, where in the bible does it talk about him creating all the other planets and universe, does it explain why he created them with no humans? let me guess.... God planned it that way.
Rather an odd way to address the lack of evidence for a chance origins.

It would appear that the atheists are people of faith as well. There is no evidence that supports chance origins. Until then, pot meet kettle.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Rather an odd way to address the lack of evidence for a chance origins.

It would appear that the atheists are people of faith as well. There is no evidence that supports chance origins. Until then, pot meet kettle.
You didn't answer my questions. We are by chance, we are the only planet to be as we are, for a reason, it is the way the solar system is set up. If you God is a God, he didn't need to make planets and universe that holds no "value" to us. He could have put his "creations" on all the planets, or not make the other planets at all. But we were not created from a God, we were created by energy that always existed, took billions and billions and billions of years to form,as life on earth did, evidence of which is EVERYWHERE. New things are being discovered daily. Stuff from the bible, nada, nothing. Nothing in the bible happens in present day, I wonder why?!

I think it is quite amusing people would push aside the big bang, which there is evidence to support for an INVISIBLE creator and magic, for which nothing exists to prove. I have never said, we came from nothing. Energy always existed, and expanded, that is how we came to be.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n..._big_bang.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality