Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 07:29 AM

126 posts, read 210,520 times

Advertisements

Each of the world's major religions contain Messianic prophecies. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, the Zoroastrian religion and even the Native American religions all foretell the coming of a Promised One. Each of the Founders of these great religions either promised to personally return himself, to send another like himself or in some instances.... the Founder promised to do both.

Christians await the return of Christ and the coming of "another comforter." The Jewish scriptures foretell the coming of "another Prophet" like Moses and the return of Elijah from heaven. Many Moslems await the appearance of Mahdi and Meseeh. Krishna promised to personally return from age to age. Buddha said that he was not the first Buddha ever to appear and that another "supremely enlightened" Buddha was still yet to come. Zoroastrian prophecies foretell the coming of a "World-renovator." Native American prophecies foretell the coming of a bearded white man from the east who will bring teachings which will restore the hoop of unity. Each religion, in its own way, has foretold the coming of a great 'religion restoring', 'world uniting', 'peace bringing' Messiah.

For centuries, people from all over the world have been hoping and praying that they will be the generation which will witness the appearance of their Promised One. Not many have considered the possibility that these prophecies from the various religions might actually all be foretelling the exact same event.

Members of the Baha'i Faith believe that in the middle of the last century these prophecies actually were fulfilled and that the Promised One truly did appear.

Baha'u'llah, the Prophet founder of the Baha'i Faith, claims to be the Promised One whose coming was explicitly foretold, not only in the Old and the New Testaments.... but also in the prophecies of the Hindu, Buddhist, Zoroastrian, Islamic and other religions.

If Baha'u'llah truly is the Promised One then His appearance is one of the greatest events of human history. Are Baha'u'llah's claim true? How can we know for certain? Just take a look at some of the proofs and prophecies... and then decide for yourself.
--------------------------------------
Go to the internet site: Christianity and the Baha'i Faith for the following topic: RELIGIOUS UNITY---and much more.-Ron Price, Australia
---------------------------

# Messianic Prophecies from the Founders of the World's Great Religions Messianic prophecies from the Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Zoroastrian, Islamic and other religions. (14K)

# Commentary on the Oneness of the Prophets from the Baha'i Writings... (17K)

# Commentary on the Unchangeable Foundation of the Religion of God from the Baha'i Writings... (22K)

# Commentary on Unity in Diversity from the Baha'i Writings... (6K)

# Commentary on the Independent Investigation of Truth from the Baha'i Writings... (8K)

# Commentary on the Return of the Prophets from the Baha'i Writings... (6K)
-------------------------------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 07:43 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
That might be interesting. If the Baha'i has already fulfilled Christian prohecy, then we should all convert instantly. (ref to a Certain Individual cut as we shall have no personal attacks here. Have Cap, will fit).

Ah. messianic prophecy. The Christ messiah has not come, but the Baha'i one has. How do we know? He fulfilled Biblical prophecy. Thus.

The baptist's prophecy, fulfuilled not by Jesus as he was born in Judea(or Galilee) but the Baha'i prophet was born in Persia! Why didn't I see that?!

prophecies of war. Fulfilled in the modern age with the two greatest wars ever. Prophecy fulfilled. Jesus has missed the boat. Baha'u'llah is the man!

The gathering of the people. certain experts in the End Days noted this gathering together in Judea, but failed to note that the Baha'i messiah had come at that very time! Hallelu..or , rather, Wollwoolwolloo...pehaps.

The day of God. The day of all the false prophets is still shining but they will be clouded and the Baha'i messiah will shine alone. You just wait and see!

The end times. This is misunderstood. Though it appears to talk about upheavals and resolutions to come when the messiah returns, it is actually mistranslated and means whatever Baha'u'llah takes it to mean.

This is so darned convincing that the sheer re - interpretation of prophecy is also another proof. The mystery of death and resurrection is not, as it appears to be, about actually dying and being resurrected but about dying to one belief and being resurrected to another.
How could I have been so blind as to think Bible prophecy was about what it actually seemed to mean?!

Now this is the good one. Christ will return but not as Christ of course. As the Baptist was Elijah returned so Baha'u'llah is Christ returned. Why didn't I see that?

The coming on the clouds? Ohh ho ho ho, you foolish people. That is of course merely symbolic. 'Clouds' mean whatever Baha'u'llah takes it to mean.

predictions of end times. Remember that Christ himself said that many will come claiming to be him and will decieve many ..uhh..well, no.. forget that one. Let's find that one about gathering the people together and preaching the gospel in all the world. Uhh...well, that only happened after the collapse of communism and is still far from preached everywhere in China or N Korea or in the Muslim world of course, or the Buddhist and Hindu..and Baha'u'llah has long gone... Nope, no help for it, he'll have to resort to the Quran..."everyone's squabbling..." well, that's not exactly a stunning prophecy come true..let's forget that and go onto the next.

signs of the times. A rehash of ..uhh..squabbling but with the reinterpretation by Baha'u'llah who shows that it was all mistranslated. Sun moon and stars doesn't actually mean sun moon and stars but religious ordinances. See?! Convinced now? No? You stiff - necked bastards.

Never mind. I may not be convinced but some people will believe anything, provided that it doesn't have much good evidence behind it.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-23-2010 at 08:26 AM..

Old 08-23-2010, 12:27 PM

180 posts, read 217,174 times
Or maybe they all heard a single similar true "prophecy" story and each repackaged it in their own way. Maybe that prophecy was from the one true diety that has long been forgotten and is punishing us for forgetting him. Maybe he is trying to tell us to turn back to him or this world will be destroyed. by the way this diety wants to be called Peopee and I am his prophet Boogieman. ALL PRAISE PEOPEE. Do what he says or you will be punished FOR ALL ETERNITY. His wishes will be written by me soon in a book and it will be absolute truth.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:05 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
Or maybe they all heard a single similar true "prophecy" story and each repackaged it in their own way. Maybe that prophecy was from the one true diety that has long been forgotten and is punishing us for forgetting him. Maybe he is trying to tell us to turn back to him or this world will be destroyed. by the way this diety wants to be called Peopee and I am his prophet Boogieman. ALL PRAISE PEOPEE. Do what he says or you will be punished FOR ALL ETERNITY. His wishes will be written by me soon in a book and it will be absolute truth.
I am moved by your words of wisdom, which transcendeth all the futile conflicting Faiths by one faith which encompatheth all others, yea, and their tithes, taxes and voluntary contributions as much as doeth Mystic's intelligent nature transcend the Volcano -god.

I should love to be the first to lay his faith and life and wallet at thy feet were it not that I could never worship a deity called Poohpee.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:45 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
ROFL! Too funny! Poohpee (peace be upon it) be praised! Thou hath the insight to include the soon-to-be-sanctified Wallet.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:50 AM

180 posts, read 217,174 times
Yes of course Peopee wishes to have 20% considering he is angry with the world and needs the funds to turn it around before its too late! I understand he is all-powerful but even the almighty needs money.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:52 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Oh my....you guys are TOOOOOOOOO much....I can't even type I'm laughing so hard!! Thanks for the comedy!

Old 09-07-2010, 01:40 AM

126 posts, read 210,520 times
Default More on the Baha'i Faith and Christianity

More on the Baha'i Faith and Christianity...and especially the concept of the Return of Christ. Thanks for the humorous interlude. I'll take this thread back to the original theme.-Ron in Tasmania
-------------------
I begin with the following announcement from Bahá’í sacred writings:

“Followers of the Gospel, behold the gates of heaven are flung open. He that had ascended unto it is now come. Give ear to His voice calling aloud over land and sea, announcing to all mankind the advent of this Revelation – a Revelation through the agency of which the Tongue of Grandeur is now proclaiming: ‘Lo, the sacred pledge hath been fulfilled, for He, the Promised One, is come!’”

These majestic words are from the pen of Bahá’u’lláh, the nineteenth-century religious figure known to history as the founder of the Bahá’í Faith. With power and authority, Bahá’u’lláh proclaimed to the Christians of the world that He fulfils the Bible’s sacred promises concerning the Return of Christ: “Jesus, the Spirit of God . . . hath once more, in my person, been made manifest unto you” (Gleanings 101). To Pope Pius IX Bahá’u’lláh wrote:

“O Pope! Rend the veils asunder. He who is the Lord of Lords is come overshadowed with clouds, and the decree hath been fulfilled by God, the Almighty, the Unrestrained . . . He, verily, hath again come down from Heaven even as He came down from it the first time . . . Beware lest any name debar thee from God . . .”

Considering Bahá’u’lláh's claim for the first time, many Christians understandably find it difficult to accept that “the Lord of Lords is come”. The information I provide here is but a start and it is designed to provide some, just a little, background information that can help every true believer in Christ fairly and fearlessly to investigate the claim of Baha'u'llah.

A Bahá’í, then, is someone who acknowledges that:

* Christ has returned in the Glory of the Father, with a New Name (Rev. 3:12) which is Bahá’u’lláh (pronounced “Bah-HAH-o-LAH”, meaning in Arabic “the Glory of God”).
* He is the Spirit of Truth come to teach mankind all truth – how to live in accordance with the Will of God, to find success and salvation in this life while preparing our souls for their eternal journey through the Worlds of God.
* He is the Promised One of all divinely-revealed Religions: the Kalki Avarar, the Shah Bahram, the Maitreya Buddha, and the Prince of the Royal House of David.
* He has come to glorify Jesus as "He Who purified the World" and "the very Savior of man".

Bahá’ís, the followers of Bahá’u’lláh, are more than 6 million throughout the world, in every country, from every race and nationality. They work under His Divine Guidance to establish the Millennial Kingdom of God – to unite human hearts with God, to join in accord all souls, to end sectarian bickering and racial prejudice. In return He promises personal fulfillment through His Divine Precepts for living, as well as eternal happiness in His Paradise in the Afterlife.
-----------
Readers at City-Data Forum can google much more information if they are interested.-Ron Price, Australia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality