Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 07:18 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times

Advertisements

Many on here state they believe in God but not the one promoted by the Bible.
So where did you learn about God?
The idea of god didn't just come to you in a dream or something did it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 08:18 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Many on here state they believe in God but not the one promoted by the Bible.
So where did you learn about God?
The idea of god didn't just come to you in a dream or something did it?

Why not? Isn't that where the original concept came from?

Old 09-06-2010, 08:30 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,163,071 times
Quote:
Many on here state they believe in God but not the one promoted by the Bible. So where did you learn about God? The idea of god didn't just come to you in a dream or something did it?
When I was a kid, I went to many different churches and learned about God from their point of view... and what I learned didn't make me a happy camper. So I moved on and out.

It wasn't until I read Jesus' messages and learned about his teachings in the book titled True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus that I had a true understanding of who is God. When I began following Jesus' teachings and started praying for God's Divine Love and eventually my soul opened and received it, then this was my confirmation and verification that these writings are true.

So after more than 30 years of praying, or not praying, believing, then questioning, finally committing myself to do the Will of God and establishing a personal relationship with Him, and going through the process of soul development... I can say without a shadow of a doubt that what I know and have learned and share are God's truths... which are so simple and easy to understand, by the way.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:49 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,357,250 times
From an Atheist point of view I think many will read your religious books, and have enough knowledge to recognize they are books of myths. These individuals search for something which allows them to be acceptable in a religious world, and avoids the harsh conflicts of accepting a reality.
I as an Atheist find the reality better than living what I see as a lie, and have developed a thick skin and ability to respond to negative remarks.
They are all different levels of rejection to myths.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
From an Atheist point of view I think many will read your religious books, and have enough knowledge to recognize they are books of myths. These individuals search for something which allows them to be acceptable in a religious world, and avoids the harsh conflicts of accepting a reality. I as an Atheist find the reality better than living what I see as a lie, and have developed a thick skin and ability to respond to negative remarks.
They are all different levels of rejection to myths.
What you may not understand is that our minds are fallible and prone to error. Our mind is a separate creation from our soul and until and unless people discover who and what is a soul and they shut their minds off to the possibility of such a creation... then they will be lost. For it is soul who speaks to soul... our soul to God's soul... now because your mind is convinced that this is all a myth, perhaps, you're soul does not. It is only when an awakening of our soul occurs that truth will be found.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:53 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default What a predicament to find oneself in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
What you may not understand is that our minds are fallible and prone to error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifle
1) So... your "infallible" understanding of biblical facts or god's truth may thus be subject to your brain's admitted errors in interpretation? Or ditto for the authors of all the books you've read and selectively chosen as the truth, out of the tens of thousands that cover Buddhism, Shinto, Catholicism, Southern Baptist, and on and on. So many of them are, in your opinion, all wrong, huh? Too bad for all of them I suppose, being so far off track...
Our mind is a separate creation from our soul and until and unless people discover who and what is a soul and they shut their minds off to the possibility of such a creation... then they will be lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifle
2) So... what about us people who have "discovered" a vastly different truth than yours, one that resonates exactly with our life's experiences and what we're seeking in life? And what if we don't see or rely on an individual "soul"? What if, instead, we just realize it's a series of complex calculations that interact with our world as per our millions of years of evolution in programmed behavior and reactions?

After all, we're all different, and what's important to me is possibly unimportant or even possibly "vile" to you. You'd immediately reject those aspects; I'd embrace them. Who's right? You?
For it is soul who speaks to soul... our soul to God's soul... now because your mind is convinced that this is all a myth, perhaps, you're soul does not. It is only when an awakening of our soul occurs that truth will be found.
3) Well of course, this is your own limited conclusionary determination, which is NOT by any means The Truth. You erroneously assume that I came to my personal spirituality with far less thought, introspection, observation of life and of the realities around me than you did, while you simultaneously ignore my extensive education (which is simply a summation and distillation of the thinking of so many others, BTW... It's up to the individual to "suss out" the kernels of possible truth, and to reject the crud. We don't just sit there like doggies, lapping it all up!).

As well, there's my life raising 3 kids, and my own problems and highlights as I grew up... and so on.

All of it goes into the trashbin as far as you're concerned, since I didn't find the same "soul" you did. Or, that I must have missed some major key elements that led you so inexorably to "The Right Answers".

Do you have any idea how narrow-minded and selective that sounds to us with free and open minds? Not to mention how much it sets your mind in concrete? How much "stuff" you've purposefully decided to ignore? The levels of modern knowledge, brought to you by honest, open scientists, that you automatically dismiss, possibly with venom in your heart?

Tell me this: when was the last time you bought and read a Scientific American, or The Journal Nature, when it announces a new bit of evidence about, say, evolution? Be honest, please.

Meantime, I see nothing good in any doctrine that celebrates selective acceptance of facts, of "vetting" new and interesting information, and then of denying new thoughts simply because the congregation has decided they've found The Answer.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:06 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
I'm still wondering where this 'soul' thing is.
Maybe I was born without one? Is there a test for that?

Old 09-06-2010, 11:59 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,357,250 times
Quote:
The soul is a mythical part which humans use to soften reality. They also seem to think they have a monopoly on these souls and no other creature evolved with one.
I think it is a glitch in the DNA which lets some accept a mythical god, and others reject the idea as insane. The question seems to be still out on how we should describe this “god gene”. On one hand it looks like a flaw, and for the other side a positive advance in evolution. In my case I am glad I have dodged any gene which made me believe the lies religion has dumped on us over the centuries. The lack of the gene, or the religious soul has freed me of the dogma, and prejudice which comes from the too many gods. It is a freedon I wish the sheep people could experience.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
3) Well of course, this is your own limited conclusionary determination, which is NOT by any means The Truth. You erroneously assume that I came to my personal spirituality with far less thought, introspection, observation of life and of the realities around me than you did, while you simultaneously ignore my extensive education (which is simply a summation and distillation of the thinking of so many others, BTW... It's up to the individual to "suss out" the kernels of possible truth, and to reject the crud. We don't just sit there like doggies, lapping it all up!).

As well, there's my life raising 3 kids, and my own problems and highlights as I grew up... and so on.

All of it goes into the trashbin as far as you're concerned, since I didn't find the same "soul" you did. Or, that I must have missed some major key elements that led you so inexorably to "The Right Answers".

Do you have any idea how narrow-minded and selective that sounds to us with free and open minds? Not to mention how much it sets your mind in concrete? How much "stuff" you've purposefully decided to ignore? The levels of modern knowledge, brought to you by honest, open scientists, that you automatically dismiss, possibly with venom in your heart?

Tell me this: when was the last time you bought and read a Scientific American, or The Journal Nature, when it announces a new bit of evidence about, say, evolution? Be honest, please. Meantime, I see nothing good in any doctrine that celebrates selective acceptance of facts, of "vetting" new and interesting information, and then of denying new thoughts simply because the congregation has decided they've found The Answer.
As I said and will continue to say, we each have to find our own soul and an awakening must occur so that we will know it is inside of us... and prayer is required because God helps us with this effort... and when we really know our soul, then our minds take a back seat and our thinking may not be in alignment with our soul, which knows only truth.

And as I posted in a previous thread, we are spiritual beings. I realize that this is a difficult concept for people to comprehend with their minds, but when our soul is open, which mine is... then it isn't.

If I had an interest in science, I would most definitely read those journals, but since I don't... then I don't.

Well, I'm away from my home for 12 hours a day commuting to work and working and sometimes my job is very demanding and I've gone to college and helped raise a child and done all of that, too. If you knew me, you would know that I'm not a lazy, stupid slacker, who just accepts what's thrown out into the wind... to see which way it blows, so I can jump on the popular bandwagon. I'm a no-nonsense person and am a critical thinker as well. Because I know my soul... then that makes me different than you and many others as well.

And I have thought long and hard about what I've known for years and it's what I share here... and I've known about this forum for years, but you didn't see me here from the get-go, now did you. It wasn't until last November 2009 that I jumped in, after I had a spiritual experience and I was asked to go tell people that God is our Father and He wants everyone to know it.

So now you know... and you and anyone else reading this post can never say that you weren't told.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:55 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
You are producing it with every waking thought and feeling . . . your consciousness is your soul "in-process."Your confusion stems from an imperfect understanding of the nature of our soul and animal nature and the roles of each. Our soul begins as a seed . . . spiritual embryo in the womb of our brain. Energy transformation is the mechanism underlying its growth and maturation process. Pure vibrational energy is the very substance of our soul. Our consciousness is our soul in the process of becoming. Our thoughts are the production process for the development to maturity (Death) and rebirth of our soul as Spirit into its rightful plane of existence. But, pure thought, uncolored with human emotions, is NOT the type of consciousness we are supposed to produce.

Our animal nature is the source of all the energy and drive for our thoughts and behaviors. Our animal nature is fully functional and dominant at birth and for most of our early years as the "seed" of our embryo soul matures and gains control over directing the way we spend the energy and respond to the drives. As our developing consciousness controls and redirects the energy from our animal nature . . . we transform it into thoughts and feelings (the essence of our soul) . . . and behaviors (the essence of our physical existence). Our behaviors both expend energy and acquire new sources of energy for our body and brain to transform into cells, thoughts, feelings, behavior and waste. etc. The mixture and character of the ways WE spend and transform those energies in our consciousness determines the COMPOSITION of our soul and should be the focus of our spiritual concern.

It is the merging of positive cognitive drive energy with the negative drive energy of our human weaknesses that produces the very structure of our Soul energy. Among the amino acids in the brain we find a very special kind of ion that affords some intriguing speculation and a slight play on words. This species of ion has a unique structure . . . a positive and a negative charge in balance. It is called a Zwitter-ion, or Z-ion. Zwitter is the German word for hybrid or hermaphrodite.

Ion transfers are extremely important to life. Ion exchange is the basic chemical mechanism that enables us and all life to continue to exist. Even more to the point, however, is the fact that it is ion exchange that enables us to think. Ions in the various amino acids within the cells and fluid of the brain enable the firing of the neuro-synaptic circuits (what we call thinking).

In the myth . . . Hermaphroditus is noted for having rejected the carnal love of the nymph Salmacis in whose fountain he bathed. Salmacis then prayed to the gods that she might forever be united with him. This resulted in a being half-male and half-female. Male and female express the negative and positive aspects of existence as reflected in many of the mystical conceptions. However, here the mythological connection is most interesting.

Yes, the name was probably given to the ion because of the symbolism of the myth. Nevertheless, think about the possible relationship of the myth's creation to some primordial conscious intuition about this fundamental process of brain function. Hermaphroditus' rejection of the carnal love of the nymph in whose fountain he bathed resulted in the creation of a unique creature, half-male and half-female. Consider the possibility that a rejection of negative carnal drives by your Soul as it bathes in the amniotic fluid (fountain) around your brain might produce the unique Z-ions, half-positive and half-negative, that establish the energy "scaffolding" of our Soul energy..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality