Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 06:45 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
From Luke chapter 6 ...
Written many years later, Luke, a Greek anti-Semite, had a definite agenda.

Better evidence that Jesus of Nazareth was an observant Jew (no bacon or ham or any pork product; no lobster or shrimp; no a cheeseburger; no work on Shabbat) is that after the death of Jesus of Nazareth, James, the brother of Jesus of Nazareth remained an observant Jew (no bacon or ham or any pork product; no lobster or shrimp; no cheeseburger; no work on Shabbat).

Quote:
And really, how do we know that Jesus did not enjoy an occasional Cheeseburger??? :p
Observant Jews, such as Jesus of Nazareth, were prohibited by Mitzvah (Commandment) from mixing meat and milk at the same meal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 07:25 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Do you eat bacon or ham or any pork product?; do you eat lobster or shrimp?; do you eat a cheeseburger?; or, do you do any type of work on Shabbat (Sabbath)?; because, as an observant Jew, Jesus of Nazareth did not, and therefore if you do any of the things listed, you wouldn't be living the life you claim to be your goal.
Your understanding of the Christianity is woefully inept. Please educate yourself before asking such a question.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Your understanding of the Christianity is woefully inept. Please educate yourself before asking such a question. :smack:
On the contrary, your understanding of Jesus of Nazareth being an observant Jew who obeyed the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments) that are binding on individual Jews, and what that means, is what is woefully lacking.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:44 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times
Quote:
Written many years later, Luke, a Greek anti-Semite, had a definite agenda.
Too bad you just dismiss the eyewitness account, which is also recorded in Mark 3 and Matthew 12.

But you are entitled to your opinion.

Odd that you seem to respect Jesus and James, yet pay no attention to their words.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
On the contrary, your understanding of Jesus of Nazareth being an observant Jew who obeyed the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments) that are binding on individual Jews, and what that means, is what is woefully lacking.
Are those commandments in the Torah? Or were they added later by the Pharisees?

Old 09-14-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Odd that you seem to respect Jesus and James, yet pay no attention to their words.
Words put into their mouths by others who had an agenda.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Are those commandments in the Torah?
These Mitzvot (Commandments) were given to Moishe (Moses) at Sinai and, yes, are in the Torah. They are binding on those at Sinai, their descendents and those who voluntarily accept them through conversion.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:57 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Matthew 5:17

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Jesus did what no one before or after Him could do.

Luke 22:20

20In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Acts 10

9About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. 13Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."

14"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." 15The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

Matthew 22

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Old 09-14-2010, 08:19 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,577 times
Wow,we sure got off topic on this thread!I don't really care if a church is financed through dues,tithes,bingo,bakesales or carwashes.If its legal and works for your group i'm happy for you.
I wanted to start my own cult once but couldn't find anyone dumb enough to give me their house,wife,or checkbook....I guess 'charisma' isn't my strong point...nor apparently is spelling.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
These Mitzvot (Commandments) were given to Moishe (Moses) at Sinai and, yes, are in the Torah. They are binding on those at Sinai, their descendents and those who voluntarily accept them through conversion.
Like the one km limit on travel?
And where is that written in the Torah?

Quote:
Words put into their mouths by others who had an agenda.
Ah, Yes.

So if the entire NT is bull in your opinion, please don't tell us what you think Jesus said. Even the Talmud called Jesus a jerk. From what you are saying you have no credible source material. Either the NT accounts are accurate or they are not. You really can't have it both ways.

What did Jesus teach? OK. And where are His teachings recorded? It ain't in the Talmud, my friend. So if, as you say, the NT is just agendized BS, then why do you claim to know what Jesus taught and what He was like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality