Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 06:00 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,897,945 times

Advertisements

Why can't our local Catholic church get it through their heads that my dad is dead and they won't be getting anymore money? They even did the funeral!!! I have wrote deceased every month on the envelopes, yet they keep on coming. Of course with most churches, they only care about the $$$. I guess they think I will send them some...lol...keep guessing!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 06:06 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,113 times
Good for starting a fire in the fireplace..

Old 09-15-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Good for starting a fire in the fireplace..
No, I want a real answer as to why they keep coming? Is it error or is it all about the money? I mean this has been going on for 8 months now.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:29 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Why can't our local Catholic church get it through their heads that my dad is dead and they won't be getting anymore money? They even did the funeral!!! I have wrote deceased every month on the envelopes, yet they keep on coming. Of course with most churches, they only care about the $$$. I guess they think I will send them some...lol...keep guessing!!!
The Catholic Church sends requests for money to people in the mail? I didn't know that. Do other churches do that? I know mine doesn't. We don't pass a collection plate around either.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:03 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
No, I want a real answer as to why they keep coming? Is it error or is it all about the money? I mean this has been going on for 8 months now.
seriously, it's probably a clerical error, if I were you I'd call the secretary of the church and tell them that the person that they're sending their envelopes to is deceased and ask them to stop sending the envelopes.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:07 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times
That why I keep the recycling bin in the carport and I pass right by it on the back from the mailbox.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:41 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The Catholic Church sends requests for money to people in the mail? I didn't know that. Do other churches do that? I know mine doesn't. We don't pass a collection plate around either.
We (Southern Baptist) don't either. We pass the plate.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:49 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
We (Southern Baptist) don't either. We pass the plate.
A friend ran a small printing business for a number of years. I stopped by for coffee one day, and was looking at the print job he was running at the time, I guess the colored paper caught my attention, five different versions, 5 different colors.

It was dunning letters to parishioners that were not tithing enough to please the preacher from the big baptist church down the street, ranging from a 'gentle reminder' to not so friendly collection letters.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:00 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
A friend ran a small printing business for a number of years. I stopped by for coffee one day, and was looking at the print job he was running at the time, I guess the colored paper caught my attention, five different versions, 5 different colors.

It was dunning letters to parishioners that were not tithing enough to please the preacher from the big baptist church down the street, ranging from a 'gentle reminder' to not so friendly collection letters.
LOL! We don't do that. However, if a person is asked to be a deacon, teacher, or other leader, the staff will inquire if that person gives significantly & regularly. I know this because my wife is the financial assistant at our church. Amounts are not discussed. What significant means is left up to the opinion of our finance director.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
LOL! We don't do that. However, if a person is asked to be a deacon, teacher, or other leader, the staff will inquire if that person gives significantly & regularly. I know this because my wife is the financial assistant at our church. Amounts are not discussed. What significant means is left up to the opinion of our finance director.
You mean if you volunteer your time at church, you are supposed to give more money? If so, yikes!!!

Anyway, back to my issue. The person that handles all that was at dad's funeral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality