Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 04:25 PM

419 posts, read 869,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Vaccines should be under that umbrella. People who endanger their children's lives due to their religious beliefs should be committed to the looney bin. Vaccines do help prevent many diseases. Case in point-meningitis. The vaccine prevents 90% of people from getting the disease. Diptheria was once one of the most common causes of death in children. Now it is very rare due to vaccinations.
It amazes me how, in this day and age, personal religious faith still trumps over advanced scientific knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 04:30 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,175,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
purehuman, it would be nice if you researched the people who write these things. Dr. Rebecca Carley has had her medical license revoked because she has a mental disability that includes delusions

New York State Revokes Rebecca Carley's Medical License

This blog has some excerpts from the hearing itself.

Confessions of a Quackbuster: Rebecca Carley, MD, a Disgrace to Medicine
All this shows is that if you DARE to disagree with the medial profession they will gladly eat their young. Poor Dr. Carley, having to deal with the wrath of the AMA because she dares to speak her mind. How very very sad for all of us.

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-27-2011, 04:45 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,566,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaida View Post
It amazes me how, in this day and age, personal religious faith still trumps over advanced scientific knowledge.
Never never underestimate the power of stupidity.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:39 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,311,370 times
The only ones giving you half the truth about vaccines is the cdc,who, and ama. They make BILLIONS on vaccines.....They work on the "power of stupidity" such as Asheville Native says. I too am amazed how in this day and age personal religious faith, and absolute BLIND faith in the cdc, can indeed trump over VAST SCIENTIFIC knowledge showing how extremely damaging, if not deadly, vaccines have PROVEN to be...

Old 03-29-2011, 04:43 PM

419 posts, read 869,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
The only ones giving you half the truth about vaccines is the cdc,who, and ama. They make BILLIONS on vaccines.....They work on the "power of stupidity" such as Asheville Native says. I too am amazed how in this day and age personal religious faith, and absolute BLIND faith in the cdc, can indeed trump over VAST SCIENTIFIC knowledge showing how extremely damaging, if not deadly, vaccines have PROVEN to be...
There is quite a bit of lobbying going on for vaccines. And even some for vaccine injury compensation programs. The links are worth checking out.
139 client(s) lobbied for specific issues containing the word 'vaccine'

5 client(s) lobbied for specific issues containing the word 'vaccine injury compensation program'

Old 03-29-2011, 05:20 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,530,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth1940 View Post
Those who refuse to allow their children to be vaccinated put other people's babies too young to be vaccinated in danger. It's mostly the babies with immature respiratory systems who die of whooping cough (as well as fagile elderly, of course). The rate of whooping cough has risen alarmingly in recent years after being rare after widespread immunization was begun. Those spreading the lies should be held responsible.
I never thought much about whooping cough until my 9 year old daughter got it. She coughed to the point of turning purple and vomiting. It was a horrible sight to see and me not being able to do anything. When I took her to her doctor I couldn't believe it and I said that she had been vaccinated, but he said that vaccinations are only 99% effective. He also said whooping cough along with other things are on the rise because of people who aren't vaccinated. Her case would have been worse if not for the vaccination so I am gratefull I chose to vaccinate.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:41 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,022,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
And this 'evidence' comes from people whom think talking to the wall will heal you. Which makes more sense:

Believe the vast majority of doctors, the evidence and experts or the ramblings of Doctor Whack-a-Doodle(PhD from Darth Vader Academy)

Last edited by agnostic soldier; 03-29-2011 at 05:51 PM..

Old 03-30-2011, 02:07 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,223,717 times
To stop vaccination even in a country where hygiene is better than most of the rest of the world is still stupid IMO. We know all too well how quickly these deadly strains of flu spread simply by air travel.

Folk coming from other countries may be carriers and immune to a disease themselves and that is what we need to realize. Prevention is better than cure and the stats tend to indicate a positive result rather than negative.

Girls here get vaccinated against German measles (Rubella) pre puberty and that should never be stopped. It is better to actually have the disease and develop antibodies as a child rather than to accidentally contract it in the first trimester of pregnancy later in life.

Many of the vaccines I had as a kid, polio IIRC were simple sugar cubes you ingested. These were all carried out at schools by the govt. health care.

Because we started on this route and effectively hijacked the survival of the fittest, we may well be in a situation that we no longer have the ability to resist these diseases as many here probably would be dead w/o the modern treatments available.

In the distant past where folk were pretty much tribal, these diseases would likely not have been a big issue. The urbanization of people coupled with the industrial revolution led to more people being confined into an unnatural environment and thus exposed more to the unhygienic results of that urbanization.

Whenever you choose to send your kids to public schools, live in an urban settlement where exposure to other kids is expected, one should not be selfish and refuse vaccination. It is more than simply protecting oneself, there is the community to consider and when you have outsiders coming into that community, until they are all vaccinated, you risk getting sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality