Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Assume the Bible is 100% true. It says that everyone will someday worship God. This is because:
Someday, everyone will be reunited with their Creator, and will thank Him for it. 5 21.74%
Even those who did not accept Christ will willingly acknowledge His Lordship, and God's Holiness. 13 56.52%
God will force everyone to worship Him, because He said so. 2 8.70%
He will pull His Cosmic car over if you do not! Don't make Him get up off the couch! 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 01:46 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,423,375 times

Advertisements

Sorry Jeff, I guess I read too fast Ok I voted the second answer, everyone will acknowledge Him because they will realize He is who He always said He is, too bad it will be too late for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 01:47 PM

50 posts, read 172,026 times
I think that once Jesus comes, those that did not believe will believe - because they finally see with their own eyes and have their "proof" of God's existence. I think that is when and why every knee will bow - Because the believers will bow to praise Him since they already believe and the unbelievers will bow and finally believe when they see Him.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:47 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,752,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
LOL, you know it arguy! Rocky!

I think there is an element of truth to what you say about everyone not helping but to able to bow down. I believe God's glory will be beyond our expectations and ability to resist. But, the word bow used in these verses in the Greek refer to willing worship, not forced submission. I posted this on one of these dang threads the other day...
yea i know u did(prev thread) thats why i said that--just harrasment man-lol

Old 07-06-2007, 01:51 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,206,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
yea i know u did(prev thread) thats why i said that--just harrasment man-lol
Oh, THANKS arguy...LOL.

Vacation--will it be too late for them?

Old 07-06-2007, 01:54 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,293,784 times
Jeff...Call me stupid, but I'm having a tough time understanding what it is you are ultimately asking...

Can you briefly paraphrase it?

-Confused June

Old 07-06-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Jeff...Call me stupid, but I'm having a tough time understanding what it is you are ultimately asking...

Can you briefly paraphrase it?

-Confused June
No problemo, June!

The Bible says at numerous times and in numerous ways that all of God's creation will bow and worship Him. Do you believe that this will be by force, or of free will?

Old 07-06-2007, 02:02 PM

I don't know if it would be too late for them - I'd have to research it - I tend to think yes - it would be too late for them - because Hell is a real place that God does know people will end up in. He doesn't want anyone to go there, but He knows that some will because of their own free will to not believe in Him and/or to do evil things while alive and not repent and turn to God while they are alive. The general idea here is to believe in God without seeing Him - without physical proof - you are saved because you repent of your sins and believe in Him while you are alive. I don't recall anything in the Bible saying that you can repent and become a Christian AFTER you die.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationsover View Post
I don't know if it would be too late for them - I'd have to research it - I tend to think yes - it would be too late for them - because Hell is a real place that God does know people will end up in. He doesn't want anyone to go there, but He knows that some will because of their own free will to not believe in Him and/or to do evil things while alive and not repent and turn to God while they are alive. The general idea here is to believe in God without seeing Him - without physical proof - you are saved because you repent of your sins and believe in Him while you are alive. I don't recall anything in the Bible saying that you can repent and become a Christian AFTER you die.
I see! Well, this is the orthodox view, and what I believed my entire life until fairly recently. I now know (from intense study and prayer) that the words pertaining to hell and forever in the Bible have been grossly misinterpreted. I therefore conclude that hell is reformative, and temporary.

The only alternative is to believe the sin of Adam is more powerful than the redeeming power of Jesus -- that the sin of one man made all men sinners, but the righteousness of Christ is not enough to make all men righteous. But to believe this is to disbelieve in the Bible, IMHO, because the teaching of the Bible are clear: that ALL people are saved through the power of Jesus Christ to forgive all sins and transform everyone from the fallen condition of Adam to the righteousness of the Son of God. Some people will have to go through hell as punishment for their sins, if they did not repent and accept Jesus when they had a chance in this life. There are verses that teach this. Other people will be saved more quickly because of their belief and willing cooperation in the salvation process during their life on earth. There are verses which teach this too, the importance of our choice to believe and try our best to follow the Lord. And the verses which teach universal redemption at the end of time are also in the Bible and must not be ignored. There are dozens of such verses.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:30 PM

Can you tell me which verses talk about redemption at the end of time. I can't find them - I'm trying to do so quickly, and I am just your average person - never memorized the Bible or anything - just trying to read the Bible and learn as I go.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationsover View Post
Can you tell me which verses talk about redemption at the end of time. I can't find them - I'm trying to do so quickly, and I am just your average person - never memorized the Bible or anything - just trying to read the Bible and learn as I go.
Sure! I will preface this by saying that some say that some of these verses do not say what they (to me, and many others) plainly say...

“…Just as the result of one trespass (Adam’s) was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness (Christ’s) was justification that brings life for all men. For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous." (Romans 5:18,19).

“Since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.” (1 Cor. 15:22)

“For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe” (1 Timothy 4:10).

All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations will worship before You. For the kingdom is the LORD’S and He rules over the nations. All the prosperous of the earth will eat and worship, all those who go down to the dust will bow before Him, even he who cannot keep his soul alive” (Psalm 22:27-29 NASB).

“Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him (2 Samuel 14:14).

For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men." (Lam 3:31-33)

How, especially, is this last one true? Doesn't the Bible say that many men (and women) are indeed cast off by the Lord forever? It seems to, but then wouldn't the Bible contradict itself? Believe me, it does not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality