Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 07:10 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times

Advertisements

My view is that this world sucks and humans are the most cruel and stupid form of life. Explaining this would require at least 10 pages.
I wonder how the Earth and all creatures will rejoice when the human race crosses the finish line?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 07:12 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,958,693 times
Lol well why dont you make the best of it then :P

Old 06-22-2010, 07:12 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,395,054 times
It is a big stinking rot pile and seems more so everyday. If you meet good people, treasure them. They are few and far between.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:45 PM

123 posts, read 131,347 times
Sometimes it can suck but sometimes it's just awsome in its beauty.

Everything we're made of, the Earth is made of too. We are the environment around us.

We're not living IN a world... We ARE the world come to life.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:10 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
My view is that this world sucks and humans are the most cruel and stupid form of life. Explaining this would require at least 10 pages.
I wonder how the Earth and all creatures will rejoice when the human race crosses the finish line?
UHHHM! Number 2.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:27 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,564,648 times
I think largely this world is pretty good and people often do the most wonderful things. Or it's mixed, but could be a great deal worse.

I mean the worst regimes tend not to last so long. The Nazis were in for less than twenty years and even China is milder than it was under Mao.

People can be cruel and all that, but they can also be very kind. They can make sacrifices to help virtual strangers. There are people who give up fortunes to help the poor. There's philanthropists and not all aid organizations are corrupt. And there's also things besides that that show the good in people. Like music and the arts. It might be mawkish, but some light Celtic music really helped me out when I was in ICU. And there's efforts to save species or refugees or the like.

Not to sound all Pollyannaish. I think pretty often people also betray each other, gather in packs to crush the weak, torment people into madness, abuse children, and so forth. I'm just saying I don't expect perfection. Considering how bad things could be, could be pretty easily I'd say, I think the world is probably more good than bad. People are more kind than cruel. (Granted they might be more indifferent than either kind or cruel)

Old 06-22-2010, 10:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
The older I get - I find that I see more faults in some of my friends - and we tend to grow apart because of it. I'm not talking about little faults - like being late - I mean that they use me or don't listen to my problems yet they expect me to be at their beck and call. However, I have to say that I've also discovered that I love some of my friends more and more and realize how wonderful they truly are.There are some amazing people out there - don't let the bad ones ruin it for you!

Old 06-22-2010, 10:15 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
I try to look for the beauty and goodness in this world and the people in it..Makes life more meaningful and is good medicine for the soul and body

The world doesn't "suck", but there will always be people who try very hard to make it "suck" for everyone else.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:44 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post

Oh man you sound just like my husband! But yeah it does suck. Kinda stupid isn't it.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:16 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
it's pretty rough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality