Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 08:41 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,240,538 times

Advertisements

Guess you'll just have to wait till you shuffle off this mortal plane to find out. Take your time though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 06:28 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,354,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You will be close to god only after you die, because at that point, neither of you will exist.

Yes. How do you know

Old 11-13-2010, 06:37 PM

964 posts, read 2,654,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
many religious people tell atheists like myself that "I'm going to meet my maker"
The people who are telling you this are delusional and they are not well. They won't admit this but that is one of the symptoms.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:46 PM

378 posts, read 694,124 times
Sadly enough, if you won't accept Him before you die, since He's ALREADY revealed Himself to you, you WON'T see Him after you die; it'll be TOO LATE...Since, the Bible says that once we die, there are no more chances. Don't allow anyone or anything to DELUDE you otherwise. We are building our treasures in Heaven while we're here on earth. So, ACCEPT HIM into your heart, soul and life while you still have an opportunity. Confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and BELIEVE and KNOW He died and was RISEN from the Dead, and you SHALL BE SAVED! Go ahead, and send up your timber NOW!

Old 11-13-2010, 06:51 PM

276 posts, read 478,176 times
Yes, God will reveal himself to you once you are dead. You will then live in ecstatic splendor in Heaven.

Until that time, continue to work like a dog for your superiors. Don't question anything - just keep your mouth shut and follow orders.

And remember to always vote Republican.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:52 PM

964 posts, read 2,654,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsobchak View Post
Yes, God will reveal himself to you once you are dead. You will then live in ecstatic splendor in Heaven.

Until that time, continue to work like a dog for your superiors. Don't question anything - just keep your mouth shut and follow orders.

And remember to always vote Republican.
And don't forget to contribute to the collection plate for the pastor's tax free income. I heard he is saving for a new bass boat.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:06 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,264,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejuris View Post
Go ahead, and send up your timber NOW!
I don't understand. Is there a shortage of wood in heaven?

Old 11-14-2010, 08:45 PM

11,448 posts, read 14,506,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I don't understand. Is there a shortage of wood in heaven?
Sorry, gonna have to wait until you meet God to find out.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:30 PM

48 posts, read 64,951 times
Quote:
The reason that I'm asking this question is because many religious people tell atheists like myself that "I'm going to meet my maker" or words to that effect which seem to indicate that once I've died I'll be confronted with an angry God who won't be happy with my life's decisions, especially those that express doubt that God even exists. My question is why would a loving God hide his existence throughout my lifetime and then confront me about my life and reveal himself to me and suddenly slap me with eternal damnation after my death. This also brings up a second question, why would the moment of death be the cutting off point for forgiveness and why wouldn't I be allowed to be forgiven after I've died?
They are very well versed in threats. All religion was established using fear. All people are apprehensive of what they do not understand. Nobody knows what happens at death so many fear it. If we fear it now think of what it might have been like thousands of years ago.

One thing for sure...nobody knows because nobody has ever come back to tell what it's like.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:46 PM

7,083 posts, read 12,402,658 times
Quote:
I have seen absolutely no evidence that God exists during my lifetime. In fact the very concept of faith is based on the idea that Christians are just supposed to accept all of the teachings of Christianity without evidence.
You are correct. Simply put; God (as in the bible God) is not real; has never been real; will never be real. The fact alone that Christians believe in one God is incorrect simply because the original biblical word for God was Elohim (a plural word). If Christians today got that one important fact wrong, one can only imagine how much else is incorrect.

I've noticed also that many atheists seem to know more about the bible and ancient history better than most Christians (yet many Christians feel a need to "open our eyes" to their truth ). No offense to the Christians, but I challenge any Christian to actually sit down and read the bible with an open mind and open eyes. If a Christian did this (like I did when I was a Christian), their God would cease to exists. Fear (not love) is the ONLY thing keeping the Christian sheep from doing what many of us have done already.

If there is a God, then God is truth (not delusions). If the truth is that God is a myth created by man, than that truth should be YOUR God. Knowing the truth is more important to me than believing in Santa, the tooth fairy, leprechauns, and Gods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality