Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 04:39 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,639,075 times

Advertisements

The reason that I'm asking this question is because many religious people tell atheists like myself that "I'm going to meet my maker" or words to that effect which seem to indicate that once I've died I'll be confronted with an angry God who won't be happy with my life's decisions, especially those that express doubt that God even exists. My question is why would a loving God hide his existence throughout my lifetime and then confront me about my life and reveal himself to me and suddenly slap me with eternal damnation after my death. This also brings up a second question, why would the moment of death be the cutting off point for forgiveness and why wouldn't I be allowed to be forgiven after I've died?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 05:36 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,003,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Will God Only Reveal Himself To Me After I'm Dead?
pretty much up to you........and don't put a lot of credence in a pissed off god lying in wait to ambush you as you trip through the pearly gates.......

Old 11-12-2010, 06:00 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,200,378 times
Quote:
The reason that I'm asking this question is because many religious people tell atheists like myself that "I'm going to meet my maker" or words to that effect which seem to indicate that once I've died I'll be confronted with an angry God who won't be happy with my life's decisions, especially those that express doubt that God even exists. My question is why would a loving God hide his existence throughout my lifetime and then confront me about my life and reveal himself to me and suddenly slap me with eternal damnation after my death. This also brings up a second question, why would the moment of death be the cutting off point for forgiveness and why wouldn't I be allowed to be forgiven after I've died?
It isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
pretty much up to you........and don't put a lot of credence in a pissed off god lying in wait to ambush you as you trip through the pearly gates.......

Old 11-12-2010, 07:20 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,817,788 times
Quote:
God says He has given you plenty of evidence (Romans 1). Obviously, it's not enough for you.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:00 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,693,453 times
You will be close to god only after you die, because at that point, neither of you will exist.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:11 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,817,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You will be close to god only after you die, because at that point, neither of you will exist.
And you know this how?

Old 11-12-2010, 08:14 PM

28,114 posts, read 30,023,553 times
Quote:
The reason that I'm asking this question is because many religious people tell atheists like myself that "I'm going to meet my maker" or words to that effect which seem to indicate that once I've died I'll be confronted with an angry God who won't be happy with my life's decisions, especially those that express doubt that God even exists. My question is why would a loving God hide his existence throughout my lifetime and then confront me about my life and reveal himself to me and suddenly slap me with eternal damnation after my death.
In my opinion, and according to my belief system, God exists and knows you personally. He wants you to believe in Him but He's not going to force you. I don't know why you don't believe, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you're not just being stubborn. If your personal experiences had led you to the conclusion that He exists, you'd probably believe. Obviously they haven't. I personally feel that His existence is going to be made more clear to you after you die. If, on the other hand, you are insisting that he doesn't exist in the face of evidence that He does, you are probably going to continue to see it that way after you die, too.

Quote:
This also brings up a second question, why would the moment of death be the cutting off point for forgiveness and why wouldn't I be allowed to be forgiven after I've died?
Death is not the cut-off point, and you will be forgiven whenever you decide you want to be -- at least for a very long time to come. Ultimately, there will be a cut-off point, but by the time that comes around, you'll at least acknowledge that God has been fair enough in granting you an extension.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:43 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,237,383 times
The proof is not in anyone person...it is somewhat in the Bible...the dead and the living will be before God in the end? / beginning?..(CIRCULAR).who knows for sure?...and what they did in life will be judged according to what God asked, and set as LAWS, PRECEPTS, COVENANTS AND COMMANDMENTS...those who did not repent after Being reborn and hearing the word of God, and Christ, and his forgiveness of sins, if they stop sinning and restore things the way they were, and it (EDEN MAKING)...continues to go undone by them...When so much destruction is being done to the creation in front of their very faces as proof enough? and they support it and take part in it......They are not only Blind but Dumb aswell!!!..and yet they continue to not do, not correct, and not put back that which was taken in disobediance...sinlessly...to reverse something that was inherited from their forefather and Mother (ADAM and EVE)
Then the last place for those kind (LAWLESS)...is the place of purification...(Lake of Fire) where no evil doer will escape from...until they too are cleansed, and made repentive, and compliant... they could stay in that fire forever!.

Now that seems unjust to some, but I think it is the best place for those who continually sin, and profane God's masterpeices.
I do not think it should be up for debate...as what is written is plan and clearer now we can see, and hear, and understand things more so Today,than Yesterday.

Yes those who are polluting the planet and destroying the eco systems...are EVILDOERS!...ask Mr Bush...he knows fossil fuels are made from dead blood of the people slaughtered in the name of SATAN...He even said that "the the Iraqi people are the iraq oils future."
Funny choice of words, twisted in such a way... Meaning what? was that intentional?...Dead Iraqies = Fossil fuels in Time?...how liberating a thought!

Again something God said not to touch is the dead blood of the life taken...that it is for him...SO looks like most of the western world is gona burn for that one....unless they stop using it...which will not happen any time soon....So more fires for more sins ontop of sins...backsliding into it all again, and again and again ...lying...and making war with lies....seems to be supported by the masses who support them lies and liars...who make wars for profits and gains selling weapons to both sides.....wonder why?

SO when we are all dead...or living..or we all had a chance to read the words for ourselves...and try to make sense of it all...then we have a choice to make...and either do the right things for the right reasons for God and his kingdom (all livng things which have repented and stopped sinning and supporting it)...or DO nothing for God, and destroy his kingdom...and watch it all be destroyed by stupid people polluting the planet and making warfare their top priority for a better economy?...based on a IDOL?..and a lie, and a liar!...which was it God made?....His creation was EDEN....and what are humans doing to what God made? (Living or dead ) with all this building and industiral pollution madness going on under an IDOL told not to make more important than God?

Now the OZONE is depleting...and things are gona get hotter and hotter with all the extra UV light getting in on things...to get things burning into our minds....wonder why?

Yes...when it is all ended...we will either be alive, or dead...before God..and he will judge us as to what we have done for God And Christ, and EDEN and her multiples...or for the opposites..and the many dimensional ripples of ALL time lines going in the wrong directions....comming full circle to GOD.

So we will be held accountable...either way...and if we are dead, and have sown seeds for freedom and God, and the living things God made Good, so he could feed the multitudes...then we did something favourable in a selfless Act onto others (OTHER LIVING THINGS)...."DO ONTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE ONTO YOU!"....RESPECT?

Don't let em tell you plants are outlawed because they are bad or DRUGS...use em for the greator Good!!!...and don't believe the lies they tell you that plants are weeds or worse (Profaning what God said was GOOD) (do not second Judge GOD)...they are all Good when taken with thanksgiving!
And try to keep things civil....Cause they all have to hear, see, and know the truth, to change something back to what it once was.

was, was not, and is to come.....so when God gets here...this world will be a Paradise...or a blazing fire....either way it makes for Good reading...and revealing just what direction humankind will take...

I wonder which path they will take from this point onwards?

And so we know the lies..but who is the liar?
Free trade?
In God we trust?
Money = not equal to its face value?...isn't that a LIE?

How many lies does it take to wake em up from their slumber?...I wonder?...oh some don't want to wake up!...so the fire is coming then!...and that is a good thing..when it does come.....even though it seems unjust to some....the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few!

Last edited by Sir Les; 11-12-2010 at 09:59 PM..

Old 11-13-2010, 05:36 AM

13 posts, read 20,925 times
Quote:
In the bible commandments he said you'll have no gods before him. There were many tribes and tribal gods. Who knows how many? Goddess belief was vast and strong before the male deity arrived on the scene leading to the priestcraft and the eventual terratorial church. It's all history now... What you're doing is fishing for emotional responses which is meant to agitate the flock of Christ. IMO

Old 11-13-2010, 07:41 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,639,075 times
jimmiej wrote:
Quote:
God says He has given you plenty of evidence (Romans 1). Obviously, it's not enough for you.
I have seen absolutely no evidence that God exists during my lifetime. In fact the very concept of faith is based on the idea that Christians are just supposed to accept all of the teachings of Christianity without evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality