Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:08 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by TKramar True, but anything worth undertaking (like love) involves risk.
So for fear of trusting people you might miss out on your 1 true love.

But I guess you would only feel this as a loss if you were actually looking for love.
That's why it's no great loss. I don't even believe in this concept you call love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 12:45 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
AQUEMINI331: What I meant by the 'cart before the horse' is that I think it's easier for atheists to get along with Christians than for Christians to get along with atheists, since atheists don't have a source book telling them that the others are inferior and will be judged, etc. I probably should have stated that the first two questions in the original post placed the cart before the horse, not all of them.

Anyway, I have Christian friends because there aren't many others to choose from, and they don't proselytize me.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:49 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,899 times
Division.

From one, many and from many, one.

The point? We are as like stones.

In Adam, humanity became individuals, as separate entities or as gods.

From one God, creation becomes many, as in a constant multiplication.

The consequence of division was death. Death to all. As in born to die.

Unless...........God Himself provides the antidote to save that which was lost in the creation process.

Of the many, who has the right to access the creator? And who does not?

To start with, the creator was introduced to mankind via a selected few in word.

First, to Abraham and to his decedents.

Note: There was a Consciousness amongst the people of the world as to some kind of spiritual entity, not knowing anything about it; evidenced by the many images created to represent it.

So, the God of Abraham became the first real reference to who this God was.

The purpose of this introduction was so that God could not only reveal who He was, but also to repair what became broken in the process of creating individuality.

The redeeming factor was God's responsibility, of and in which He performed in a body of flesh, as God, not a god as some would like to think, but in God's own power and might redeem that which was lost.

So, He redeemed period, or in other words, purchased back that which was lost for with a price.

The price? That one, of many should shoulder the costs of the many, by redeeming them all as one individual as God, and be offered up as a sacrifice for the many.

Having said all that, I now bring you to the resultant: Mankind redeemed!

Question now is, for referencing purposes, by the words saved or not saved, salvation or no salvation, heaven or hell, Christianity, Jew Muslim or Athiest, in having knowledge of God's saving work in our behalf.

Before anything can be saved, first there must be a lost condition or the potential to become lost right?

Jesus, as God paid the price for the lost condition and for the potential to become lost in one effort, that being the sacrifice of the one for the many.

Where do you or I fit in in these whole scheme of things?

If I, choose to believe in Jesus, I can claim salvation done. If you claim not to believe in Jesus, salvation can not be claimed.

Therefore, it is in having knowledge of God's work of salvation and accepting it or not, that determines in one's own mind whether we want it or not.

Every religious belief has it's radicals. The ones whose motives are acted on, out of brotherly love, are in my opinion true believers.

I have no problem with unbelievers, yet, had they knowledge of the saving grace of God and accepted it, I would say that life for them would take on a whole different meaning.

So, in my long winded response, I believe that if believers and or non believers all practiced brotherly love, getting along would made easy.

But, life was not designed to be that way without the effort in the struggle.

Blessings, AJ

Old 12-03-2010, 10:26 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by TKramar
Quote:
That's why it's no great loss. I don't even believe in this concept you call love.
I know, which was the reason I wrote the last line.
It is only logical not to miss something if you've never had it (or believe that you’ve never had it).

But I keep hoping that someday you'll give love a chance, because the saying that everything worth undertaking will always involve risk is still true.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:38 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
Can Christians and atheists get along...with Pagans?

Old 12-04-2010, 08:48 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
What kind of love do you not believe in? I mean are you saying you don't believe in the concept in any fashion, that you even disbelieve in the Platonic or Fraternal kinds of love, or do you just mean you disbelieve in romantic love?

Old 12-04-2010, 02:22 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,357,250 times
Looking at the christian history I would say they can’t get along with any group whose ideas do not meet their political or monetary needs. Most other groups in the past seem to survive without the massive death tolls, but sadly that seems to be changing now as well.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
What kind of love do you not believe in? I mean are you saying you don't believe in the concept in any fashion, that you even disbelieve in the Platonic or Fraternal kinds of love, or do you just mean you disbelieve in romantic love?
I don't believe that people ever have someone else's best interests at heart...just their own.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:20 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't believe that people ever have someone else's best interests at heart...just their own.
I'm betting you don't have kids.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:24 PM

I don't want kids. I don't have the patience for them, and they're nothing but a drain on my resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality