Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:01 AM

105 posts, read 212,808 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I have two questions:

The first:
Muslims claim that Jews hate the Archangel Gabriel, because he is their enemy.
Is this true? If it's true; why?

The second:
Muslims claim that Abraham went to Arab land and built the Kaaba, and Jews say, “No, he didn’t?”
Is there any historical or archaeological evidence to back up such claim?

Thanks.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-09-2010 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: Red is reserved for the mod edits..thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 05:16 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,041,835 times
[quote=C.E.O;16939409]Hi,
I have two questions:

The first:

Jews don't hate archangel Gabriel. Muslims claim a lot about Jews which are not true. Muslims spend a lot of time hating, and spreading untruths. Archangel Gabriel

The second:
Muslims claim that Abraham went to Arab land and built the Kaaba, and Jews say, “No, he didn’t?”

Christians also don't believe this. It has about as much proof as the Qur'an does. None............Muhammad used the story of the Kaaba to promote his new religion.

There is no reference to the Kaaba in ancient Jews texts and these Muslim traditions are likely just an attempt to establish a more ancient pedigree for Islam — perhaps in part to help Muhammad convert the Jews, which ultimately failed anyway.
http://atheism.about.com/od/muslimho...KaabaMecca.htm

Thanks.

You could always find answers to your questions by reading a book about Judaism and Islam.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-09-2010 at 10:05 AM..

Old 12-09-2010, 06:21 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.E.O View Post
Hi,
I have two questions:

The first:
it's true and not true
quran didn't said that it's a a beleifs of jews , it was verse which revealed in response to one of jews , that's all

the verse says
2-97 Whoever is an enemy to Jibril (Gabriel) (let him die in his fury), for indeed he has brought it (this Qur'an) down to your heart).

Anas bin Malik said, "When `Abdullah bin Salam heard of the arrival of the Prophet in Al-Madinah, he was working on his land. He came to the Prophet and said, `I am going to ask you about three things which nobody knows except a Prophet. What will be the first portent of the Hour What will be the first meal taken by the people of Paradise Why does a child resemble its father, and why does it resemble its maternal uncle' Allah's Messenger said, (Jibril has just told me the answers.) `Abdullah said, `He (i.e. Jibril), among all the angels, is the enemy of the Jews.' Allah's Messenger recited the Ayah,
Whoever is an enemy to Jibril (Gabriel) (let him die in his fury), for indeed he has brought it (this Qur'an) down to your heart).

Allah's Messenger then said, (The first portent of the Hour will be a fire that will bring together the people from the east to the west; the first meal of the people of Paradise will be the caudate lobe of the liver of fish. As for the child resembling his parents: If a man has sexual intercourse with his wife and his discharge is first, the child will resemble the father. If the woman has a discharge first, the child will resemble her side of the family.) On that `Abdullah bin Salam said, `I testify that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and you are the Messenger of Allah.'

`Abdullah bin Salam further said, `O Allah's Messenger! The Jews are liars, and if they should come to know about my conversion to Islam before you ask them (about me), they will tell a lie about me.' The Jews came to Allah's Messenger , and `Abdullah went inside the house. Allah's Messenger asked (the Jews), (`What kind of man is `Abdullah bin Salam') They replied, `He is the best among us, the son of the best among us, our master and the son of our master.' Allah's Messenger said, (What do you think if he would embrace Islam) The Jews said, `May Allah save him from it.' Then `Abdullah bin Salam came out in front of them saying, `I testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.' Thereupon they said, `He is the evilest among us, and the son of the evilest among us.' And they continued talking badly about him. Ibn Salam said, `This is what I feared, O Messenger of Allah!.''' Only Al-Bukhari recorded this Hadith with this chain of narration.
Al-Bukhari and Muslim recorded this Hadith from Anas using another chain of narration.

Quote:
The second:

Thanks.
this is the answer from prespective of muslims

Paran in the Bible is Mecca today - See the Archeological discoveries that prove Mount Sinai is in Saudi Arabia.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-09-2010 at 10:06 AM..

Old 12-09-2010, 12:38 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
I have never heard of Abraham having anything to do with the Kaaba. This could possibly be on account of the fact that he was dead several centuries before there was any such thing as a Kaaba...or Islam, for that matter.

I'll tell you as a Jew that whatever claims Islam made for Abraham are theirs, not ours.

P.S. I also think that despite the request at the beginning of this thread, you're going to have a very difficult time confining responses to Jews and Moslems. I have a strange suspicion that others will join the party, whether or not they were invited.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
"When `Abdullah bin Salam heard of the arrival of the Prophet in Al-Madinah, he was working on his land. He came to the Prophet and said, `I am going to ask you about three things which nobody knows except a Prophet.
Hi elwill,
Abdullah bin Salam said these three things nobody knows except a Prophet. But how did he know them, if he read or heard about them, then these information was available to everybody.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
P.S. I also think that despite the request at the beginning of this thread, you're going to have a very difficult time confining responses to Jews and Moslems. I have a strange suspicion that others will join the party, whether or not they were invited.
As you say, welcome everybody.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Archangel Gabriel

Politics of the Kaaba in Mecca: How did Muhmmad Use the Kaaba to Promote Islam?

You could always find answers to your questions by reading a book about Judaism and Islam.
Hi Jazzmon, I read the links, and thanks for your advice.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:15 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.E.O View Post
Hi elwill,
Abdullah bin Salam said these three things nobody knows except a Prophet. But how did he know them, if he read or heard about them, then these information was available to everybody.
the context of this statment refer to prophethood of mohammed (pbuh) , he was telling him if he have the correct answer then it will be proof for him that he isn't liar about his prophethood

Abdullah ibn Salam was a jewish rabbi in Yathrib who was widely respected and honoured by the people of the city even by those who were not Jewish. For a fixed period each day, he would worship, teach and preach in the temple. Thereafter he would devote himself to the study of the Torah

i think that when he asked the prophet about those questions , he knew that it isn't popular knowledge

Old 12-10-2010, 07:21 AM

yes, I see.
Thanks.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:25 PM

439 posts, read 556,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom;16939602[COLOR=navy
The second:[/color]

Christians also don't believe this. It has about as much proof as the Qur'an does. None............Muhammad used the story of the Kaaba to promote his new religion.

There is no reference to the Kaaba in ancient Jews texts and these Muslim traditions are likely just an attempt to establish a more ancient pedigree for Islam — perhaps in part to help Muhammad convert the Jews, which ultimately failed anyway.
Politics of the Kaaba in Mecca: How did Muhmmad Use the Kaaba to Promote Islam?

Thanks.

O People of the Scripture! Why will ye argue about Abraham, when the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed till after him? Have ye then no sense? The Noble Quran 3:65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I have never heard of Abraham having anything to do with the Kaaba. This could possibly be on account of the fact that he was dead several centuries before there was any such thing as a Kaaba...or Islam, for that matter.

I'll tell you as a Jew that whatever claims Islam made for Abraham are theirs, not ours.

Lo! ye are those who argue about that whereof ye have some knowledge: Why then argue ye concerning that whereof ye have no knowledge? Allah knoweth. Ye know not.

Abraham was not a Jew, nor yet a Christian; but he was an upright man who had surrendered (to Allah), and he was not of the idolaters.

Lo! those of mankind who have the best claim to Abraham are those who followed him, and this Prophet and those who believe (with him); and Allah is the Protecting Guardian of the believers. The Noble Quran 3:66-68
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality