Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 11:32 PM

694 posts, read 747,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
I'd have to dig around for statistics, but IIRC the rate of new cases in the gay community is plummeting, while in the heterosexual community it is rising. I will see if I can get the time today to go find the study I'm thinking about.

(Oh, and the term 'sodomy' covers more than just...backdoor action, so that's a bit of a misrepresentation to say all of it is high-risk)

Edit: Yes I know that most people don't still think it's god's punishment, but there are some even on these boards here who still do. They're here, they're biased, and they're who this OP was directed at.
It is reasonable to think that. Most if not all of the main religions say homosexuallity is a sin and they are the ones most notiably effected by it. I, myself, don't think it is necessarily a curse from God. It is, I think, more of a consequence of the action. If many people are walking along the edge of the top of a building and I say it is unsafe to do that and tell them not to do it, and after a while many start losing their balance and fall to injury or death, I did not cause it to occur. The injury or death is just the consequence of the action, about which they had already been warned.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

Old 12-21-2010, 06:51 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,713,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
If you think God is imaginary, why are you in the discussion? For you, their can't be a discussion.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
For the same reason I started the discussion. People who think their imaginary creator is real are causing problems for other people, for no other reason than to fee superior and better than the ones they are harrassing. Would you sit back without protest and watch a bully hurt a friend or a family member of yours?

Well, the human race is my family, and some members of my family are gay. Stupid people are doing things to hurt my family. I have to speak up and point it out wherever I can in hopes of getting it to stop, or else I'm just part of the problem.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:17 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,597,507 times
Quote:
It is reasonable to think that. Most if not all of the main religions say homosexuallity is a sin and they are the ones most notiably effected by it.
Not all main religions say homosexuality is a sin.

Christian denominations where homosexuality is not an issue include:

Metropolitan Community Churches
United Church of Christ

Non-Christian

Unitarian Universality Church

There are other smaller one's as well.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:20 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,954,015 times
Quote:
For the same reason I started the discussion. People who think their imaginary creator is real are causing problems for other people, for no other reason than to fee superior and better than the ones they are harrassing. Would you sit back without protest and watch a bully hurt a friend or a family member of yours?

Well, the human race is my family, and some members of my family are gay. Stupid people are doing things to hurt my family. I have to speak up and point it out wherever I can in hopes of getting it to stop, or else I'm just part of the problem.
the human race is your family but yet you hate anyone who doesnt believe like you so what then? you hate your family members who disagree with you and only love the ones who do agree?

Old 12-21-2010, 10:56 AM

13,137 posts, read 22,893,290 times
Quote:
I thought Richard Simmons was god's punishment to the world for homosexuality.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
the human race is your family but yet you hate anyone who doesnt believe like you so what then? you hate your family members who disagree with you and only love the ones who do agree?
Really? Show me a post in which I've ever stated I hate someone. Voicing my opinions does not equal hating the person with whom I disagree, cupcake. I hate bigotry, I hate oppression, I hate starvation, I hate lies, I hate poverty and racism and homophobia and ignorance, but I don't hate anyone here. Not even the most blind ones among you.

Though, I do admit coming close to hatred in regard to pedophiles.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:14 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,265,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
Mercury Cougar didn't bring hate into it. You did. She said nothing about hating family members who disagree. You did.
I think it is more about educating people, trying to be the voice of reason, teaching people to be compassionate and tolerant - these things will help all the family members to get along better and to learn to love each other. When someone is a bully- you don't hate them but you don't just sit back and not do anything either. You protect the victims, you stand up for them, and you try to teach the bully the error of their ways.
There was no mention of hate at all in her post.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I thought Richard Simmons was god's punishment to the world for homosexuality.
He makes me feel sad. He could do a lot of good if he came out of the closet.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:31 AM

694 posts, read 747,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Not all main religions say homosexuality is a sin.

Christian denominations where homosexuality is not an issue include:

Metropolitan Community Churches
United Church of Christ

Non-Christian

Unitarian Universality Church

There are other smaller one's as well.
Cor. 6:9 and Lev. 18:22 disagree. I am not shaking my finger at you; just responding.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:57 AM

16,292 posts, read 28,615,865 times
Quote:
If you think God is imaginary, why are you in the discussion? For you, their can't be a discussion.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
You really in the land of denial ain't ya We are all in the discussion because the hatred exhibited by those that believe in the fairy tale god is a cancer in our society.

I know you have nothing but hatred, thus your only retort is to demand silence from the voice of reason, pathetic and desperate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality