Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The great masturbation poll
I'm atheist and heck yeah, I masturbate, I believe in nothing, so what gives! This feels good and life is good. 27 64.29%
I'm Christian and well.... I do masturbate, come on, we all make mistakes and God will always forgive us. It may not be a sin after all. 3 7.14%
I'm christian and well.... I do masturbate, God will always forgive us. It may be a sin, but I do other good things for a trade-off. 1 2.38%
I'm Christian and heck no, I don't. It's a sin and the Lord will evaporate it if the reservoirs accumulate them for Urinary System's sake. 2 4.76%
I'm non-Christian, but religious, and I do masturbate. 8 19.05%
I'm not-Christian, but religious, and I don't masturbate. 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 11:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Well this makes perfectly understandable sense. ^

I believe most people (aside from asexual people) would prefer the company of another person...

Hmm.

So what's worse- Premarital sex or masturbation?
They are both alright in my book. Although, masterbation is definitely safer!

Old 12-21-2010, 02:06 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
In Leviticus 15:16-17 we read, "And if any man's seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even. And every garment, and every skin, whereon is the seed of copulation, shall be washed with water, and be unclean until the even."

It just says to take a bath after you do it if you are a man. If you are a woman, you don't even have to bathe. There is no punishment, and there is no sin. You will just be dirty looking and people might look at you funny, and some might even know your secret. But you will be clean again soon enough.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:56 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioanKid View Post
Hmm, so an atheist can't not masturbate?

Anyway, I voted for the second choice. I might as well admit it. Anonymous my foot! (Oh, the puns that will ensue in this thread.)
Man, you and I are two of the only four theists that have voted.

Atheists seems to be running away with the poll. Is that why in real offline life, I get along better with atheists and have a ton of laughs? Fellow catholics have always called me immature for making jokes about the Pope, the various hoopla they carry out in church and the like. All pray, no humor.

Theists, enjoy masturbation in secrecy at least

Old 12-21-2010, 07:18 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
I think a lot of the problem with admitting it is the concern that other people will think maybe you're the only partner you can get

Old 12-21-2010, 07:42 AM

661 posts, read 1,183,601 times
I belonged to a religion (Jehovah's Witness) who believed it was wrong to masturbate. They also believed that sex before marriage was a cardinal sin. My teenage years were filled with guilt because as a hormone filled, testosterone fueled young man I 'struggled' with the habit and my desire to be approved of by God.

So, hey, I got married at the age of 21 to a girl of 19 and believed my problems were over, except I got married to someone who never cared for sex, and so there were many times when I resorted to masturbation to take away the hurt and the resentment I felt for her....even though it was not really her fault. I did love her, but eventually the fire died and after 26 years of marriage we called it a day. She is a good person, we were just not compatible.

I gave up feeling guilty about the masturbation thing in my 20's and decided if God was going to destroy me for taking the only course I knew other than adultery (which was a worse sin) to keep me sane, then so be it. That God, who supposedly gave me those feelings in the first place was not worth it if He couldnt meet me halfway and be understanding of my situation.

In my mid 40's I finally saw the light and got the God-monkey off my back. Freedom is so good! (And so is masturbation)

Old 12-21-2010, 07:50 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
There's an old expression that actually has a lot to do with the subject under consideration:

Different strokes for different folks!

Old 12-21-2010, 08:10 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Can you imagine trying to fertilize every seed, in this economy? The Bible never considered modern day inflation. Masturbation actually helps people deal with inflation.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:47 AM

727 posts, read 540,039 times
I have not heard apes or other animals which do it have had to suffer because of it so why should human? If dogs/apes/what ever cannot undestand things like gods and they masturbate without it is "sin" why humans have done things so hard for themselves? I am atheist/pagan/what ever.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:17 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asexualgirl View Post
I have not heard apes or other animals which do it have had to suffer because of it so why should human? If dogs/apes/what ever cannot undestand things like gods and they masturbate without it is "sin" why humans have done things so hard for themselves? I am atheist/pagan/what ever.
Sin is man made.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:07 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
99% of men masturbate monthly. 57% do so daily.

The notion it is a sin is silly and archaic. It will also lead to many to lie about the behavior as it is really nobody's business how they please themselves..

Women have the luxury to not showing signs like a man (not all) some can do so as easily as crossing their legs tightly. I suspect the rate women do is is much lower than men but 30-50% / month would not surprise me... assuming they are orgasmic to begin with.

The flaw in this poll is that it infers there is something sinful to the act if you are a Christian, as that is the only choice... What about I do and it isn't a sin nor do I need forgiveness as It is natural and something else animals do when sex isn't around....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality