Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 04:52 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,473,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Only people have souls, animals don't need them because they cannot ask Jesus to become their Savior. But this does not mean that our pets won't be in Heaven. No one really knows for sure about that.

So did the people before Jesus not have souls? Just curious....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 05:48 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,344,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eufo View Post
Ok, I've heard this before that animals do not have souls (according to Christianity anyway). But why is this?

Does sentience have anything to do with it?

Sometimes it feels like a dog really is man's best friend when they come lick your face after you've had a rough day. They do seem to react to moods and also it seems like they have the ability to "sense" bad people. Or am I reading too much into it?
Animals are very nice and those of us who have pets can appreciate all their qualities and everything it is that they bring to our lives. GOD created animimals and "it was good", but HE distinguished man from animals. Human life is above animal life. An animal cannot possess the unique and specific quality that GOD designated soley to mankind. Therefore, a dog cannot be human no matter what emotional attachment we have to our pets. In Genesis 1:26 GOD said "Let us make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion..." GOD created man (male and female) in HIS own image. HE reserved this privilege for man alone. Man is body Spirit and soul, but the animals are not because GOD the "CREATOR" of all... did not make the animals in HIS image or likness.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:07 PM

356 posts, read 1,130,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
So did the people before Jesus not have souls? Just curious....
Very interesting ...... I am looking for the responses. I am curious too.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:07 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,643,187 times
sun queen wrote:
Quote:
Man is body Spirit and soul, but the animals are not because GOD the "CREATOR" of all... did not make the animals in HIS image or likness.
That's a relief. The thought of God creating a field mouse in his image is truly frightening!

Old 07-14-2007, 11:44 PM

668 posts, read 683,686 times
They all have souls...

Except for cats.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:45 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,914,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebek View Post
They all have souls...

Except for cats.
Exactly!!!! I agree! Ok I'm kidding...sort of!

Old 07-14-2007, 11:52 PM

668 posts, read 683,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
Exactly!!!! I agree! Ok I'm kidding...sort of!

No your not. Cats are Cats. And they always will be Cats.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:51 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,344,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
sun queen wrote:

That's a relief. The thought of God creating a field mouse in his image is truly frightening!
Hey I think there maybe hope for u yet...stranger things have happened

Old 12-02-2007, 05:58 PM

11 posts, read 22,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
I really don't know about souls. I have never heard a good explanation that describes one that suits everyone. I guess that we had better ask God if they have one, and if He says that they don't, maybe someone will ask Him why not.

He made them. It's not for me to say what He did or did not do to make them the wonderful, compassionate friends that they are.
I personally do not think they have souls but i am not sure. When Jesus healed a demon-possessed man the demons asked if they could go into the sheep and he said yes. In the way the books say it, it seems like he didn't hesitate to let them go into the sheep. That makes me think that because Jesus knew that they have no souls (i'm not sure that they do i'm just saying) that they would not have the chance to go to hell. I also think they will go to heaven though and not just disapear because in Revalations it says that Jesus is riding on White horses, i don't know if this is in a figurative sense or literale but i think that it was meant in literal terms. Also Jesus probablly would not have let the sheep die if he knew they would just disapear he probablly knew that they would be a lot happier in heaven with God.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:29 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,446,753 times
Imho animals have souls!! they are just not as developed as ours that can raise and look for God, but they'll slowly get there.

Boooooom!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality