Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 07:10 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,981,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The God I believe in calls himself " I Am", I think one of the things he meant by that is that he is God, and nobodyelse. And he is not based on human assumption, he is based on himself, his Power and his ways and Means. I draw my conclusions about God from my Consciousness, From Biblical Archaeology, from science, from the bible, from learning, from common sense and from my 5 senses and those things which influence my senses.

Peace.

And when the Old Testament tells us that many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake to everlasting life, yet others will awake to disgrace and everlasting contempt. What does that mean to you?

Old 12-29-2010, 07:20 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,599,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And when the Old Testament tells us that many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake to everlasting life, yet others will awake to disgrace and everlasting contempt. What does that mean to you?

It means they died in that condition, they were already disgraced and living in contempt before they died, when Ressurected, the Ressurection itself didnot cause that condition, it was a precondition.

I consider Rom. 5:18 a precondition that will Justify those of us who have and will die in that condition. It states that Through Jesus sacrifice, that all humans are Justified. That sinful condition will always be defined as a sinful one, no manner when you look at it in eternity, or remember its contempment, conversely, Jesus sacrifice and its benefits to all those in contempt, will always justify them and they are eternally covered.

Peace.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:19 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,202,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I personally have had encounters with God, and demons. Many other Christians and non christians have experience demon attacks as well. All of these experiences are usually fully ignored by non believers. Only becasue it is a reality they refuse to consider.

Is it possible it was something hidden within your own mind attacking you?

Old 12-29-2010, 11:40 PM

33,575 posts, read 37,205,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34
I personally have had encounters with God, and demons. Many other Christians and non christians have experience demon attacks as well. All of these experiences are usually fully ignored by non believers. Only becasue it is a reality they refuse to consider.
Actually these "demon attacks" as you call them are not ignored by most people. Most people seek for and get help for mental a condition such as this.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:41 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,565,313 times
Quote:
It tells us that if a human is thrown into this fire in their flesh, the punishment must be temporary, because they still have teeth and still can cry. In Rev. 21:4 a time will come when God has promised to " Wipe away EVERY tear", and there will NO LONGER be death, Mourning, crying or Pain, all of which must exist in this assumed eternal hell.

Now crossreference that with Matt. 24:21 where Jesus calls the " Great Tribulation" a horror that this world has never seen before, and will never see anything like it again. If eternal hell suffering were true, then it would be far greater than this tribulation and Jesus couldnot have stated this kind of suffering willnot occur again.

Peace.
You nailed the whole thing. There's so much illogical BS in the 2000 year old Jewish fables that anyone who had not been raised to believe it and had a modicum of common sense would slough it off and go on their way. I sure tied up the first 60 years of my life in an unnecessary quest thanks to my childhood teachings.

Who in their right mind can readily accept concepts of virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, raising from the dead on a whim, feeding 6000 or 8000 with two fish and five loaves then gathering leftovers, being slowly bled to death and showing up healthy two days later, etc?

Old 12-30-2010, 06:02 AM

1,220 posts, read 989,135 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
You nailed the whole thing. There's so much illogical BS in the 2000 year old Jewish fables that anyone who had not been raised to believe it and had a modicum of common sense would slough it off and go on their way. I sure tied up the first 60 years of my life in an unnecessary quest thanks to my childhood teachings.

Who in their right mind can readily accept concepts of virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, raising from the dead on a whim, feeding 6000 or 8000 with two fish and five loaves then gathering leftovers, being slowly bled to death and showing up healthy two days later, etc?
Shalom...Amen we tell you, Yeshua did not bleed to death...being crucified He willingly gave up His Spirit so that you might have life. Amen. Too bad about the first 60 years of your life...ours are just beginning every day. The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you joy...

Old 12-30-2010, 06:18 AM

Okay, now I want to go into the " First Holy Conversation between God and Christ when they planned eternal hell suffering", because these two beings don't just do things without planning. It usually goes like this: the Father makes the Plan, and Jesus sees that it gets done. Now I have said before that all that God does, if you closely consider it, study it, will square with all the fruits of his Spirit. This is HOW we can know if its Gods doings or not! The fruits of the Spirit are the signiture of God. And eternal hell suffering in no manner lines up with the fruits of the Spirit, nor could a torturing hell produce any fruits of the Spirit, it is punishment that only produces pain, no repentance, no change in human nature, no nothing!

I am saying to you that if we see ANYTHING in human history, or biblical history, that does not produce repentance, change, or will ultimately benefit humanity, then God had nothing to do with it. And there are few things that God had nothing to do with, but those things exist, like this" Sick
Concept of eternal hell fire."

Anyhow, I like " Getting into peoples head" over this, so I will often use imagined things, to get them thinking, and transfer that thinking into understanding. IF God designed eternal hell suffering, he probally had a conversation about it, a Planning conversation, with Christ, and possibily all the great 24 Elders on Gods Throne. Lets take a peak at that conversation, as they planned the eternal torment of unbelieving humans, and I will have to use some " Hell scriptures" to assist in this examination.

Peace.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:19 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,565,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Shalom...Amen we tell you, Yeshua did not bleed to death...being crucified He willingly gave up His Spirit so that you might have life. Amen. Too bad about the first 60 years of your life...ours are just beginning every day. The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you joy...
Yatada yatada Yatada.

I wish you the very best LUCK possible. Life is luck and not by devine anything. There is no such thing as Holy and there is more than likely no hereafter. One thing for sure...if there is we will all endure or enjoy it. Not just a bunch of lucky folks who happened to be born at the right time in the right place.

If you had been born in the Orient you would more than likely be a Buddhist...did that ever occur to you?

"Generally Buddhism does not believe in a personal God or a divine being, it does not have worship, praying to, or praising of a divine being (although some sects do.) It offers no form of redemption, forgiveness, no heavenly hope, or a final judgment to those practicing its system. Buddhism is a moral philosophy, an ethical way to live for the here and now of this world to gain the ultimate state. It has more in common with humanism and atheism than its original religion Hinduism it separated from. But Buddhism is not atheism just because they don’t believe in a personal God. It is more like pantheism, there is a impersonal force the void which is the ultimate.
There are 327 million Buddhists worldwide (313,114,000 in Asia) here in Hawaii the major Japanese, Korean population are Some type of Buddhist. There are numerous offshoots but there are two major branches."

Last edited by Melvin.George; 12-30-2010 at 07:38 AM..

Old 12-30-2010, 09:26 AM

A Conversation between God and Christ must be tempered by scripture, even in our Imagination. In Deut. 32:22;" For a fire is kindled in my anger , and burns to the lowest part of Hell ( Sheol- the Netherworld, or the Darkness), and consumes the earth with its yield, and sets on fire the fountians of the mountians." The bible mentions Fire a lot, no doubt there, and Gods anger can be associated with some of that Fire. And can be very destructive.

In Nahum 1:3 it states that God is " Slow to anger", but willnot leave the quilty unpunished." In Jer. 23:20 it states that Gods anger willnot turn back until he has accomplished his purpose. In Micah 7:18 it states that God does not stay angry forever, but delights in his Love.

So this idea of God being angry forever is just not true, and he certainly wouldnot plan on his anger having everlasting results.

And I want to go into a Conversation with God.

Peace.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:02 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,207,423 times
Quote:
A Conversation between God and Christ must be tempered by scripture, even in our Imagination. In Deut. 32:22;" For a fire is kindled in my anger , and burns to the lowest part of Hell ( Sheol- the Netherworld, or the Darkness), and consumes the earth with its yield, and sets on fire the fountians of the mountians." The bible mentions Fire a lot, no doubt there, and Gods anger can be associated with some of that Fire. And can be very destructive.

In Nahum 1:3 it states that God is " Slow to anger", but willnot leave the quilty unpunished." In Jer. 23:20 it states that Gods anger willnot turn back until he has accomplished his purpose. In Micah 7:18 it states that God does not stay angry forever, but delights in his Love.

So this idea of God being angry forever is just not true, and he certainly wouldnot plan on his anger having everlasting results.

And I want to go into a Conversation with God.

Peace.
You seem to be speculating too much. That god is angry, but can't help himself to be anything but angry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality