Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 06:46 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Oh come on, you can't deny how great 3 ply ultra plus toilet paper feels on your butt

Wow, you must be rich. Mine is only 2 ply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 06:56 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
No. Those are only material things that make us greater. It is Jesus is who makes America truly great!.
Well that comment shows where the really shallow end of the pool can be found.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:09 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,554 times
I'm reminded of the lyrics of one of the songs by The Doors.
"don't you love her madly, want to be her daddy...."

Old 03-21-2011, 07:26 PM

35 posts, read 53,786 times
So for you who question, I believe we are created in the image and likeness of God... it is us as a collective consciousness that is kept alive via ritual and symbolism to remember that our true lives are composed of the trinity: mind, body, and spirit. From this standpoint it is up to us to remember that we are one and as one consciousness we are to acheive the God in us. For those moments when we come together to pray, worship and celebrate one ritual, one prayer or one symbol, we share who we are thus becoming part of the greater whole, one greater than ourselves or the you as a single life force. This to me is the essence of why we pray together as one, to feel the power and give reverence in finding the energy and wisdom when we do cumulatively come together no matter the means, the symbol or the rituals as they are performed.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:09 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Oh come on, you can't deny how great 3 ply ultra plus toilet paper feels on your butt
Good point my brother.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:02 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
According to your previous post your deity only helps those that believe in them, but abandons those that don't. While I think your god belief is false, your claim insinuates that your deity is rather petty, sadistic and has a rather large ego problem. I'm also not blaming any god. Gods are imaginary.
agnostic solider........sorry if you took my post that way. If June had not deleted it, I could have seen why you and others took it this way.

Some where way back someone blamed God and asked why He would do this. I don't have an answer, but I believe that we are just bodies and God will do with us what HE will.

There was a place in Japan, with a very small Christian community and it was not harmed. It has had earthquakes and is on the same fault line. Many hiostoricial Christian artifacts are there.

Is it so wrong to comment that God did save HIS people?? Is this against CD rules?
From what I know the people in Japan are mostly, do you want to guess.....

atheist, so what is there to blame....nature.

People need to lighten up on here and quit thinking every time a Christian defends God, that we are sending others to Hell.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:32 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

There was a place in Japan, with a very small Christian community and it was not harmed. It has had earthquakes and is on the same fault line. Many hiostoricial Christian artifacts are there.
Why would your god choose to protect this little community? I googled but found nothing to determine the exact location. Most of the destruction was due to the tsunami and not the earthquake itself.

From the original Pangea, the continents are still moving, the Pacific ocean is still a huge void. As the Americas move west and East Asia/Russia moves east, there are going to be earthquakes as the plates are subducting. One plate moves under the other. In time volcanic activity may occur and either destroy existing or create new land much like Hawaii.

No gods are involved.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:30 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrnicolas84 View Post
No. I don't believe in the lizard people or David icke's crapola. If you look at the pyramids and Egyptian hieroglyphic, the extinction of the Neanderthal and the fast evolution of Homo sapiens, the advanced civilization of the Sumerian, etc. You have to wonder if someone didn't visit Earth during the infancy of the homo species.
Yes. It does make one wonder. But it is curious to me that a concept such as lizard people is crap to some while some other extra terrestrial beings, heaven knows what they might be, aren't.

If something is beyond my true comprehension, I don't poo poo it or limit it. Why would I? Conversely, I don't just accept it either. That is one of the mysteries of life I suppose.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:34 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Why would your god choose to protect this little community? I googled but found nothing to determine the exact location. Most of the destruction was due to the tsunami and not the earthquake itself.

From the original Pangea, the continents are still moving, the Pacific ocean is still a huge void. As the Americas move west and East Asia/Russia moves east, there are going to be earthquakes as the plates are subducting. One plate moves under the other. In time volcanic activity may occur and either destroy existing or create new land much like Hawaii.

No gods are involved.
Maybe so...maybe not. The mystery is alive and well.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:19 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post

No gods are involved.
Sorry, I can't answer you it's inappropriate, (it already got deleted once) for me to talk about God, but you carry on, it's fine to talk about HIS non-existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality