Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 03:29 AM

3,223 posts, read 10,101,803 times

Advertisements

My idea of Heaven/Paradise is to be able to do and have much more than everything my heart desires, build close relationships with everyone and do all kinds of things with them, always discover lots of great music and to be in the Presence of our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit (who I consider to be God)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 04:12 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
My idea of heaven/paradise is one without any christians; heaven/paradise should not be contaminated by smugly self-righteous people that hate. Also, the leader (god) should be one who actually is just, kind, and loving, more than mere lip service.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:25 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,974 times
My idea of heaven is where bacon and fried stuff are good for you.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:58 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
My idea of Heaven/Paradise is to be able to do and have much more than everything my heart desires, build close relationships with everyone and do all kinds of things with them, always discover lots of great music
Why wait, the part I left you can do now, in fact it is the only chance you are going to have. It just may take a little effort on your part though.

I would err on caution on doing all kinds of things with everyone, just make sure you have their consent ok

Old 03-15-2011, 04:16 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,101,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Why wait, the part I left you can do now, in fact it is the only chance you are going to have. It just may take a little effort on your part though.

I would err on caution on doing all kinds of things with everyone, just make sure you have their consent ok
I don't always have a lot of money to spend and I am on a limited budget, I do believe that if we live our lives for Him and to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour and the Holy Spirit to help guide you on the right path God will bless you with anything and everything you desire.

I do believe that Heaven is gonna be a wonderful place but I would like to live for a very long time before it's time for me to leave this world

Old 03-15-2011, 04:24 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
My idea of heaven/paradise is one without any christians; heaven/paradise should not be contaminated by smugly self-righteous people that hate. Also, the leader (god) should be one who actually is just, kind, and loving, more than mere lip service.
I ditto this and need to add an eternities supply of Sam Adams Irish Red.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:03 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,902 times
My idea of paradise is an Earth devoid of all religion.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:16 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
I have no idea what paradise would look like.

"I can picture a world without hate, a world without war. And I can picture us attacking that world because they would never expect it"
Jack Handey

Old 03-15-2011, 05:24 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
My idea of heaven/paradise is one without any christians.
My idea of heaven is one without prejudice -- religious, ethnic, racial, sexual, etc.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
When thinking about "heaven" - I usually get a headache. First of all - I don't really want to exist forever. I'm perfectly happy with this one lifetime. Secondly - when I was younger - it used to freak me out that if there was a heaven - we would be the same age in heaven as we were when we died. So, if I die when I'm in my 80's - I would be older than my father because he died at 54. Also - I don't think I'd really want to be in my 80's forever. So, say we were all at our ideal age. Well - that would kind of creep me out to see my Dad in his 20's. Third - Maybe we are ageless and don't have "bodies." Well, how would we recognize each other? Also - what if I'm really close with one person but I don't like the person that they are close with - do I have to see them for eternity, too?
Needless to say - thinking about this stuff always gives me a headache.

What I'd really like would be to have a book waiting for me when I die - it would be fillled with the answers to all my unanswered questions. It would be in chronological order. So, I could finally find out if Jacob had a crush on me in 4th grade, who really was the Zodiac murderer, who killed JFK, etc. Then maybe - I'd like the best meal of my entire life. Then I'd like to lie down with my husband, my dog, and my future children (I don't have any yet) at an age that I specify - and fall asleep forever.
I know this is imaginary - but this would be my idea of heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality