Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 10:50 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,538 times

Advertisements

And God dwells in the heavens which circle the earth.

Isa 40:22 [It is] he that sitteth/ישב yashab [in/upon] the circle/circuit of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Biblically speaking; the Circle/circuit of the earth is the heavens, which go round the earth , and in the circuit of the heavens, the heavenly bodies have their own circuits.

This is so from the beginning of creation, when God made the night, and the day, evening and morning, and then stretched out the heavens from the created earth, which was still "water", on day 2, and He stretched out the heavens between the divided waters of the created earth.
This is the "circuit" of the earth.

Psa 2:4 He that sitteth/ישב yashab in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

God has a created dwelling place in His created heavens, and that dwelling place is where His throne of Glory is.....

And that dwelling place, which is His "temple" is also clearly revealed in the Scriptures.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:18 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,920,995 times
Default Yes, it's time once again for.....The YSM Comedy Show!!!!!!

Aaaaaannnnnddddddd here is it again! Let's put our hands together for YSM; she's here all week!

Episode #13: Another clear demo of The Irrational Spouting the Impossible!

Of course, if this were true, none of those lunar landings, fly-bys of our measured far-outer solar system meteorites and asteroids, the Mars Explorer Lander trips, the Voyager trip out past Pluto, and the Hubble would have worked. They all would have just faded away into limitless space, or come crashing back given the necessary gravitational-mass the earth would have to have to control the sun and all the other planets that actually orbit it.

Unless... (sorry.... wayyyhhhhttttttt a minute while I clear the coffee out of my nose....)...

.... (where was I? Oh yeah...) ....unless YSM is going to assure us the earth's grav-mass is far greater than the sun's [which would be necessary for it to capture all the planets in our immediate solar system! FurShur!]

Next, you're going to tell me the earth has the gravitational influence to orbit all the other independent star systems from 3+ light years all the way out to 100+million light years away. In which case we'll all be crushed by our own weight just trying to stand up here.

Just one request from the appreciative audience, YSM: could you please write out the basic Newtonian equation for gravity and mass. You know, the one we engineers and scientists have used for several hundred years to accurately describe the motions of various heavenly bodies, as well as the interactions of such things as a billiard ball and your pool cue, or the antics of your car when it flies off a cliff? Or, the tides for that matter?

Just soz we know you aren't simply blowing smoke up our skirts with pathologically deficient scientific literacy? Yes? No?

Well, OK: I needed a good laugh. It remains a sad statement that there are those alive in the 21st century, in the so-called enlightened Western world, who actually and probably attended a US high school no less, who are so defensive of such wildly silly and utterly non-scientific tripe that they cannot see the truth for the spiritual fog that swirls through their Christianity-addled minds.

All in defence of an ancient book written for purely spiritual and metaphorical purposes but now hijacked and represented as absolute literal truth by mis-interpreting it's oft-mis-translated or very ambiguous words.

'T's OK. Yah gotta luvitt, huh? We all need a bit'o-humor every now and then, eh YSM? Good to see you're still making this stuff up!

Old 03-19-2011, 11:51 AM

Hello Rifleman,
The post's subject is about the language of the Bible and what it states about these things, which you do not believe in, but there are some here who claim to believe the Bible, and yet are confused about what the Word of God tells us about His creation; and those ones I would like to tweak the thoughts of, so as to hopefully get them into searching out the Word for themselves and seeing exactly what God "has truly said" about His creation, that they have been blinded to seek out, because of the deluge of lies in the "science so called" disinformation societies of the world.

As to making up anything, I leave that to you, as I am only dealing with what the Word of God "has really said", from the beginning, which never changes.

And Robert Sungenis states, with proofs, that NASA launches spacecraft into orbit using geocentric formulas.
And using "whatever" coordinates for launches does not prove what the center is or is not, of the universe. [http://www.geocentrism.com/] -and as I said, this is about what the Bible states about these things, whether or not you agree with it, it is what the Word of God states.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:00 PM

874 posts, read 1,649,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
And God dwells in the heavens which circle the earth.

Isa 40:22 [It is] he that sitteth/ישב yashab [in/upon] the circle/circuit of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Biblically speaking; the Circle/circuit of the earth is the heavens, which go round the earth , and in the circuit of the heavens, the heavenly bodies have their own circuits.

This is so from the beginning of creation, when God made the night, and the day, evening and morning, and then stretched out the heavens from the created earth, which was still "water", on day 2, and He stretched out the heavens between the divided waters of the created earth.
This is the "circuit" of the earth.

Psa 2:4 He that sitteth/ישב yashab in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

God has a created dwelling place in His created heavens, and that dwelling place is where His throne of Glory is.....

And that dwelling place, which is His "temple" is also clearly revealed in the Scriptures.
sitteth, stretcheth, spreadeth? Don't like a Bible that translates to modern English? lol

And I doubt anyone knows where Heaven is... you can just figure it out when you die.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
sitteth, stretcheth, spreadeth? Don't like a Bible that translates to modern English? lol

And I doubt anyone knows where Heaven is... you can just figure it out when you die.
I like to use the KJV online and the concordance, as the original Hebrew remains the same no matter who translated it. I am not KJV only, but with translations one gets the bias of the translator and must need go to the original language and keep context to learn the doctrines of creation which translators are not trained in, and may be blinded to, in these areas, by their unbelief in what it says because they accepted what men which negates the Word.

"sitteth" is ישב yashab where one "sits" is where one "dwells".
So God dwells in the circuit of the earth, which is the heavens.
"stretcheth out is נטה natah , and means extending, stretching out, elongating...
The point is that in Genesis 1, God created the earth as water, and called light into being on day 1, making evening and morning =one day, and did not stretch out the heavens from the earth, until day two, by "elongating" them between the divided waters of earth, with half above the heavens. So the heavens are stretched out between earth's divided waters on day 2, and not until day 4 did He prepare and set the sun and moon in the stretched out heavens, below the waters above.
And when He prepared the sun, He made it to govern the light by day that He had brought into being on day 1, and "in the sun, He hath set His tabernacle/dwelling place", and in modern English: "He placed His tabernacle in the created sun". And in the sun He dwells in His tabernacle, and from that tabernacle/dwelling place, "the inhabitants of the earth below are as grasshoppers in His sight"

Gesenius's Lexicon (Help)

Old 03-19-2011, 01:41 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

'T's OK. Yah gotta luvitt, huh? We all need a bit'o-humor every now and then, eh YSM? Good to see you're still making this stuff up!
Ya know man. It is a complete and utter mystery to me how people like YSM manage to survive from day to day whilst being in such a state of mind-boggling ignorance. How the hell do they do it??

Old 03-19-2011, 03:01 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,216,247 times
Hey I finally figured it out. YSM is Palin's spiritual adviser

Old 03-19-2011, 03:15 PM

This is about what the Word of God does state about the created heavens.
You who do not believe in God or in His Word are excused for your willfull ignorance of what that Word does declare.
Others of you may like to inform yourselves about what God "really does say" about this creation, from the beginning, by doing further searches in the Word on the subject matter.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Shouldn't this be on the Christianity forum?

Old 03-19-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Shouldn't this be on the Christianity forum?
Nope. Its the wisdom of God's creation as revealed in the Bible, which comes under religion and philosophy.
The atheists and unbelievers here love to tell [erroneously] what is "in the Bible", without having actually ever learned what is and what is not, "in the Bible" about the creation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality