Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 05:23 PM

8 posts, read 14,659 times

Advertisements

aacccording to the trinity /_\ one cant exist without the other! when jesus was on earth who was incharge of heaven,earth and hell?where was god?why did god sacrifice himself? why wud god even go on the cross and show so much pain on his face? anyway abt jesus: why did jesus die for others sin wen everyone is responsible for there own actions?why does the 1st commandment say God is 1 and 2:there is no othere god,he is alone.(the xtians accepts it )and than xtians belive in the trinity .looks like it is going from monotheism to polytheism to me.also jusus never taught us abt the trinty so who's theory is this?this is a confussion subject for me pls answer with as much sense as u can!thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 07:06 AM

63 posts, read 105,291 times
Dear Zarzy,
There is no such doctrine of a triune God. Jesus never taught his disciples such false doctrine. This is the answer to your questions and to resolve your confusion. Don't be surprised to get an outpouring of contradicting replies after i share the Truth of the Bible with you.
There is ONLY one God and His Name Is Jesus. To redeem man from sin and it's bondage he made and dwelt in a body to offer it as a sacrifice for sin. God is a spirit and a spirit needs a fleshly body to communicate to mankind.
One God
Genesis 1:1,2 Creator and Ruler of all things in heaven and on earth.
Genesis 2:7 Spirit of God enters the body of man and causes it to live. Man is now the living IMAGE of God. He is Not God but has the Attributes of His Cteator.
Genesis3:6,7 Man has now chosen to go his own way in rebelling against the Lord's Commandment. Man has now sinned and is now no longer in Unity(one with God)
Genesis 3:15 God promises to return man back to fellowship(unity) with Him after man's fall through sin. This where the cross becomes needful.

Isaiah 9:6-7 The Lord reminds man of His promise to return him back to the fellowship with Him that man lost through sin. The titles named in this scripture such as Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The prince of peace all describe just who this coming being is. God Almighty creating a fleshly body to dwell in and reveal himself to us that He might deliver us from the hands of Satan.

St. John 1:1-14 is the fulillment of this promise when Jesus was born, matured into manhood and began to preach the Gospel. Meaning God has come to save us. Save us from sin, sickness and diseases and the end results of these sufferings that result in death. Praise be to God. What a wonderful and Mighty God we serve.

St. Mark 1:9-13 Jesus has now recieved the very God that created all things in heaven and in earth into his body just as Adam did. The title of this Spirit is The Holy Ghost. There is only one Holy Ghost and that is God Himself!!

St. Luke 4:1 God now has a body in which to reveal himself to man and to communicate with hin Face to Face.
St. Luke 4:14 To recieve the Holy Ghost is to recieve the original image, power and likeness of God just as Adam and Eve did.

St. John 3: 14-21 Jesus calls man back to him.
St. John 4:24 God is not a man nor has ever been or ever will be a man. We are to be reformed into his image and recieve His rightful control over our life and the many blessings that are a part of it. The best and most important blessing is eternal life!!! Living with Jesus forever.

St. John 5:43 The God given name is JESUS. Every legitimate son carriess his father's name.

2 Chronicles 16:9-God sees all things.
Ecclesiastes 12:13,14 He alone has the power to control this world and all that is in it.
Psalm 139 Describes how God was and is in all places at once. His presence is everywhere!!!

I am certain the above scriptures answered your questions. Pray about it and Study the bible. If you need further help and iam certain you will contact me. I am remembering you in prayer.
Your sister in Christ Jesus
Sister Gloria

Old 01-21-2010, 07:13 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,841,010 times
We can only surmise that whoever it was had a flesh FOR flesh, bones FOR bones marrow and inward Being discoursiveness in one's Identity comparable to ourselves LOOKING OUT.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:23 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,406,043 times
Let me see. If there is no trinity (and of course Hegel is then wrong that trinitarian thought actually makes the rational syllogism {universal-particular-and return to the universal} and that all religions are trinitarian because these are rationally formed up but not developed enough to carry the syllogism through {I imagine Islam has a hit out on him!}-the theology of reason I think he called the study of religion,ummmmmmmm, one might want to read his 3 volumes of the Philosophy of Religion-am I on the philosophy thread here? if not, never mind) then god is not revealed and christianity is not a revealed religion as it used to claim to be but just another hyped up thought experiment (maybe that is why the JWs liked to throw the term "knowledge" around a lot). Religion would have to be pure knowledge but without god being available except by the word of a human (like Islam), and we know how far one can trust any human. The problem of faith enters here as Jesus says he and the father are one (it is a poor mind that rejects the trinity because of the numbers; many singular systems are composed of multiple sub systems-concepts are usually larger than simple common sense or the idea that the bible doesn't use the term therefore it does not exist-that is the work of theology to overcome the contradictions in the reasoning and apply terms to complex ideas-I suppose that is how we got the electric shaver). So if he is only a man he deserved the wrath of the Jews (claiming to be god offended them and was worthy of death-I think we have advanced some nowadays and just assume these guys are nuts and let them panhandle in our nation's capitol to make a living) and today we may want to get him on prozac or something before he starts a cult that the ATF has to burn down. Jesus is the scandal because man and god are each a distinct genus and can not be one and the same, at first look, but then this impossibility would deny the god concept (at least the christian one where with its god all things are possible, and that would include getting hungry and taking a dump if it so wished {this is the scandal in Islam, their god can not get hungry and is shut up in its own space}). I believe that "idiot" Thomas with his confession, would have been different if he understood that the term trinity is not in the bible. The bible teaches the trinity, any thinking half wit can see the concept or the need for some concept like it, in the bible in some form anyways, but that brings one to thought and theology and from what I read and hear nowadays, theology and the bible are of little use to even christians-as my dear departed father always said when ridiculing my know it all-ness, "don't confuse me with facts my mind is made up" (the creation account, for example, and if one takes the time and I know one won't because of all the hubbub of life, its dogmatisms, bias, ideologies, American Idol, that goo between your toes that draws your attention away from the study, a difficult study, that takes too much time). Obviously, if there is a god, and if there is not, there is still the complexity of the christian concept, no thought structure is going to capture its true essence-how could a human mind possess a god in its thoughts. But for some reason the god of the bible seems to desire that how he/she/it has revealed itself is in this complex form and theology's job is to bring that desire of the god into some form of formal thought. But in a world without thought, who cares? Naturally, anyone who can not accept a doctrine of this nature has my support, some things are just hard to believe and may actually be impossible unless the father draws one to the son and is lead into this truth by the spirit-oooooops, there it is again.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:00 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,164,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarzy View Post
aacccording to the trinity /_\ one cant exist without the other! when jesus was on earth who was incharge of heaven,earth and hell?where was god?why did god sacrifice himself? why wud god even go on the cross and show so much pain on his face? anyway abt jesus: why did jesus die for others sin wen everyone is responsible for there own actions?why does the 1st commandment say God is 1 and 2:there is no othere god,he is alone.(the xtians accepts it )and than xtians belive in the trinity .looks like it is going from monotheism to polytheism to me.also jusus never taught us abt the trinty so who's theory is this?this is a confussion subject for me pls answer with as much sense as u can!thanks
When Jesus was on earth... our Heavenly Father was in charge of Heaven and earth and the universe. There is only one God and no other and the closer we are to Him with our soul perceptions, the easier it is to understand this Truth. Our Heavenly Father, his Holy Spirit and Jesus are not one and the same. Jesus was never God and never will be God. This is an error that was written in the Bible by men who didn't understand that Jesus was the Messiah only. Go to your Father... isn't this what Jesus says in the Bible. If he was God, he wouldn't have ever said those words.

Jesus didn't die on the cross to save our sins... that whole premise is pure poppycock. Not even a supernatural act of the highest proportion can this be possible. Jesus was murdered because he wouldn't deny his mission or his Heavenly Father.

The problem here is the Bible's interpretation... when Jesus said... my Father and I are one. They don't understand that it doesn't mean that Jesus is God. It means that Jesus is divine, as God is divine... and it is in his qualities of love, compassion, forgiveness, tolerance, joy and bliss, harmony, etc. Jesus prayed for and received God's Divine Love, which transformed his soul and this is what he taught his followers... that we can do this very same thing. This is the true salvation... when our souls become divine... and this requires an earnest longing to receive God's Divine Love... and this love is transmitted to our souls by the Holy Spirit... which spirit is separate and distinct from our Heavenly Father, but is a part of Him.

No declaration that we believe in Jesus will ever change our soul's condition. And it's very unfortunate that people hold strong to this erroneous belief because, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, after they pass from this life to the next, they will have a rude awakening.

The Teachings of the Bible That Jesus' Blood Washes Away Sin, or That Jesus Died on the Cross for the Salvation of Men, are False (http://tinyurl.com/ygfnu9w - broken link)

Old 01-25-2010, 07:48 AM

Dear Allen,
The Gospel Is simple and does not need history,man or anything else to prop it up or prove it is valid. It proves itself. There is no confusion in or with God. The confusion is IN man. 2 corinthians 11:2

Old 01-25-2010, 07:56 AM

When you can prove to me the bible preaches 3 gods and that it takes 3 gods to rule this universe i'll believe the trinity. You can't explain the trinity or preach it without seeing the error. I use to believe and was taught this demonic doctrine until the Lord opened my eyes. Even a sinner believes and will tell you there is ONE GOd.
I will continue this discussion later on. Gotta get ready for prayer. All the miracles i have recieved came from ONe GOD. The GodHead is Jesus.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:09 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,933,928 times
I don't believe you.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:44 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,640,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Missionary View Post
The GodHead is Jesus.

Hmm. This thread seems more appropriate for the Christianity forum. GodHead?

Old 01-25-2010, 12:42 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,406,043 times
Please, no one address me as "dear", it is very condescending from your seemingly high intellectual point of view-we are not friends, we are not buddies, we are not pen pals. I do not care about you at all and I am sure you care nothing for me. You are not providing a service nor do you expect one from me. The purpose of all this mess in these threads is either self justification from some ignorant point of view or the hopes of turning others to our ignorant positions so we can have company in our ignorance and numbers to justify, as Nietzsche says somewhere, just a bunch of old men patting themselves on the back. No salutation is needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality