Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: IF YOU HAD A WAY TO DONATE, WOULD YOU???
YES 6 54.55%
NO 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:21 AM

128 posts, read 272,310 times

Advertisements

was the best thing that has ever happend to me. so many memories that are just that now, (memories)... cant be nothing more, because no one believe in what we did. just because we did not do service like a "normal church" just because we didnt mind having even the filthiest people in our church. just because it didnt look like a church... that didnt make it not a church.. we praised GOD. we WORSHIPPED GOD. we gave a life to small children who had no life. we brought them happieness. we read the word of GOD to them. we went outside and played, we fed them. we tought them to ride horses and feed cows. we tought them about goats and pigs. and about GODS love and NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS GOD CAN BRING THEM PEACE TO OVERCOME IT ALL.
its not fair. how something so good in my life can be stripped away because the churchs around us refuse to count us in as a church and refuse to donate there time or money in this "rediculous place" im fed up with the world today. just because it may not look like a church doesnt mean its not a church. the worst part is. they were happy we donated to them, yet when we were in need they turned the cheek and did not bother...

how am i to go to a church now? when every time i go i see all these beautiful item and everything looking so perfect. then look around and in everyones eyes i see hatred and hypocrits.not just in one church but in every church.

i have prayed many of times.. and i have peace in my heart about it, but then once i step into one of theses churchs it washes right back over me, because these are the people who brought my church down.

i just dont know what to do.

i really wanna try to get our church back up again but how to i convince these churchs that we are doing it to praise GOD. and its not just a "rediculous place"?? how can we continue a church when the church is filled with people who are in need of money, yet they tith what they can, yet its still not enough to feed the horses, and cows and goats and food. its just not enough.

im so scared,

thank you,
JSOM

this is haley my buddy who i havent seen since our church closed,
this was her second home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 08:29 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,754,465 times
I tried to "google" the place you are talking about, but was redirected to a diff site. IDK much about the place you are talking about to really give an opinion. But if it was doing the Lords work, yea I would donate.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:33 AM

i just need to find people and churches who care enough about GODs word to donate there time or just donate. i was in this church for 3 years, when we moved to edgewater i swore off all churches, because the one i went to in Port orange was my life. then i met my tony and mrs natasha, they brought GOD BACK IN MY LIFE. i just cant loose it again.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:49 AM

im soo scared.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:20 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,101,535 times
JSOM,

Please trust God and don't be afraid. Are there people near you who attended the same church? It doesn't take 100 people to make up a church -- just all of you get together and worship and praise. Some on this board worship at home and so could you! Remember, we, the believers, are the CHURCH.

Perhaps the church you attended never became an "official" church and therefore wasn't recognized as such by the other churches. I've searched and can't find anything on the internet about Redeemer's Farm and Ranch. It's difficult for us to get any information when there's no website. Perhaps the leaders of the organization sold or moved?

I'm sorry you feel that most of our churches are hypocritical. Perhaps they are and that truly is sad. Just please pray for Christians everywhere and that our hearts will be in the right place.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:23 AM

1,587 posts, read 3,914,459 times
Interesting post. One thing you might try is to reduce the number of animals that you have so until you can get more people who can donate. This way your operating costs are low, yet the kids are coming and having fun and learning about God. Animals are not only expensive, but time consuming (speaking from experinece here) and I don't think the kids would care if there was one goat or 10. Just a thought. The doors will open if it is to be.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:51 AM

we can not give out any of the animals.. its a non profit organization. meaning we would have to donate them, also there is only one goat we have a few horses, but we have already made a contract promising that the horse (because we adopted them from abusive homes and many were neglected) have made a contract stating this will be there home until they pass away.

it is a very complicated situation.

the pig, i agree needs to go all it does is root up the ground, but the kids raised it.. and they WILL CARE.

right now redeemers is not in dept. so as long as the money is in the bank they said they will stand there ground. although there isnt much there. these people are practicly running the church with there OWN money. its not FAIR.

they had 12 kids there. and 4 adults, its not a big church, but it has deeply wounded me to see it on paulse just because of money. there was 5 little ones, and because our church aint running, they are not going to church.

it stinks.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
JSOM,

Please trust God and don't be afraid. Are there people near you who attended the same church? It doesn't take 100 people to make up a church -- just all of you get together and worship and praise. Some on this board worship at home and so could you! Remember, we, the believers, are the CHURCH.

Perhaps the church you attended never became an "official" church and therefore wasn't recognized as such by the other churches. I've searched and can't find anything on the internet about Redeemer's Farm and Ranch. It's difficult for us to get any information when there's no website. Perhaps the leaders of the organization sold or moved?

I'm sorry you feel that most of our churches are hypocritical. Perhaps they are and that truly is sad. Just please pray for Christians everywhere and that our hearts will be in the right place.
they didnt move i go out everyday to help take care of the horses, the site is just redirected to his works sight , he does building, and real astate. and as you can see by even his work site on about um, they are amazing people, i will get the site back up soon.. i just want people to take time a reconize that they are making a diffrence in MANY childrens lives with this church. we were not just a church, we were a family. i just feel like this is the last and only thing i can do and maybe thats why i found this site. to motivate someone to help me.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:07 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,545,338 times
It would be so wonderful if one or more of the churches in your area would add your church as a mission they support..Have any of you thought to ask? It sounds like you and the members are serving the Lord. It is shameful how a few religious doctrines can destroy something as simple and pleasing to God as you are trying so hard to keep together..I will pray for you as others here will.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:12 AM

we have tried every thing like i said before i feel this is my last real hope to find some people not in my area who can tith to the churchno one in our area believes what were are doing is good. no bussnesess or anyone, they are all put on our suit put on our dress act like we serve the lord sing a few old songs go home and do what ever we FEEL like doing kind of people. you know how hard it is to even talk to them about our church??? aweful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality