Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 05:01 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Wow! I'm touched guys and girls! I sorta waddled to my computer today and found this thread! I am touched! Honest! Thanks to each of you!

I'm doing OK, though it seems I'll have a challenge or two. I've put my "faith" in the debil science, since it will be they who might well have to go digging about in my body to root out the evil spirits. Damned genetics, huh?

Right about now I think perhaps I might have been better served with being a lifelong Christian since apparently they don't suffer and health issues..................... :-(

I'll look things over here on the R&P and perhaps launch a retort or two, but I'm not going to do any of my usual 8.5 X 11 posts, single spaced and in a tiny font....

Spl thx to Shibumi for coming down and holding my hand, or bottle of bourbon, as it were ("....honest, doc, I didn't sneak it in here to my room! It just magically appeared! Besides, nurse Kratchett seemed to like it just fine too!!")
I sincerely am glad to see your sharp-wit self back Rifleman.

Be well...

Old 04-07-2011, 05:12 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
hahaha good man rifleman!!!!!!!!!gitt the drink into ya pal.we irish know what your talkin about,glad to hear your gonna be postin some simplifid quotes,i might actually get what you mean lol,anyway get back to your bottle,and who knows maybe yur genes are smart enough to grow a few more vital organs,keep ya goin a few hundred years more

Old 04-07-2011, 05:23 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Wow! I'm touched guys and girls! I sorta waddled to my computer today and found this thread! I am touched! Honest! Thanks to each of you!

I'm doing OK, though it seems I'll have a challenge or two. I've put my "faith" in the debil science, since it will be they who might well have to go digging about in my body to root out the evil spirits. Damned genetics, huh?

Right about now I think perhaps I might have been better served with being a lifelong Christian since apparently they don't suffer and health issues..................... :-(

I'll look things over here on the R&P and perhaps launch a retort or two, but I'm not going to do any of my usual 8.5 X 11 posts, single spaced and in a tiny font....

Spl thx to Shibumi for coming down and holding my hand, or bottle of bourbon, as it were ("....honest, doc, I didn't sneak it in here to my room! It just magically appeared! Besides, nurse Kratchett seemed to like it just fine too!!")
Whooooo Hooooo! Rifleman is BACK!!!!

Great to see ya...missed ya Ol' Buddy!

Wish I didn't live the other side of the country from you here in Connecticut/New York...I'd have some of my "associates" stop by and "pep up" your spirits.

Get rest and recover your strength. Keep up with a good Wild Turkey 101 regimen...that'll keep ya feelin' chipper! Don't over do it though.

All the best.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:36 AM

651 posts, read 1,417,037 times
Good to see you back! This place just hasn't been the same without you.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:55 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Great to see you back, rifleman!

Did you manage to collect any specimens of the newly evolved (sent to Earth by one's favorite deity - for you Creationists) CRKP bacterium while you were in the hospital? It's a nasty little bugger! Very interesting to read about, though:

The Enemy Within: A new superbug, KPC/CRKP | Wired Science*| Wired.com

Try not to use your body as a culture lab for it, though. They have special equipment for that you wacky mad scientist!

Old 04-08-2011, 08:49 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
i tried to beam up a bottle of rum to yas, guess we haven't reached that level of technology yet i will try the buddhism method to get the rum to yas..>>>>ohm, ohm, ohm ,ohm.. if the rum gets to yas, please drink responsibly..

be careful of the nurses.?? they have big needles

ohh.!!> and may allah be with you.!!

Old 04-08-2011, 09:10 AM

563 posts, read 929,890 times
Good to see you're back!

Old 04-09-2011, 01:03 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
cruxan: You'll meet a lot of resistance with all those "ohms". Kilohms and megohms, probably.

rifleman: Great to see a post from you, old chap! I'll not be saying a prayer for you.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:39 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Be making a toast to you rifleman with a bottle of 12 year old Jamison............. Good to know you're on the road to recovery and will be back among us mere mortals in the near future.....

Old 04-09-2011, 04:48 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Be making a toast to you rifleman with a bottle of 12 year old Jamison............. Good to know you're on the road to recovery and will be back among us mere mortals in the near future.....
X 2 but with single malt.

Also, best wishes to all other forum frequenters who may be not feeling well or recovering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality