Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 04:41 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,664,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well aren't you special...You know something that cannot be known.
Nope, not special...MOF no different then about 98% of all the people who have ever lived.

So...you are wrong about that Sans!
You're just part of that 2% that cannot know it, and ignorantly think everyone else is like you...You need to get hip to that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 05:14 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,221,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
First...It's not MY God...it's simply God.
No it is your god because I have thousands to choose from were I that way inclined.
Quote:
Second...Know that you cannot "decide" to believe (TRULY believe) anything...you either truly believe something, or you don't. It's not a "choice" you can make. Belief is what it is...and ONLY what it is.
That is an interesting take. I was under the impression one has to willfully believe.
Quote:
Third...I don't simply "believe" God exists...I KNOW God exists.
How? if you know, us heathen would really like a heads up if you have some new information to offer.
Quote:
I don't know what difference it would make to YOUR life...or what it would "bring" you...beyond the belief itself, that is.
People assimilate and react to things differently...so that would be "on you".
At least here you are truthful.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
No it is your god because I have thousands to choose from were I that way inclined.

That is an interesting take. I was under the impression one has to willfully believe.

How? if you know, us heathen would really like a heads up if you have some new information to offer.

At least here you are truthful.
You read my "Evidence for the Existence of God" to Nozz...so you know that I view "God" in a "generic" sense... the Creator/Source and Essence of everything. This is not "new information"...but it is a "heads up" to those ignorant of, or confused about, the existence of God.

Though those thousands of different "incarnations" of God that man has conjured up over human history...are part of the "Spiritual Fossil Record" that we can study to give us a historical basis for humankind's intrinsic proclivity to perceive the existence of God.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:32 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,382,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The evidence and logic for an intelligent universe making our reality intelligible and as the Source for our intelligence is incontrovertible
The comical, though frustrating, thing about asking for such evidence is that people will say over and over.... and over and over.... that there is evidence and it is "incontrovertible".... but they never ever get around to telling you what any of it actually is.

If you are aware of any argument, evidence, data OR reasons to lend even a modicum of credence to the notion that there exists a non-human rational intelligence that is responsible for the creation and/or subsequent maintenance of our universe... please feel free to adumbrate it for discussion.

Simply saying it exists and then running off helps no one.

Quote:
You can twist it all you want...but it is YOU that must "deal" with the REALITY of how the world REALLY is.
I do, and the reality is as I said it. Atheism is one of the fastest growing groups, and the influence and power the religious once had in areas such as morality, politics and education is waning. The ability of the religious to avoid prosecutions like the rape of children is crumbling. Vocations in general are down with fewer people becoming priests. Concepts such as blasphemy are being removed and the taboo that once existed on confronting faith are being eroded.

These are the realities and nothing needs to be twisted to acknowledge them. They simply are.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:43 AM

33,568 posts, read 37,185,374 times
Quote:
Nope, not special...MOF no different then about 98% of all the people who have ever lived.

So...you are wrong about that Sans!
You're just part of that 2% that cannot know it, and ignorantly think everyone else is like you...You need to get hip to that fact.
So your are saying that you are merely a sheep falling in line with what you think are the other 98% ( incorrect numbers,by the way...16% of the world's population is now non religious, with half of that number 8% composed of atheist/agnostics) that make up the flock, and I'm the special one....Well thank you. I have never thought that everyone was just like me.... I have dealt with sheep (followers) all my life and know they base their life on what someone else has told them. (Just as you are blindly following Mystic) I prefer to think for myself and lead.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:46 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,698,570 times
Regardless, the people in power make the decisions, not the average citizen.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:51 AM

63,907 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
The comical, though frustrating, thing about asking for such evidence is that people will say over and over.... and over and over.... that there is evidence and it is "incontrovertible".... but they never ever get around to telling you what any of it actually is.

If you are aware of any argument, evidence, data OR reasons to lend even a modicum of credence to the notion that there exists a non-human rational intelligence that is responsible for the creation and/or subsequent maintenance of our universe... please feel free to adumbrate it for discussion.

Simply saying it exists and then running off helps no one.
It is off topic in this thread . . . but you can read some of my synthesis to educate yourself about our reality sufficiently to recognize the evidence that exists.

My Synthesis1

My Synthesis2

My Synthesis3

My Synthesis4

My Synthesis5

Old 04-14-2011, 08:59 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,382,909 times
I am not seeing any evidence for a "god" in those links after a first speed read. I will re-read again now closer. But from first look all I am seeing a series of non-sequitur summaries of various aspects of scientific knowledge, with very little linking between them, and little more.... during which you periodically drop in aspects of god, or spirituality... apparently randomly.... as if you are assuming your conclusion as part of your "proof" which is one of the easier mistakes to make in science and other forms of argument.

An answer to my question however I am certainly not finding.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
I am not seeing any evidence for a "god" in those links after a first speed read. I will re-read again now closer. But from first look all I am seeing a series of non-sequitur summaries of various aspects of scientific knowledge, with very little linking between them, and little more.... during which you periodically drop in aspects of god, or spirituality... apparently randomly.... as if you are assuming your conclusion as part of your "proof" which is one of the easier mistakes to make in science and other forms of argument.

An answer to my question however I am certainly not finding.
Let me hip you to the real problem here Nozz:
I've said this before...many times...and I'm saying it again to you.
Those in the vast majority that can "see" (right-brain perception) God have the "evidence", and the "proof".

The few in the minority that are "blind" (deficient right-brain perception)... for some reason have an aversion to acknowledging their lack of that common ability...and furthermore, as a derivative of the denial of their "blindness", they deny the existence of God as well...simply because THEY have never "seen" God.
Even though the vast majority of "sighted" people tell them otherwise...they persist in their denial...commonly even going as far as to call them "delusional", "liars", and "not right in the head". Too bad. Oh, well.

TRUTH is truth...regardless of "proof", "belief", "speculation", or "evidence". Fortunately, most have the evidence for God...regardless of the fact that some just don't know, what they don't know.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:35 PM

22,333 posts, read 19,282,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Regardless, the people in power make the decisions, not the average citizen.
if a person feels they are "powerless" then they are living their life as a victim

in truth, we are powerful, we create the world around us with our thoughts, with our beliefs, with our feelings.

we alone are responsible for our world, and everything in it.
when we wake up and take responsibility for our individual world, life, and everything in it, then we move in to a place of power and can change our world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality