Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 08:19 AM

2 posts, read 1,943 times

Advertisements

If you want to escape hell and enter heaven to enter Islam.
And enter this link and listen to the Holy Qur'an

YouTube - ‫

Last edited by june 7th; 04-07-2011 at 08:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 08:27 AM

2 posts, read 1,943 times
Brother end of the world will come to save yourself save yourself worship God and do not worship other, Jesus is not God but a messenger.
((((Jesus does not hurt does not help will not help you because it is not God))
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( enter Islam)))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Old 04-08-2011, 09:58 PM

460 posts, read 593,285 times
If you want to believe in Allah and the Quran because it warms your cockles, good for you.

The Quran was written by your prophet because during his lifetime neither Christianity nor Judaism was appropriate for "fixing" the situation of his people.

But let's look at some facts here:

1. Fundamentalists state that the world is only 6000 years old.

Islam was founded in 610 a.d.

So where was this Allah fellow for the previous 5400 years?

Admittedly, the Jewish God has only been around for 4000 of those years, and the Christian God a mere 2000 years.

2. There is no such place as hell, either physically or supernaturally, and heaven does not exist either.

Hell has been a concept for thousands of years but only recently has it become a "place" of eternal punishment. I state "recently" in light of mankind's existence.

It is a shame that your prophet jumped on the Christian bandwagon on the concept of hell, but then there is nothing like the threat of eternal punishment to whip willing "slaves" to an idea or to the countless wars your prophet instigated in the name of your God.

There are two mainstream concepts of hell nowadays that evolved from the original. We have the Western, which is one of eternal damnation, and the Eastern, which is more like the Western idea of Purgatory. In the West, there is no salvation from hell; in the East, one is reincarnated to do "it all over again--maybe this time right."

3. The Quran was written by a man. One can believe it was dictated by an angel or even by the voice of God. One can believe that, but belief does not make it necessarily true.

Then again, angels do not exist (the supernatural ones) any more than the Jinn exist. They were nice fairy tales to help explain natural forces until science came along. Just as we know that demons do not exist (and if Christians would do a little research on the Jewish notion of demons, they, too, would back off the heavy-handed belief in Hell and hordes of human-hating demons.

4. The bottom line has to be this: where is the saving grace and hope in any religion or religious idea?

Believing in a particular God? Nope.

Believing in accomplishing good works? Nope.

Believing in the idea where I personally am going to live a good life? Nope.

The personal experience of feeling that something outside me made my life a little better, a little easier? Now we are getting closer.

I don't have to call this God "Jesus," "Jehovah," "Allah," or any other name to feel the presence of God who is part and parcel to every human being. I don't even have to prescribe to a particular religion to "get saved."

Anyone subscribing to a particular religion and then demanding others subscribe to it upon pain of death (be it physical or spiritual) is just plain wrong, wrong, wrong. People of this sort are not listening to the real voice of God but rather to the antichrist or devil that resides quite firmly in the soul of every human being.

Besides, why should you care if I go to your heaven? Islam is no different from mainstream Christianity: people need other people to be damned so there will be some kind of self-congratualation and entertainment in heaven.

If you are expecting to earn some extra heavenly brownie points by bringing people to Islam, you have proved my point: absolute nonsense and a good waste of human energy and brain power. Figuring out how to feed that world or even help get us off this planet: now there are two really worthwhile projects to concentrate on.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:12 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islam-ksa View Post
I have MASSIVE avoidance issues with any religion that teaches it's adherents that anyone changing from their religion to another one must be put to death.

In short, there is no getting out of Islam alive.

And just like countless others before you, I've no doubt you mean well. But I cannot for the life of me see any reason any sane person would convert to Islam considering the current state of Islam. Many Muslims are good people but far too many do things like walking into a military base with a gun and start shooting a bunch of unarmed people. That's only one example and others like it are FAR too commonplace for comfort. I would reject any religion that inspires such behavior is so very many of it's believers -- and yes I would part ways with my own current religion if any part of it was advocating murder and such things.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:17 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

In short, there is no getting out of Islam alive.
Of course there is, it's called reason or logic.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Of course there is, it's called reason or logic.
Yeah looks like I was too slow. Click the link I added to my post.

The point is that if you leave the Islamic faith, you're as good as dead. It is any good Muslim's duty to kill your butt if you were Muslim and convert to -- oh say believing in the Flying Spaghetti Monster instead. The ugly part is that it is much more explicit in their scriptures than any other religion that tries to force it's adherents to stick around.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:50 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islam-ksa View Post

The key to Escape is usually at the top left.
The key to Enter is usually in the middle on the right.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:15 AM

659 posts, read 1,102,337 times
The best way to escape is to never enter in the first place...

Old 04-09-2011, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
The key to Escape is usually at the top left.
The key to Enter is usually in the middle on the right.
Does this mean Alt+F4 has religious implications as well??? Is it like the Apocalypse or something???

Old 04-09-2011, 04:15 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,958,693 times
All hail the FSM and his noodleness!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality