Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 11:44 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,334,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
So it all boils down to hate or compassion. I would have thought it's a bit more complex than that. But, what the heck, it's your thread.
Of course it is more complex than this, but in the end all we have control over is whether we are good or evil, compassion or hate. I'm just simplifying it, that is all.

If you had to choose what type of message to send to people, what would it be? Compassion or Hate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 05:54 PM

22,840 posts, read 19,445,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Hate provides vitality and intensity . Both emotions are necessary and complement each other. .
that is really distorted dangeous disturbing thinking.
hate has no value whatsoever. It is destructive and it is self-destructive. it is poison.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:15 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,613,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
So it all boils down to hate or compassion. I would have thought it's a bit more complex than that. But, what the heck, it's your thread.
Starting divisive threads does seem to be his agenda. Dragging a bait hook behind a boat comes to mind.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:02 PM

1,778 posts, read 2,359,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Starting divisive threads does seem to be his agenda. Dragging a bait hook behind a boat comes to mind.
It would seem that you are the troll in most of his threads. Although I don't completely agree with Raison, he seems to be genuine and not starting threads to troll. Once you understand that everyone thinks differently you will understand all of this. I think this was even covered in grade school.

Raison, to answer your OP I would have to say that I will choose compassion over hate any day. I love the Threads you are starting. Keep it up and don't allow others to push you around on here. Be yourself and keep your cool.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:42 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,499,927 times
Compassion, love, altruism, selflessness, joy, peace, and LOVE. Those always win in the end.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:53 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,499,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Of course it is more complex than this, but in the end all we have control over is whether we are good or evil, compassion or hate. I'm just simplifying it, that is all.

If you had to choose what type of message to send to people, what would it be? Compassion or Hate?
Every emotion can be traced back to love or fear. Hating someone is fear-based, because hate is the projection of fear onto the outside. Anger is fear-based, because it does not seek change. It dwells in the past. But when anger is transmuted into passion and motivation, it becomes love-based because it drives people to act and seek change for the better. Depression is fear-based because it arises from the sense of not being able to do anything but it can be transmuted into creativity. Every emotion has a fear component and a love component. We can choose love by not letting our destructive emotions get the best of us but instead having them just long enough to transmute them into positive emotions. Why do we have negative emotions to begin with? Anger, depression, fear, loneliness, separation etc. are natural emotions. But they are not meant to be had over and over again, which is evidenced by the effects they have on the body, particularly the nervous and cardiovascular systems. They are meant to fuel creativity, love, altruism, and oneness. They are not the path we are forced to take; they are merely the window into the path we can always choose to take--positive emotions: love, compassion, self-awareness, understanding, oneness.

So to answer your question: I choose compassion. It is not just for me or just for you, it's for all of us. Every time you choose compassion, you benefit not only yourself, but others as well, and you encourage them to choose compassion, which benefits not only them but you as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality