Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 11:28 PM

146 posts, read 520,500 times

Advertisements

I was just going to ask for some opinions as to the experience i had at work today...

I was sitting in my car during my break because our breakroom is under construction, and a man was walking around handing out bibles. I took one and said thank you, but as the man noticed i drove a mustang he looked at me and said "I will pray for you; because everyone who drives a mustang is going to hell"!! I responded by saying why is that? He replied it symbolizes the devil and all drivers of those "God forsaken" cars are more likely to do unchristan like things.

Now i am a christian and do believe in God, but at the same time since when did the car you drive determine whether you go to heaven or hell. I dont understand his train of thought, and to be honest i found it quite ignorant that he even made the comment. I understand telling people about God and all but dont you think that some people are a tad bit extreme with the whole thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 11:35 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitegiant View Post
I was just going to ask for some opinions as to the experience i had at work today...

I was sitting in my car during my break because our breakroom is under construction, and a man was walking around handing out bibles. I took one and said thank you, but as the man noticed i drove a mustang he looked at me and said "I will pray for you; because everyone who drives a mustang is going to hell"!! I responded by saying why is that? He replied it symbolizes the devil and all drivers of those "God forsaken" cars are more likely to do unchristan like things.

Now i am a christian and do believe in God, but at the same time since when did the car you drive determine whether you go to heaven or hell. I dont understand his train of thought, and to be honest i found it quite ignorant that he even made the comment. I understand telling people about God and all but dont you think that some people are a tad bit extreme with the whole thing.

If you read that Bible at the end...it says who will go to heaven..and who will Go to hell....it also lists them...so do some reading on that....I believe it also says "Woe to them who harm the Earth"...and something about the polluted ones.....Now rethink your automobile..and what it drinks (The Dead blood of the saints and others)..and how that pollutes the earth when sucked up out of the ground and spewed into the enviroments...and how that effects other living things..."do onto others as you would have done onto you"

Does that help?

Old 04-19-2011, 11:45 PM

I understand where your coming from, but i guess im odd? I dont know how to explain it, but i believe in God and heaven and all i just dont live life like super religious. The way i see it is if i live a good life am nice to others, and not do extreme sins that i will go to heaven. I guess im a little bit more liberal when it comes to religion? But either way you said that about those who harm the environment, but wouldnt everyone in some sort of way be guilty of that?

Old 04-19-2011, 11:47 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:

The dude obviously has a pre-Council of Carthage Bible...before it was edited. Check out the eleventh commandment:

And the Lord said unto Moses - "Thou must not drive a Mustang."

Old 04-19-2011, 11:49 PM

Haha he must have had something and or was on something. I just didnt understand why my car should have anything to do with that, he has no idea how i live my life.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:52 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
I'd be very suspect about anyone who spends his time handing out Bibles anyway.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:59 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:

These sick people get their jollies telling people they are going to hell. If you had been driving a Prius he may well have told you were going to hell also. Your feeling that he was ignorant is a good start, but also delusional. To go around telling strangers they are going to hell, what an an ass.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:27 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,901 times
Quote:
I understand where your coming from, but i guess im odd? I dont know how to explain it, but i believe in God and heaven and all i just dont live life like super religious. The way i see it is if i live a good life am nice to others, and not do extreme sins that i will go to heaven. I guess im a little bit more liberal when it comes to religion? But either way you said that about those who harm the environment, but wouldnt everyone in some sort of way be guilty of that?

That is true...but the deception is believing that we get forgiven for our sins, and all we have to do is say a prayer and continue to do them continually...especially when the Bible says exactly what,why, who, and how we will be judged and put to the fire of hell.

It is only because we are being decieved into thinking anything but what is written....we change the word to suite ourselves, we repute, denie, dispute, and ofcourse dismiss...the truth for lies and liars to sit on us all.

If we pollute the planet and all other life mindlessly...then we pollute ourselves!

And that is the paradoxal truth...there is only truth...God and Christ profess this....they are the truth...

So if we listen to them..and not our foolish selves...and stop and think or meditate on what they said, how they lived, and what they did do...and we follow in their footsteps completely following the commandments, precepts, and covenants, and their acts on this world...and that first instruction out of Genesis 2:15...we become sinless enought to restore what was taken in disobediance back onto God....

Jesus says "Give onto God what belongs to God"...that which was taken, needs to be put back....and we know it was something of a plant....to reverse the curse of death...we have to undo what was done....to gain forgiveness we have to put back the way it was......Acts 3:21...the universal restoration says so.... utilizing the Givens Genesis 9:3... and in light of Acts 10:15...in a sharing manner....not for sale or selfish gain...and not using the IDOL of engraven images at all....God said not to have before him...

So how many changes were made in society and democracy and other belief systems which allow the breaking of the word will and laws of God that are now previlant in the world order?...to have the whole world decieved?

That is the biggest problem of all...finding the truth of them errors is easy....but making the change, and putting it right is the hard part.

Read up, most of your answers are in the Bible...if you meditate on them words of God and Christ enough...you will come to the same conclusions....We are all in error!...once we accept that truth...only then can real change occur by doing what is right for the whole creation and God.
And we share like God...(No More Idols of engraven images)..which takes away the need for crime...destitution, poverty, and warfare...that is what the IDOL (money) creates on the other side of the coin.(Your making a den of robbers and theives)..while prohibiting the sowing of certain plants...which would help restore that estate of Eden and its multiples...which they do not want you or anyone else to do sinlessly....for once it is done and restored sinlessly...Rev 17:17 comes into play....JUDGEMENT!

Old 04-20-2011, 09:31 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
"Woe to them who harm the Earth"...and something about the polluted ones.....
You wouldn't care to quote that scripture, would you?

Old 04-20-2011, 09:33 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:

I'd have just HAD to ask him what kind of car will get me into heaven. And, what kind of car HE drives!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality