Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 04:56 PM

7,744 posts, read 12,684,323 times

Advertisements

I already reported my post for deletion. I re-thought about what I said and it was very harsh and ugly so I definitely apologize for the hurtful comments. As for what I said about it being a sin, its still a sin. I'm not sorry about that at all. But I did realize the extras were too much hatefulness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 06:06 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,161,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Has to be one of the best posts on here!!!!!!
I didn't think it was any better than any of the other hateful posts. I guess I'm maybe just slow on the uptake, but to me, one kind of bigotry is really no better than another. I don't see how anybody can justify hatred of entire groups of people, be they straight, gay, Black, White, Christian, Muslim, male, female or anything else. People are people and there are good and bad within every group. Fighting bigotry with more bigotry just doesn't seen like a very rational response to me.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:09 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,161,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Isn't it ironic that 'holy books' give the reader so many people to look down upon?
I don't think they do. People who look down on other people seldom need to refer to a book for a reason to do so. I think that most of the world's "holy books" are ignored by the people who claim to read them.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:48 PM

896 posts, read 1,868,303 times
Seems to be a few here who use a book of myths to justify their homophobia.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:04 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,621,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Deuteronomy 22:5
“A woman shall not wear a man’s garment, nor shall a man put on a woman’s cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God."

Leviticus 20:13
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

Leviticus 18:22
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination"
Odd book you are quoting from. What does it have to do with anything real?

Old 04-20-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My husband has gay friends. My husband is most definitely straight. Actually, most of the straight men that I know have gay friends. It's not a big deal. Gay, straight, transgender, we'll all just human beings.
I'm straight, but I have gay friends, gay neighbors, have worked with gays, have volunteered with gays. They are just like everyone else, people making their way through life.

The fact that arrogant ignorant stupid people want to pass laws to discriminate against these people is beyond my comprehension. How does one develop such an irrational hatred. Oh yea..... religion

Old 04-20-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Isn't it ironic that 'holy books' give the reader so many people to look down upon?
Some also regularly attend meetings to be told whom they are to look down upon, sometimes once a week, but many a good baptist around here goes 2, 3 or more times a week. Short attention spans I guess.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:01 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,272,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I already reported my post for deletion. I re-thought about what I said and it was very harsh and ugly so I definitely apologize for the hurtful comments. As for what I said about it being a sin, its still a sin. I'm not sorry about that at all. But I did realize the extras were too much hatefulness.
It's good that you are apologizing - but what concerns me is that you have these hateful thoughts in the first place. I think you need to look inside yourself and figure out where this hatred is coming from. Most people that I know do not hate homosexuals or find them disgusting. People that are genuinely comfortable in their own sexuality and with their own lives are usually not so hateful towards others. If you find inner peace - then you are able to be more loving and understanding to others. You don't have to approve of other people's choices or even understand them - but hate is never a good thing.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:05 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,806,401 times
Actually, the whole gay marriage issue was one of the things that made me start to question my conservative Christianity. I realized that I honestly couldn't make myself worry enough over someone's sexuality to have any part in limiting his or her freedom. Even when I was a student at a private Christian high school I once gave a persuasive speech in favor of homosexual rights in speech class. You can imagine how well that went over!

Old 04-20-2011, 09:09 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,309,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
I'm not saying that all religious people do not like homosexuals but some people say that it says it in the bible or something so can someone tell me where it says this please.

Note: I am not gay, this is more out of curiosity
It has a lot to do with the way the media portrays gays and the way some gay activists confirm that stereotype.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality