Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 11:55 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,061,491 times

Advertisements

I was reading the book of Matthew and 22:30 Jesus says.

At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage, they will be like angels in heaven.

Is Jesus saying that when we go to heaven we will no longer be married? I don't understand because in the same book of Matthew 19:6 Jesus says.

So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.

busta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 12:12 AM

3,202 posts, read 4,442,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post

At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage, they will be like angels in heaven.

Is Jesus saying that when we go to heaven we will no longer be married? I don't understand because in the same book of Matthew 19:6 Jesus says.

So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.

busta
Well you are going to find a lot of disagreement on this topic but....it doesn't say if you are married you no longer will be.....it says if you aren't married before the resurrection you won't be getting married after it.Seems pretty clear to me,but I recall going around in endless circles on this topic on this board before.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:16 AM

12,688 posts, read 6,756,258 times
Quote:

busta
One of many passages that I think doesn't tell the whole story, IMHO. Can I prove it? Nope! But I just don't accept that marriage gets invalidated when somebody dies. Some go so far as to say that husband and wife no longer recognize each other in heaven.

Possible that Jesus was speaking of this specific case. Possible that the Bible only records a small fraction of what he taught on the matter. Difficult to say, right? Ideally we would have all of Jesus words, but the portion we have I am very grateful for. I wish we had more information regarding marriage than what we do have. Seems kinda contrary that marriage is super-important in this life and irrelevant in the next. What's the point in putting two people together and making a Christ-centered marriage if you're only going to rip it apart? This is among the most paradoxical doctrinal discussions out there. Hence the lack of responses: People aren't crazy about the implications of this passage of scripture (unless their marriage is a living hell of course.)

Old 04-24-2011, 08:56 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,465,215 times
Quote:

busta
Jesus was quoting Enoch, who tells us that the regenerated saints will not marry because angels in heaven do not marry -nor "beget", and the regenerated saints will be companions of, and like, the angels in heaven.

When God made Adam He made Adam male and female [Genesis 5:2], for the purpose of multiplying the seed created in the loins of the male through the womb of the female, so as to get sons of God of the human being kind [who were all written in the Book of Life before they were created as seed in the loins of the male Adam, the head of the race], to be built up as the House/Temple for His Glory to indwell forever. Malachi 2:15 tells us YHWH made them [the male and the female Adam persons], "one spirit" for the purpose of getting godly seed =sons of God, of the human being kind.

When the saints are regenerated in their adoption bodies, they are like the angels in heaven, who do not marry nor give in marriage and are no longer are "male and female" nor is there any sexual procreation nor do they beget any means, for the City of God where the Glory dwells is then completed -and no more sons will be needed for that City to be built up, as it is finished; and that city is what the Creator intended Adam to build up for the Glory to indwell. But in the fall, all the seed in Adam died, as sons, and the New Man [Christ in second creation human being flesh], is come as Kinsman/Redeemer to the lost seed, whom He has atoned for and adopts, one by one [whosoever will], into His One Living Spirit [Christ], all the formerly dead, in the one Adam spirit, sons, and He builds up the City for the Glory and brings many sons to It.

In Enoch, the fallen watchers [who left their first estate and remained in the bodies they take as watchers- to appear as men on earth when they come down to do their appointed duties over mankind] were reprimanded by God through Enoch. Jesus makes reference to this and calls it Scripture [writing, as in "Sacred"]:
Quote:
And He answered and said to me, and I heard His voice: "Fear not, Enoch, thou righteous man and scribe of righteousness: approach hither and hear my voice. 2And go, say to the Watchers of heaven, who have sent thee to intercede for them: 'You should intercede for men, and not men for you: 3Wherefore have ye left the high, holy, and eternal heaven, and lain with women, and defiled yourselves with the daughters of men and taken to yourselves wives, and done like the children of earth, and begotten giants as your sons? 4And though ye were holy, spiritual, living the eternal life, you have defiled yourselves with the blood of women, and have begotten children with the blood of flesh, and, as the children of men, have lusted after flesh and blood as those also do who die and perish. 5Therefore have I given them wives also that they might impregnate them, and beget children by them, that thus nothing might be wanting to them on earth.

6But you were formerly spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world. 7And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling.
Enoch 104:
Quote:
Companions with Angels
104 I swear unto you, that in heaven the angels remember you for good before the glory of the Great One: and your names are written before the glory of the Great One. 2Be hopeful; for aforetime ye were put to shame through ill and affliction; but now ye shall shine as the lights of heaven, ye shall shine and ye shall be seen, and the portals of heaven shall be opened to you.
3And in your cry, cry for judgement, and it shall appear to you; for all your tribulation shall be visited on the rulers, and on all who helped those who plundered you.
4Be hopeful, and cast not away your hope; for ye shall have great joy as the angels of heaven.
5What shall ye be obliged to do? Ye shall not have to hide on the day of the great judgement and ye shall not be found as sinners, and the eternal judgement shall be far from you for all the generations of the world.
6And now fear not, ye righteous, when ye see the sinners growing strong and prospering in their ways: be not companions with them, but keep afar from their violence; for ye shall become companions of the hosts of heaven.
Mar 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, [Enoch is referenced as the Scripture they do not know]...
Mar 12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are ὡς hōs/even as the angels which are in heaven.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:39 PM

927 posts, read 1,461,729 times
Marriage is the union of flesh ... as a spirit there is no flesh

Old 04-24-2011, 11:05 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,465,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
Marriage is the union of flesh ... as a spirit there is no flesh
Flesh cannot exist without the created spirit of its kind, which builds the body for each seed come into its being, according to the command of the Creator, for that kind.

Spirit is the nature/kind/being. God is the father of creation of the spirits/kinds/being of all flesh.

Num 16:22 And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?
Num 27:16 Let the LORD, the God of the spirits of all flesh, set a man over the congregation,

When the Watcher angels appear on earth, for certain duties they have to do in obedience to the Creator, they can and do appear as men, in bodies like Adam flesh. They can appear in other ways, also, but in the Word, they appear as men many times, and eat and drink and fellowship with the sons of men. We are to be careful to entertain strangers, for many have entertained angels unawares.
According to Enoch, the Watcher angels who fell took oaths to remain in the bodies like Adam flesh, and take wives, and cursed themselves from ever entering heaven again -Jude says they "left their first estate/habitation".
According to Enoch, the seven archangels who stand before the LORD of Glory are Chief "Watchers".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality