Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 08:26 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,686,766 times

Advertisements

Sadly, at the very hands of the people who preach against them.

Religious "End Times" Prophecies May Actually Come True! - National atheism | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 08:43 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,895,483 times
Self-fulfilling prophecies are among the scariest of them all.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:44 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
I'm excited for the apocalypse just so I can finally escape my boring, humdrum life. Because every christian knows they are gonna be just like this (or raptured) when the time comes :

YouTube - The Book of Eli - He's in shock.mp4

Old 04-26-2011, 01:41 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post

Religious "End Times" Prophecies May Actually Come True! - National atheism | Examiner.com
From the Examiner? Offhand, I'd say that means there's nothing to worry about.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:56 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
From the Examiner? Offhand, I'd say that means there's nothing to worry about.
Actually, everything in the linked article was pretty much 100% spot on.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:53 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,194,708 times
I think it very likely that warring religions will bring forth the 'end times'. After all, many of the more unbalanced look forward to them and want to hurry them along.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:57 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post

You know...there's an amazing paradox involved in what may ultimately be the end of human civilization as we know it. Christians fight in court and do everything they can to protect the lives of anyone. They try to keep humans alive as long as possible and try to keep women from aborting unwanted pregnancies. The cold hard facts are that mankind will number about 9,000,000,000 on the planet by the year 2050 and the earth's resources will be just about depleted. Over population is the one definite thing which will take the human race down if something doesn't do it sooner. Kinda amazing that they're working in the opposite direction if they're interested in preserving our ability to feed ourselves.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:10 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,225,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
You know...there's an amazing paradox involved in what may ultimately be the end of human civilization as we know it. Christians fight in court and do everything they can to protect the lives of anyone. They try to keep humans alive as long as possible and try to keep women from aborting unwanted pregnancies. The cold hard facts are that mankind will number about 9,000,000,000 on the planet by the year 2050 and the earth's resources will be just about depleted. Over population is the one definite thing which will take the human race down if something doesn't do it sooner. Kinda amazing that they're working in the opposite direction if they're interested in preserving our ability to feed ourselves.
Sure, but what about all of the atrocities that were and are still committed in the name of God?

Funny how those just seem to get airbrushed right out of the picture, isn't it?

Old 04-28-2011, 09:44 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Sure, but what about all of the atrocities that were and are still committed in the name of God?

Funny how those just seem to get airbrushed right out of the picture, isn't it?
From the Crusades to Iraq...God has been in the picture. This is one of the very best:

Date: 06.10.2005
Printable version

"President George W Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals.

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq ." And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Abu Mazen was at the same meeting and recounts how President Bush told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation. So I will get you a Palestinian state."

Presidents and Prime Ministers, their generals and ministers tell what happened behind closed doors as peace talks failed and the intifada exploded."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality