Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:28 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,448,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Geez, why is God attacking the most Christian nation on earth? Doesn't god like Christians? Here in Canada where there are fewer Christians, we see very few tornadoes, seldom get hurricanes or any other natural disasters, but when we do nobody blames God. We put the blame where it belongs........... On nature.
Someone on another thread told me that God causes bad things to happen to christians for testing and discipline.When I questioned if this applied to non-god believers or non christian god believers he basically said no,God doesn't disciple other peoples children or children that aren't his...I guess under this mans theory if you have fewer christians around you you are less likely to be attacked by God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 02:36 AM

17,183 posts, read 23,016,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Someone on another thread told me that God causes bad things to happen to christians for testing and discipline.When I questioned if this applied to non-god believers or non christian god believers he basically said no,God doesn't disciple other peoples children or children that aren't his...I guess under this mans theory if you have fewer christians around you you are less likely to be attacked by God.
I thought we were all God's Chillun

YouTube - Paul Robeson: All God's Chillun Got Wings

Old 05-04-2011, 02:54 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,992,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And they are still unable to rid themselves of the fear that flourished in the ignorance that created gods in the first place.

I could feel sorry for them it just ignorance was the only reason, but since it's willful ignorance, not so much. Ancient man had much to fear, but those fears have been eliminated with knowledge.

There is no willful ignorance on my part. I have already stated that I have heard the voice of God, and on numerous occasions. He often reaches out to those who love Him. The willful ignorance will be found in those who continue to ignore God's reality, and His existance. From the Middle East we are hearing stories of Muslims giving their life to Christ. Which puts many of their lives at risk. Yet the stories keep coming, and that is because they are speaking the truth of real life encounters with Christ. And only the ignorant would continue to ignore this reality.

http://vodpod.com/watch/4419576-kama...ter-with-jesus

Last edited by Campbell34; 05-04-2011 at 03:10 AM..

Old 05-04-2011, 03:40 AM

17,183 posts, read 23,016,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
There is no willful ignorance on my part. I have already stated that I have heard the voice of God, and on numerous occasions. He often reaches out to those who love Him. The willful ignorance will be found in those who continue to ignore God's reality, and His existance. From the Middle East we are hearing stories of Muslims giving their life to Christ. Which puts many of their lives at risk. Yet the stories keep coming, and that is because they are speaking the truth of real life encounters with Christ. And only the ignorant would continue to ignore this reality.

Kamal Saleem- Muslim Encounter with Jesus Video
And what about the Christians who are converting to Islam?

YouTube - A Christian Minister's Conversion to Islam - Dr. Jerald Dirks on TheDeenShow (Part 1)

Quote:
Dr. Jerald Dirks, a former Christian Minister slowly began to leave Christian belief during his days in the Harvard School of Divinity. Like many others, after being introduced to the large number of contradictions found in various Christian scriptures, he slowly began to retrogress from the Christian activist seen. Dr. Dirks is now a practicing Muslim trying to spread the understanding of the Islamic faith amongst the people.
The first part of this is in Arabic, but he goes back to English after the introduction.

YouTube - How the Bible Led Me to Islam: The Story of a Former Christian Youth Minister - Joshua Evans

Quote:
How the Bible Led Me to Islam: The Story of a Former Christian Youth Minister - Joshua Evans

YouTube - Evangelical Christian tells why he chose Islam

Quote:
Hamza Yusuf was born in Washington State and raised in Northern California. In 1977, he became Muslim and subsequently traveled to the Muslim world and studied for ten years in the U. A. E., Saudi Arabia, as well as North and West Africa. He received teaching licenses in various Islamic subjects from several well-known scholars in various countries. After ten years of studies abroad, he returned to the USA and took degrees in Religious Studies and Health Care. He has traveled all over the world giving talks on Islam. He also founded Zaytuna Institute which has established an international reputation for presenting a classical picture of Islam in the West and which is dedicated to the revival of traditional study methods and the sciences of Islam. Shaykh Hamza is the first American lecturer to teach in Morocco's prestigious and oldest University, the Karaouine in Fes. In addition, he has translated into modern English several classical Arabic traditional texts and poems. Shaykh Hamza currently resides in Northern California with his wife and five children

Old 05-04-2011, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Of course there is a difference. Those who claim they were Christians and came to Islam. Did so based on a personal arguement or belief. Whereas many who are coming to a belief in Christ from Islam, did so often beause of a real life encounter with Jesus Christ. To believe in something based on an opinion is one thing. To become a Christian after having a real life encounter with Jesus Christ is something else again. And often those who became Christians were in places in the world were the preaching of Christ was considered a crime. And yet, those are some of the places where Christ is appearing to Muslims in their dreams. It would appear that it is the supernatural power of God that is allowing for this Muslim conversion. Christian converting to Muslim is more based on a human belief without any supernatural input. Which usually means the absence of God.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:15 AM

16,292 posts, read 28,603,434 times
Quote:
There is no willful ignorance on my part. I have already stated that I have heard the voice of God, and on numerous occasions.
Many people hear voices, caused by everything from over active imaginations to serious mental illnesses, but never the voice of god.

I think you honestly believe that, yet without a doubt "it's all in your head"

Old 05-04-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Many people hear voices, caused by everything from over active imaginations to serious mental illnesses, but never the voice of god.

I think you honestly believe that, yet without a doubt "it's all in your head"

When God reminded me to pray for a job. And I did. And as soon as I said the (A) of AMEN. The phone rang and I got a job. That was not in my head. That was a reality.

When God told me while I was praying that my wife was going to have a child. And then 3 hours later I discovered my wife was pregnant. That was not in my head. That was a reality.

When I told Jesus I loved Him. And then a ten inch red balloon came down from the sky and squeezed through a 3 inch opening in a fence and almost hit me in the face. Yet I caught it in my hands turning it over to discover the words on the other side. "I LOVE YOU". That to was not in my head. That was a reality.

You don't know God, so naturally you must dismiss Him. I have had a lifetime of experiences with God. And I will never deny His reality. If it was just mental illness, that would not explain how I got the job, or the timing of my wifes pregnancy, or why that balloon showing up at that exact time. And of course, there are other cases that I have not mentioned here that could be added to these accounts.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
When God reminded me to pray for a job. And I did. And as soon as I said the (A) of AMEN. The phone rang and I got a job. That was not in my head. That was a reality.

When God told me while I was praying that my wife was going to have a child. And then 3 hours later I discovered my wife was pregnant. That was not in my head. That was a reality.

When I told Jesus I loved Him. And then a ten inch red balloon came down from the sky and squeezed through a 3 inch opening in a fence and almost hit me in the face. Yet I caught it in my hands turning it over to discover the words on the other side. "I LOVE YOU". That to was not in my head. That was a reality.

You don't know God, so naturally you must dismiss Him. I have had a life time of experiences with God. And I will never deny His reality. If it was just mental illness, that would not explain how I got the job, or the timing of my wifes pregnancy, or why that balloon showing up at that exact time. And of course, there are other cases that I have not mentioned here that could be added to these accounts.
Heard all these before Tom, they are only your reality. Fantasies can be very real to the individual.

I going to go out on a limb and say that you applied for the job your got, filled out the forms, submitted a resume, etc.

That you wife became pregnant because you all 'did the deed'

The balloon; a dream, a fantasy you have told yourself so many times you have convinced yourself it is real, a false memory. Nor do I every recall anyone else saying JC sent them balloons , or flowers, or candy, or .........

I know you are serious Tom, but there is no way that I can even come close to taking your fantasies seriously, as you have allowed fantasies to become your reality.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:52 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,906,905 times
Quote:
You can't help but laugh can you folks?

Old 05-04-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You can't help but laugh can you folks?
But then the sobering thought that this person lives amongst us, voting, driving a car, owning guns, hunting, raising children , teaching their fantasies in Sunday schools, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality