Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 02:21 AM

4,443 posts, read 4,885,431 times

Advertisements

The pope has removed a bishop who said that if the rules changed about ordaining women that he would obey them , while those such as Law and others that co-conspired to protect and move around sexual abusers get promotions and rewards.

Pope removes bishop who expressed openness to ordaining women | National Catholic Reporter (http://ncronline.org/news/women/pope-removes-bishop-who-expressed-openness-ordaining-women - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 04:16 AM

2,251 posts, read 6,976,584 times
It really puzzles me how women blindly follow a religion that in reality is the reason they never had many rights up until the 60s-70s...and thats in America nevermind other parts of the world And no I'm not some militant feministic freak...just an ordinary guy

Its really interesting to see over history how much more tolerant and relaxed in general Christianity has become over its followers. Back in the day you were burned at the stake for even thinking the Sun was at the center of the universe. And over time they've let their followers engage in more and more activities that would otherwise be considered heresy back then. You can say Christianity needed to evolve with the times which it did...likely to keep a majority mass of followers. I imagine it'll only be a matter of time before women become as equal to men within Christianity and they are allowed to be ordained too and hold greater religious positions.

The Internet was and still is the single biggest threat to all religions. No religion can burn the Internet

And someday justice will prevail for those that have abused their religious positions taking advantage of women and children....someday.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:32 AM

You have those that want change as we grow in knowledge of ourselves and the world around us and those that are stuck in the past.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:38 AM

YouTube - The Village - Trailer (2004)

Old 05-03-2011, 11:12 AM

Australian priests offer support for deposed bishop
Statement decries those with 'restorationist ideology' who sought removal
Australian priests offer support for deposed bishop | National Catholic Reporter

Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 AM

"Many of the people influencing these decisions have limited pastoral experience and appear to show little concern for the sensus fidelium."

Full reply from the National Council of Priests of Australia
Catholica Forum - Council of Priests statement in support of Bishop Morris

Old 05-03-2011, 01:13 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,582,546 times
From my point of view, this kind of thing has to be very frustrating for those who have defended Catholic ideology and liturgy in the wake of the priest abuse scandals. Particularly as it relates to married men, the decision is clearly an economic one and not based on scripture.

I often wonder if the American church might someday break off from Rome.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
From my point of view, this kind of thing has to be very frustrating for those who have defended Catholic ideology and liturgy in the wake of the priest abuse scandals. Particularly as it relates to married men, the decision is clearly an economic one and not based on scripture.

I often wonder if the American church might someday break off from Rome.
There has been some serious discussions on that subject, some see a total clear break as the only way to go and others still want to be linked to Rome as some other churches are.
I am sure it will all be brought up when the American Catholic Counci, which I am a member willl hold their first major get together since it's been organised this June in Detroit.
Btw the good bishop of Detroit has warned Catholics not to attend it, I hope he along with some of the other neo-con bishops do some more sabre rattling, we could use the free publicity
American Catholic Council

Old 05-03-2011, 01:27 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,621,247 times
The fact that anyone takes the catholic church and their clown popes and systemic pedophile culture of the catholic church serious is simply stunningly ignorant.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:59 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,269,035 times
Surely anyone who belongs to the Catholic Church knows what its stance is and what they must agree to accept. If not, it's time to go elsewhere. I'm surprised everyone hasn't by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality