Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:35 AM

23,180 posts, read 26,326,518 times

Advertisements

If June has an interesting overseas visitor and is suggesting a Mall, I would either take that as a hint that the said visitor is NOT interesting or that you should look in the yellow pages for a good psychotherapist for June ( skip the J's)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 03:49 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,919,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Sorry. I was on the serioius side and now I'll get back to the program.

You could play "I Spy" or 100 bottles of beer on the wall.
I spy with my little eye, something begining with R......Rain!

Don't think that one will work Rev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
No need to call in the reinforcements. They've promised a sunny day tomorrow, so perhaps we'll take a road trip and Rafius can see the finer sights of the city....All is well.
A brief whisp of watery sunlight no doubt. I need Spanish sun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
You decided to do that because he promised to take you to the Top of Boston Restaurant for those $13 drinks.
Huh????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
Man!. I love you guys
Enjoy the beauty of true friendship....I think Rafius is all smiles.
HA! I'm going to send 'the boys' around to your place when I get back home. You're dead meat pal. Where is that sun you were going to send?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Well, well!
Something tells me she's a real cool lady...I'd like to meet her."
You wanna be locked up too??????

Quote:
I thought it was strange he never answered back...now I know why!!
It was a top secret mission mate. I was sworn to secrecy by June herself...on pain of being subjected to 'The Complete Works of Leonard Cohen'. C'mon man...what can a bloke do when threatened by such a fate??

Quote:
Anyway...I had suggested a daytrip to Berklee College of Music...him being a musician.

A trip out to The Cape would be a given.

You could drive out to the Lenox/Stockbridge area and look at the beautiful places and sights.

Head south to Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods.
Can't I just stay home and drink 'Southern Comfort'?

Quote:
And, of course, I can think of lots of other "fun stuff" to keep you busy...I'll send up a cameraman and a director...Moderator cut: = edit
Make it $60 + free chocolate biscuits and you're on. Do I need to wear the leather flying helmet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
In a pinch you could always call in the Canadians!!!!!!!
I tried....they were busy on school crossing patrol.

Last edited by june 7th; 05-13-2011 at 05:41 AM..

Old 05-13-2011, 03:57 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,919,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
If June has an interesting overseas visitor and is suggesting a Mall, I would either take that as a hint that the said visitor is NOT interesting or that you should look in the yellow pages for a good psychotherapist for June ( skip the J's)
NOT INTERESTING!!!! Are you kidding??? Last night she was enthralled by my rendition of 'Welsh Rugby Songs'. I could tell she loved it by the way that, at first, her eyes glazed over and second, how she became so relaxed that she drifted off into a deep calming sleep.

Not interesting indeed!!!

Old 05-13-2011, 04:24 AM

Oh my! Who could not be fascinated by that??!!
Guess it's on to discovering what's wrong with June.
(Don't attempt to drive her to any appointments.....you can drive forever on the streets of Boston and become the man who never returns (apologies to the Kingston Trio)

Old 05-13-2011, 04:58 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,335,192 times
Enjoy your day. For this day was made for you. So impatient you are Rafius. I think that is where June comes in.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:33 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,691,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Rafius, I've met June as well. I know you're not a believer but I suggest you throw some prayer beads at her. There's something magical about them that keeps the demon inside her at bay, albeit temporarily. Everything will be fine until she begins to bite the heads off snakes. When that time comes, you know the demon within has surfaced.

I highly suggest the following items to keep her away until the Navy SEALs who killed bin Laden can make it to your rescue:

1. "Sweet Home Alabama" - This song works great after she's been fed multiple elixirs. She goes into a trance-like daze of semi-rhythmic movements. It's best to be still when she does this or you may get sucked into her wake vortex of death. Worse, you may find yourself making feeble attempts at dancing.

2. Prayer Beads - Something about them fascinates her and keeps her at bay. I know I've mentioned this already but I figured I'd rehash it.

3. Shrimp - She feasts on these for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Keep her busy with these. It won't last long outside but she's been known to store said shrimp in the fridge for over 5 days.

4. Befriend her Hellhound - She has a special attachment to this beast. Befriending it may ultimately lead to your safe return. On the other hand, it's been known to consume human flesh by the ton.

I concur ! Though if I remember correctly "Sweet Home Alabama" does not work exclusively on June...

Old 05-13-2011, 05:43 AM

8,002 posts, read 12,330,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
So impatient you are Rafius. I think that is where June comes in.
June is a calming influence.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:50 AM

Default Day three:

There is hope here, folks, as we are embarking upon Day Three and there are beautiful sunlit skies and the promise of a lovely spring day. From here, it's merely a question of feeding the dear man a suitable breakfast (June only cooks coffee and tea) and from there deciding what to do with ourselves for the day. June suspects that after his enslavement in her dark, damp basement that Rafius will enjoy the sunlight and day's activities that much more. No malls, no long drives, but perhaps just some local driving around to see the finer points of where June lives in quaint New England. --Or perhaps just sit on the couch and peacefully listen to music and enjoy one another's company....

Last edited by june 7th; 05-13-2011 at 06:32 AM..

Old 05-13-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
....look in the yellow pages for a good psychotherapist for June
June IS a psychotherapist!

Old 05-13-2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June IS a psychotherapist!
That's why I told him to skip the J's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality