Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 01:31 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,098,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Reinforcing rote conditioning and ancient ignorance is not a loving gesture toward one's brother . . some attempt to intellectually edify would be far more loving.
There is much love between Brothers in Islam. I am certain my Brother understands what I am saying to him and does know that with each of us it is always our own responsibility to verify the right or wrong of all things we do.

I commend my Brother's intentions and it is his responsibility to carry out his intentions with knowledge he has verified and to the best of his ability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 09:03 PM

591 posts, read 642,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
........................the prophet jesus peace be upon him will be the saviour but not as the christians understand...............................

the prophet jesus peace be upon him on his second coming will save the muslims believers from the antichrist
and he will kill the antichrist also he will save them from Gog and Magog

jesus is not God and not son of God and not 3 in 1 or 1 in 3 he is a prophet and a messenger from Allah
just like Moses ,Nouh Abraham Jonah and others

if you want to avoid hell you have to believe that Allah is the only god
and Muhammed is his messenger and do good deeds

when you believe in Muhammed that means you believe in Jesus and Moses and all the previous true prophets.

Allah did not send all those prophets to make us have dispute
but he send them to give us the same message from him

to worship him alone and to abey him and to live on his planet according to his rules then you will be saved and included in his mercy.

The Koran teaches that Jesus was a false Messiah decieved people into THINKING he was the Messiah, and used trickery to fool people into thinking he was crucified.

My question is: Why do you wish peace apon someone who lies and decieves? And for that matter, why do you wish peace apon Muhammad, who was a known murderer, liar, slave-rapist, and a pedophile? You love evil.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:22 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,098,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
The Koran teaches that Jesus was a false Messiah decieved people into THINKING he was the Messiah, and used trickery to fool people into thinking he was crucified.

My question is: Why do you wish peace apon someone who lies and decieves? And for that matter, why do you wish peace apon Muhammad, who was a known murderer, liar, slave-rapist, and a pedophile? You love evil.
Your words only indicate you have no knowledge of Islam. I do not know what sources you get your information from, but it is all alien to what we believe.

The Qur'an speaks of the true Prophethood of Jesus(PBUH) in 29 different Chapters (Surahs) of the Qur'an. It speaks of the truth of his virgin Birth, the many Miracles done through him and his being lifted up to heaven, where he now waits until his return to reign and bring and destroy the anti-Christ.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:22 PM

912 posts, read 827,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
"Man keeps looking for a Truth that fits his reality. Given man's reality, the Truth doesn't fit."
Werner Erhardt
Pawporri,

If we keep looking for the truth.....that means we don't know what it is.
So how.....can we know if it fits or not ?

Whos this Weiner guy anyway?

Old 05-24-2011, 01:30 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,728,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
Pawporri,

If we keep looking for the truth.....that means we don't know what it is.
So how.....can we know if it fits or not ?

Whos this Weiner guy anyway?
You can Google Werner Erhard quotes.

A human being can find truth in his inner experience, but he needs a clear knowledge of the facts to apply his personal discovery of truth to the ruthlessly practical demands of everyday life. Simply put: When you peel the onion you only find another layer to have to learn about so now more education is required to advance. Then you "keep looking for a truth that fits" the new reality the previous truth led you to.
Some state that truth is immutable. But the fetish of factualized truth, fossilized truth, the iron band of so-called unchanging truth, holds one blindly in a closed circle of cold fact. One can be technically right as to fact and everlastingly wrong in the truth.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
You can Google Werner Erhard quotes.

A human being can find truth in his inner experience, but he needs a clear knowledge of the facts to apply his personal discovery of truth to the ruthlessly practical demands of everyday life. Simply put: When you peel the onion you only find another layer to have to learn about so now more education is required to advance. Then you "keep looking for a truth that fits" the new reality the previous truth led you to.
Some state that truth is immutable. But the fetish of factualized truth, fossilized truth, the iron band of so-called unchanging truth, holds one blindly in a closed circle of cold fact. One can be technically right as to fact and everlastingly wrong in the truth.
1) Thats your interpetation and I disagree with available reason. (later if required)
2) Will address above :

Perhaps some peel the onion back and find a qualification of truth rather than above suggestion of a "challenge to truth" The remark above is relative.

I will demomstrate and show absense in all data available.

The have to learn about as mentioned above is a fundemental reality all about what..?

Growth, becoming.

Growth is truth. Objectivly, above interpetation is a relative frustration to required effort in growth. Truth in this regard is..."frustration" a found truth

Life is...growth....progress

This is the... truth. These mind benders are very easy for me for some reason.

So we have one distinct truth....and two applications. 1) weak 2) strong and healthy

1) The "truth" representing above entry is that of....frustration(frustration is the seed to learning...growth in its immature state.

2) The "truth" representing my entry is that of continuance in growth through learning asin growth itself
All truth...all growth representing a mature state.

In 1 and 2 above we learn that there is only one truth that of continued growth and "relative"
levels of individual state. This justifies uniqueness in individuality.

If you represented quote properly, above would show two mistakes this guy made.

Last edited by Blue Hue; 05-24-2011 at 03:23 PM..

Old 05-24-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
1) Thats your interpetation and I disagree with available reason. (later if required)
2) Will address above :

Perhaps some peel the onion back and find a qualification of truth rather than above suggestion of a "challenge to truth" The remark above is relative.

I will demomstrate and show absense in all data available.

The have to learn about as mentioned above is a fundemental reality all about what..?

Growth, becoming.

Growth is truth. Objectivly, above interpetation is a relative frustration to required effort in growth. Truth in this regard is..."frustration" a found truth

Life is...growth....progress

This is the... truth. These mind benders are very easy for me for some reason.

So we have one distinct truth....and two applications. 1) weak 2) strong and healthy

1) The "truth" representing above entry is that of....frustration(frustration is the seed to learning...growth in its immature state.

2) The "truth" representing my entry is that of continuance in growth through learning asin growth itself
All truth...all growth representing a mature state.

In 1 and 2 above we learn that there is only one truth that of continued growth and "relative"
levels of individual state. This justifies uniqueness in individuality.

If you represented quote properly, above would show two mistakes this guy made.
You are falsely labeling thirst for knowledge as frustration.

Logic fail...........

Old 05-25-2011, 01:57 AM

Quote:
You are falsely labeling thirst for knowledge as frustration.

Logic fail...........
We are going by your interpetation...You havn't changed or altered for this entry, so heres my reply: I will explain ....again

The looking for Truth, uncovers the quest itself to be the ultimate "Truth"

Now, if one does not recognize that the looking for truth is actually in fact the reality in existence or Truth in mans meaning, then he keeps looking

Looking and looking, all the while engaged in the learning process which serves as the meaning he is searching for. So, he in this case is frustrated in the peeling of the onion as you compared it to.

The thing he's looking for is actually what he is actively doing..."looking"

Therefore the COMPLAINT that it never fits is not a general THIRST for knowledge but a complaint or FRUSTRATION. Do you not see this, relative to the statement?
"He is making a remark, relative to searching "precisely" for truth"...... and reveals absolute ignorance.

The complaining after complaining that it never fits is logical relative to the
reasonable expectation in the ability to... reason. It should fit, says the frustrated complaint. Otherwise he would give up looking.

But he cannot. He cannot because it is the looking , learning, growing which serves mans meaning for Truth.

If you are having trouble can you explain clearly.

Last edited by Blue Hue; 05-25-2011 at 02:44 AM.. Reason: afterthought

Old 05-25-2011, 09:21 AM

No trouble now that you have clarified. W/O getting too far off the topic of this thread I believe the terms "Truth" & "Reality" need to be defined to form a starting point for a very interesting discussion.
On the thread "Contradictions Between Atheism & Science" your #310 Post helped me to further understand your vantage point. I don't see it as a precise statement in my intrepretation but as a "looking, learning etc." as in your above caption. I can see how the Erhard quote can be seen as a double entendre that would beg for further explanation, which you requested at the outset.
I would be happy to start a new thread on spirituality as it relates to truth & reality. Sounds very interesting to me.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
No trouble now that you have clarified. W/O getting too far off the topic of this thread I believe the terms "Truth" & "Reality" need to be defined to form a starting point for a very interesting discussion.
On the thread "Contradictions Between Atheism & Science" your #310 Post helped me to further understand your vantage point. I don't see it as a precise statement in my intrepretation but as a "looking, learning etc." as in your above caption. I can see how the Erhard quote can be seen as a double entendre that would beg for further explanation, which you requested at the outset.
I would be happy to start a new thread on spirituality as it relates to truth & reality. Sounds very interesting to me.
Thanks, will follow your lead re interesting topic...and thread suggestion sounds really interesting

( I think if he did not use word "reality" there would have been an open door for interpetation to follow against my suggested precise target, I feel he is guilty as charged (opinion)

("Man keeps looking for a Truth that fits his reality. Given man's reality, the Truth doesn't fit."
Werner Erhardt)

.................................................. ........................................
Back to topic sorry for interruption. Basically my opinion is that the suggestions on behalf of some of the Muslim effort to dis-mantle Christianity in meaning or "other" in fact backfires .

Backfires because it is challenge orientated. Many Christians may not have experienced an outside challenge causing refreshment in faith, by way of perceiving outside interference .

There wouldbe two targets for the Muslim initiative...
1) the weak Christian
2) the strong Christian
Strategy...
It could be surmized that the weak Christian is the ideal target. Great numbers may be percieved as falling away from practice. Practice, however is not and does not confirm conviction.

This is part of the Muslim "error" in attack

The second error in Muslim strategy, concerns momentum. The momentum of their cheif target that being the lazy Christians is there guess in , a state of digress. The momentum is then
without interest or need in devotion. Therefore...in order to accelerate the non-interest in Christianity among the "weaker category"....outright freedom and debauchery would be consistent with momentum and increase their effort to....dismantle Christianity.
So, we see an exact opposite plan, attempting to impart further rigid ethic and regiment to the greater group who represent the lazy ones..I think this is a major marketing error

I don't think the Muslim attack on Christianity is at all well thought out

The greater the push to dismantle Christianity on a percieved weak majority. The greater the suggested weak majority will be distracted from their distraction to the free and easy life.
The greater the attack , the less. Muslim world exposure and attempted influence is rejuvenating Christianity.

Last edited by Blue Hue; 05-25-2011 at 12:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality