Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 07:06 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
But the basic Christian faith condemns everyone to eternal damnation if they do not believe in Jesus Christ. That to me is the most arrogant religious statement in the history of human kind. If one thinks about it this answer from Jesus himself backs that belief:

John 14

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
It's been interpreted that way but if they understood the original message, they would think different. That statement means that we are to live life the way Jesus did (with love) we would find the Truth within us and our lives would then become perfect as God is perfect by acquiring Divine Lvoe. We don't have to believe in the man but when we believe in the message of Love, we can becomem greater than Jesus was when He was on earth. It's all about within us and nothing to do with the outside of us.

Now that I have found the true message of Jesus, I no longer have to go to Jesus with my prayers. I actually go straight to God. We all have that direct line.

We do have some messages from Buddha and Mohammad. They both have went the path of Jesus, by praying for and receiving Divine Love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 07:08 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,214,916 times
Quote:
But the basic Christian faith condemns everyone to eternal damnation if they do not believe in Jesus Christ. That to me is the most arrogant religious statement in the history of human kind. If one thinks about it this answer from Jesus himself backs that belief:

John 14

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Melvin...surely you've studied enough of the origins of the bible to know that not all sayings attributed to Jesus are actually Jesus words. Let God speak to you in the stillness. Jesus showed us the way to achieve Christ consciousness...the same way he did...it's high time Christians started actually following him by looking for the Kingdom WITHIN...which is the only place it can be found.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:57 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,562 times
Quote:
But the basic Christian faith condemns everyone to eternal damnation if they do not believe in Jesus Christ.

But the basic Islamic faith condemns everyone to eternal damnation if they do not believe in Allah.

Notice a similarity, an identical running theme?

Give it time, it'll come to you and you may eventually get it.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:59 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
But the basic Islamic faith condemns everyone to eternal damnation if they do not believe in Allah.

Notice a similarity, an identical running theme?

Give it time, it'll come to you and you may eventually get it.
All religions are man made BS. That's the truth.

Eventually come to me? Surely you jest. I'm 77 years old and I've read the history of most of the major religious beliefs on the planet. It's BS.

When somebody sells you a product and you pay all your life but have to wait till you're dead to collect...LMAO!

Old 05-17-2011, 08:41 AM

439 posts, read 556,627 times
Quote:
When somebody sells you a product and you pay all your life but have to wait till you're dead to collect ... !

we are not talking about somebody
we are talking about the one who created you

who made you exist
who put you in this planet
who you are going to return to him
who will reward or punish

who is still giving you a chance until the last minutes of your life to reconsider and beleive that he is the only god and Muhammed is his messenger and jesus is his messenger and moses is his messenger and all the true messengers.

before you were not exist
now you are existing in this planet
you are existing after you were not existing
you also are going to exist after you were existing
but not in this planet
and you will be only in one of two places

And he strikes out a likeness for Us and forgets his own creation. Says he: Who will give life to the bones when they are rotten?

Say: He will give life to them Who brought them into existence at first, and He is cognizant of all creation

He Who has made for you the fire (to burn) from the green tree, so that with it you kindle (fire).

Is not He Who created the heavens and the earth able to create the like of them? Yea! and He is the Creator (of all), the Knower.

His command, when He intends anything, is only to say to it: Be, so it is.

Therefore glory be to Him in Whose hand is the kingdom of all things, and to Him you shall be brought back. The Noble Quran

The Lord of the heavens and the earth and what is between them, so serve Him and be patient in His service. Do you know any one equal to Him?

And says man: What! when I am dead shall I truly be brought forth alive?

Does not man remember that We created him before, when he was nothing?
The Noble Quran

Old 05-17-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
we are not talking about somebody
we are talking about the one who created you

who made you exist
who put you in this planet
who you are going to return to him
who will reward or punish

who is still giving you a chance until the last minutes of your life to reconsider and beleive that he is the only god and Muhammed is his messenger and jesus is his messenger and moses is his messenger and all the true messengers.

before you were not exist
now you are existing in this planet
you are existing after you were not existing
you also are going to exist after you were existing
but not in this planet
and you will be only in one of two places
And he strikes out a likeness for Us and forgets his own creation. Says he: Who will give life to the bones when they are rotten?

Say: He will give life to them Who brought them into existence at first, and He is cognizant of all creation

He Who has made for you the fire (to burn) from the green tree, so that with it you kindle (fire).

Is not He Who created the heavens and the earth able to create the like of them? Yea! and He is the Creator (of all), the Knower.

His command, when He intends anything, is only to say to it: Be, so it is.

Therefore glory be to Him in Whose hand is the kingdom of all things, and to Him you shall be brought back. The Noble Quran

The Lord of the heavens and the earth and what is between them, so serve Him and be patient in His service. Do you know any one equal to Him?

And says man: What! when I am dead shall I truly be brought forth alive?

Does not man remember that We created him before, when he was nothing?
The Noble Quran

BS...all religion came from ignorant, primitive mankind. Without the brainwashing of each generation of gullible infants and small children the worship of ancient gods would have passed long ago. It's still coming...a time when mankind can get his head out of his posterior and live a good life just for the satisfaction of doing it.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:36 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,194,708 times
We can only hope that time comes before the believers get us all killed.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:07 PM

439 posts, read 556,627 times
Quote:
who is still giving you a chance until the last minutes of your life to reconsider and beleive that he is the only god and Muhammed is his messenger and jesus is his messenger and moses is his messenger and all the true messengers.......

i forgot to mention as long as the sun is rising from the east

because the door of repent will be closed when the sun rise from the west

every day the sun rise from the east but one day the sun will rise from the west.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
i forgot to mention as long as the sun is rising from the east

because the door of repent will be closed when the sun rise from the west

every day the sun rise from the east but one day the sun will rise from the west.
LMAO! They thought the earth was flat.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:02 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,090,997 times
Quote:
LMAO! They thought the earth was flat.
Odd in the Quran the earth is described as being shaped like an Ostrich egg. I don't think any one even 1400 yeas ago would call an Ostrich egg flat, unless the only one they saw was fried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality