Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 09:14 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,787,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Why is always about the gays? It's not only homosexuality that Christianity says is wrong and an abomination. It also includes divorce, adultery, having children out of wedlock, premarital relations, etc.
Because most Christians ignore all the other sins, as they are the ones most guilty of them. Gays are an easy target for them, so it's the #1 sin to fight against (#2 being abortion).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
If you think Christians are homo-hate-mongering because of what the OT says about homosexuality, then that means you accuse Jesus of being the king hate-monger. If you are accusing Jesus of being a Homo-hater because he took to the OT, that is your freedom. I personnaly think you'd be making a BIG mistake if you did.
Jesus never quoted Leviticus nor did ever say a word against gays. Levitical laws were laws of the Israelites - specifically and only for them. Hence why it calls those sins "cultural taboos".

Old 05-14-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawdog View Post
You're fortunate you don't live in an Islamic country if you are homosexual. They are murdered in Iran if openly homosexual. I can't think of any true Christians the believe in beheading someone because of their sexual behavior.

What you do in the privacy of your home is your business. Just respect my beliefs as I do yours, and don't make your behaviors public. It's truly that simple.
Perhaps you haven't been reading the news. Uganda, a country with a higher percentage of Christians than the United States, is trying to pass the "kill the gays" bill.

So much for that theory huh?

Old 05-14-2011, 09:22 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,397,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Perhaps you haven't been reading the news. Uganda, a country with a higher percentage of Christians than the United States, is trying to pass the "kill the gays" bill.

So much for that theory huh?
And certain groups of American Christian Evangelists have done their fair share of fanning the homophobic flames in Uganda.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
That's because you are confusing weed with the wheat. Anyone can call himself a Christian. But Jesus said that only those who lead a Christian life are Christians. False Christians, Jesus said, would be known by their fruits or their sinful behavior. So what you are pointing out are hipocrites who don't represent Christianity at all. They just claim to do so and can not be used as an example of how Christians should behave. Neither can any spiritual shepherd who winks at their sinning be considered a true shepherd of Christ's spiritual flock.
You do realize I include you in that group then based on your posting behavior?

It's always amusing when the nastiest, most rabidly anti-gay like to make the claim that other Christians are not "true Christians", because they don't behave like Christ.

This just in.. none of you do!

Old 05-14-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
Everyone else is expected to change their behaviior in order to abide by God's will so why should homos demand to be an exception?
That same demand can be made by adulterers, fornicators, pedophiles, bestialists, masochists and sadists. Why not just burn the Bible and get it over with? That would be more sincere.
Unless those people are Christian, no they're not expected to change their behavior - they don't give a darn about your beliefs.

For those gays that are Christian, trust me, they've tried to deal with and hand it over to God. Praying for decades for him to change their orientation with no luck. Countless suicide attempts. Praying to God for 30-40 years asking if he still loves them for being gay, and if he's okay with it (and yes I know one of these people, and God always reassures him that he doesn't have a problem with him being gay). Of course, you will no doubt claim Satan keeps telling him being gay is ok, not God. Because afterall, if God were really talking to him, he'd agree your beliefs.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
And certain groups of American Christian Evangelists have done their fair share of fanning the homophobic flames in Uganda.
Yup. The Family on C Street in DC, includes several prominent Christian pastors and congressmen. They were the ones who helped Uganda develop the kill the gays bill.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:30 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,229,525 times
...not sure how anyone can worship anything...other than maybe a Harley or a hot Stripper.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:48 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,103,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You do realize I include you in that group then based on your posting behavior?

It's always amusing when the nastiest, most rabidly anti-gay like to make the claim that other Christians are not "true Christians", because they don't behave like Christ.

This just in.. none of you do!
Well I am not Christian, but I agree with the stand most Christians take against Homosexuality. I also agree I do not behave like Christ(as). I wish I did He is one of our most loved Prophets(as) but I am not capable of reaching the levelof perfection he did.

Homosexuality is a sexual preference be it inate or learned it makes no difference. the simple fact is it, along with many other sexual preferences, is not acceptable for most of us who follow any of the monotheistic Abrahamic faiths.

We all have sexual preferences and desires we need to suppress or control if we are to obey God(swt). Many of our desires are no easier to suppress than the desires of homosexuality. But to serve God(swt) we must do so.

A pious man was once told by his therapist that it was unhealthy for him to suppress his desires and he needs to loosen up and follow his desires. He agreed to do so. Later he met back with his therapist and the therapist asked him if he had allowed his his desires to be filled. He said he did and it made him feel much better, but now he has been banned from MacDonalds for life.

The Homosexual who gives into his desires is risking much more than being banned from MacDonalds.

The manager of the MacDonalds probably loved the money that man spent in MacDonalds, but he hated the act the man did. It is not hatred of the man that got him kicked out of MacDonalds. it is what he does that got him kicked out.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:57 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,172,616 times
Islamic bigots and Christian bigots...All the same to me...They both disgust me equally. Why in hell can you not mind your own business?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality