Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 04:56 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times

Advertisements

Ok, but consider the danger.......you might change your mindset!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 06:59 AM

4 posts, read 4,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The "gospel" of Barnabas has been widely accepted as a forgery. It was written long after the rest of the Biblical books--well after Barnabas was dead.

Jesus most definitely IS God. He was crucified, and Paul was an apostle that Jesus commissioned to the Gentiles.

There are no prophecies about muhammed. He was a lying, murderous warlord.
Dear friend,please respect others beliefs.it seems that you have not read bible,or at least some parts of it.so i will start with barnaba himself,then i will write about paul and then the bible which is barnaba`s.
ok,lets start with Acts,4:36 and 37:
4:36 ** And Joseph, who was given by the Apostles the name of Barnabas (the sense of which is, Son of comfort), a Levite and a man of Cyprus by birth,
4:37 ** Having a field, got money for it and put the money at the feet of the Apostles.
it is the first time in bible which barnabas name is mentioned.by saying having field,it means he was there before.F.F Bruce in the book:Acts a commentary says that:Barnaba was one of the jews of cyprus that he had some relatives and a field in jerusalem.it is said that barnaba was at first one of the Gamaliel students.and as Acts:3:22 says,Paul was teached by him too.so it is the time that they become friend.there is a but here,it was paul which never saw Jesus and his hatred is mentioned in bible after christ went to skies.in Acts,8:1-4,9:1,26:10.
8:1 ** And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.
8:2 ** And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.
8:3 ** As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.
8:4 ** Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.
9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
26:10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.
but then some day he claims that jesus accepts him(Acts,9:3-6)and then it is barnaba which ask others to forgive paul accept him:Acts,9:26-28.
till now it was a biography of barnaba and paul.it was quiet short,i know.i will explain more on next posts,but please respect others.
thank you,best regards...

Old 03-29-2013, 07:24 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,463,489 times
when did islam become the religion of the antichrist? it seems that this is a new thing, ever since islam began to really grow, maybe last 15 yrs. how come the so-called prophet teachers did not get it right 50 yrs ago. If they did not get it right, then they were all false prophets.
it use to be that the catholic church would usher in the antichrist,now that has changed, so those "prophets who were wrong about the catholic church are also false prophets. islam is just a boogieman that is easy to point the finger to.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:58 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsen_71 View Post
so it is the fun that u answer one your basic needs,curiosity...
Well, ok, but think of the danger: a person could change his mindset!

Old 03-29-2013, 01:21 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,090,997 times
There seems to be some misunderstanding about the Mehdi. the Mehdi along with Jesus(as) will destroy the Dajal (anti-Christ) and together form the next and final Caliphate.

If one calls himself the Mehdi and he is not accompanied by Jesus(as) he is not the Mehdi.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:43 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsen_71 View Post
Dear friend,please respect others beliefs.it seems that you have not read bible,or at least some parts of it.so i will start with barnaba himself,then i will write about paul and then the bible which is barnaba`s.
I'm sorry. You are telling me to "respect others", then you proceed to try to trash my religion. Your understanding of Jesus and the Bible are severely lacking. Anyone who thinks the Gospel of Barnabas is authentic is just plain mistaken.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:43 PM

I should point out there is also another common belief about the Mehdi (Mahdi) that being he will not be seen until after Jesus(as) returns, destroys the Dajjal (antiChrist) and leads all the Jews and Christians to Islam.

You can read more about that view HERE

But either view places Jesus(as) and the Mehdi together to form the final Caliphate. In the final days You can not follow the Mehdi without following Jesus(as) and you can not follow Jesus(as) without following the Mehdi. They will be ruling the caliphate together.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:31 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,609,474 times
Wow, Muslims are sure a patient breed, not that I agree with their beliefs (I don't agree with any religion so I'm not singling anyone out) but they do handle their "head on a plater" as the antichrist with grace I must say and that's admirable.

The worse part is soon enough some group of idiots acts on these assumptions. Not like you can ignore your parents telling you that your new Islamic friend from school is involved with the antichrist. Some bully is just waiting for an excuse like this to beat a Muslim to a pulp. My advice, stop fueling needless fires. Have some respect. Atheists don't represent Satan, and Islam isn't the antichrist.

Mr. or Mrs. op, what if you're wrong about this? It's a pretty sever accusation, I mean, it's the antichrist, not just any ole' guy.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:29 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,762,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
They will be ruling the caliphate together.
According to any who go against Jesus and the Bible. You are wrong of course, but you have a right yo your views.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
According to any who go against Jesus and the Bible. You are wrong of course, but you have a right yo your views.
Thank You.

I strongly believe I am correct on this and admit my views when I was a Christian were wrong. It was difficult to come to terms with having been wrong for over 45 years, but finally had to accept the truth.

I am quite content with my choice of accepting Islam and Praise and Thank Allaah(swt) with every breath for leading me to the truth.

I strongly support your right to believe as you do and I believe the Qur'an when it tells me:

There is to be no compulsion in religion.
Quote:
The Noble Qur'an

Surah 109 To the Disbelievers

Say, "O disbelievers,

I do not worship what you worship.

Nor are you worshippers of what I worship.

Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship.

Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship.

For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."
I pray that every person believes from their own choice and based upon what they them self have verified to be true.

Peace be with you and may you always receive 10 times more than what you desire for others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality