Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 02:33 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,594,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post

So really all of the attributes you think "spirit" has are the same attributes it would have if it simply was not there and did not exist. It can not be seen, can not be located, can not be measured, tested or anything else at all. Just as if it did not exist and was something you just entirely made up.

Funny that. And quite telling.

Well I don't complettely understand what it is, but I have my theorys. A Spirit is something that comes out of Gods mind, or out of himself. Look at it this way; God is consciousness, ( or life). He is the greatest and the source of consciousness, his consciousness is the most powerful, or his " Spirit" is the most powerful. All things that are conscious, have " One Spirit", God has " Seven Spirits." Which is to say that God has seven seperate consciousness, which is simply astounding! And I'll get more into this later.

God is said to have " Breathed the breath of life" into the first " Conscious human." Which I think was Adam. He created his body first, THEN gave it life by blowing into Adam what I believe was Consciousness, which I also view to be Gods " Image"-- consciousness.

So a Spirit can be these things; a peice of Gods consciousness, and, a part of the " Breath of God"-- ( or something that was in God, that he put into the human).

Old 08-23-2011, 02:42 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Well I have put a lot of thought to this, and its my only conclusion; Because of animals and primordal man, I think God will install a dormant spirit in certain of his creations. I don't know why, but I believe it. I have my own theorys, but their just quesses. I think he gave primordal man a dormant consciousness, and animals. They could and can think, but only on instincts, but they have a spirit of life. Some have very high instincts, which I think can give the illusion of an active intelligent consciousness, can be interpited as a mature mobile working consciousness;

But I do not interpit that high level of instinct as a working consciousness with morals, memory, ability to " see into the consciousness of others", the vigor of mind to introduce yourself, introspective psychology, and ability to ponder philosophical solutions; these are Consciousness, animals and primordal man didnot, do not have this, not in my view.

Their consciousness is cosmetic.
Ah! hah! You've hit on something there. Morals! The animals are conscious. I'am guessing perhaps there is a question of how conscious are they?
When a persons consciousness is assessed the assessor will measure 3 spheres: person, place and time. That's all it takes to have consciousness-awareness. Animals are aware but I'am uncertain as to who really has the morals. Them, us or we?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Ah! hah! You've hit on something there. Morals! The animals are conscious. I'am guessing perhaps there is a question of how conscious are they?
When a persons consciousness is assessed the assessor will measure 3 spheres: person, place and time. That's all it takes to have consciousness-awareness. Animals are aware but I'am uncertain as to who really has the morals. Them, us or we?

Animals don't have morals, only conscious beings have morals. It is impossible for morality to be a result of evolution or two animals mating. Animals cannot speak or have intelligent working verbal languages, humanity is not continous with the idiot hierarchies of speechless apes, because they do not have the same " Spirit as humans." Mans conscious faculties couldnot have possibly been developed by means of the same laws which have determined the progressive development of the organic and animal world.

God made " A personal investment in humanity."

Old 08-23-2011, 02:52 PM

Mickiel I have question for you.
Do you believe the snake in the Biblical Garden of Eden was metaphorical? I don't have a rebuttal I'am just curious about your take on it.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Animals don't have morals, only conscious beings have morals. It is impossible for morality to be a result of evolution or two animals mating. Animals cannot speak or have intelligent working verbal languages, humanity is not continous with the idiot hierarchies of speechless apes, because they do not have the same " Spirit as humans." Mans conscious faculties couldnot have possibly been developed by means of the same laws which have determined the progressive development of the organic and animal world.

Man's moral have sharpened/cultivated mostly as a result of cause and effect (social evolution).

Old 08-23-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Mickiel I have question for you.
Do you believe the snake in the Biblical Garden of Eden was metaphorical? I don't have a rebuttal I'am just curious about your take on it.
Well the Genesis account is misunderstood, the bible first calls the being " A Serpent", which God later cursed and made it then crawl on its belly ( a snake, or a humbled existance) But I do think much of it is metaphor, yes. Symbolism for sure. But meaningful symbolism, I mean , they mean something, of which many disagree on.

I think God created satan, and he may well be a " Serpent", or a " Dragon." But NOT the kind of dragon that humans understand and picture. However these dragons look, I think God created a lot of them. Would he let one of these awesome dragons be seen by Adam and Eve, no, that makes no sense at all. So I think God changed the form of satan, into something that wouldnot scare the life out of them.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:09 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:

Are you saying they can't communicate with each other?
Are you sure it's just that we're too ignorant to be able to understand them?
In many cases, they can understand us.
"Stanley Coren, a psychologist who has performed a significant amount of research on the subject of dog intelligence, suggests that average trained dogs know about 160 words"
HowStuffWorks "How many words do dogs understand?"

Old 08-23-2011, 03:12 PM

7,801 posts, read 6,378,901 times
Quote:
Well I don't complettely understand what it is, but I have my theorys.
As do I and mine are quite simple. There is much about ourselves that we have yet to discover and understand. There are open questions that the only answer we currently have is "I do not know".

But as a species we hate that phrase. We hate not knowing. So we make stuff up so we can have answers instead of no answers.

"Spirit" is just a place holder for "I dont know". Everything you do not understand about yourself and humanity you simply call "spirit" and start acting like it is something magical or special.

There is no evidence, argument, data or reasons to support the idea there is a "god" or some magical "spirit" or any of that hokum. There are simply open questions. Questions that thankfully some of the best of our species are working on answering and I wish them luck and enjoy reading their findings.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post

There is no evidence, argument, data or reasons to support the idea there is a "god" or some magical "spirit" or any of that hokum. There are simply open questions. Questions that thankfully some of the best of our species are working on answering and I wish them luck and enjoy reading their findings.

Well I certainly disagree with this, there is plenty of evidence that God exist. If I may construct a short list of the evidence;

Human Consciousness.

Biogenesis.

Biblical Archaeology.

The earths rotation.

The Moon receding.

Saturn cooling.

The earths magnectic feild.

Human emotion.

Carbon 14.

The human eye.

The cosmological arguement.

Order in the universe.

Hummingbirds.

Irreducible Complexity.

Females.

Atheist.

The Australlian termite.

Love.

The rainbow.

Language.

Human history.

There is plenty of evidence, just none that many will accept.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:40 PM

33,562 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel

I disagree...Many animals communicate, but we do not understand their language...That is our failing, not theirs. To think that we are above all other creatures is the height of conceit.

How do you suppose the Orcas did this without intelligence, planning and communication?

Orcas Attack Seal - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality