Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2011, 04:05 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,929,816 times

Advertisements

If you believe in reincarnation, what do you think your particular PURPOSE is in this life on Earth is and do you believe you are fulfilling your purpose?

Related to that, what LESSONS have you learned so far in your life that would be beneficial to you in future lives?

For myself, I think my purpose was to take care of some other people and to maybe spread some information to increase some people's consciousness . . . I think I have done an ok job at some of the caring for others . . .nothing too significant in increasing consciousness . . . maybe just a tad with a handful of people . . .

As for what I personally have learned that has been positive - maybe to be independent . . .

I don't feel there is a lot of continuing reason to remain in the Earthly realm, but I am open to possibilities . . .

I think a lot of life is just a waste of time, in terms of doing what "we" might have come here to do. There are so many distractions . . . the problems solved are more of the "putting out fires" variety and for the most part, most of them seem to add little to the overall experience (in terms of learning).

What do you think your special purpose is/was and have you/are you fulfilling it and what have you learned that will be of value to you on your continuing spiritual journey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 04:40 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
I must say I have learned many things amongst the catalog is the confirmation I sure as hell do not want to reincarnate, to the earth especially and I don't know about the other places (I might be lower on the food-chain and I don't want the animals or ??? to do unto me as I have done unto them). I've contributed. When I'am done here I'am done.
Do you hear me God?....please!

Old 10-17-2011, 05:29 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,929,816 times
I hear ya. I feel that most of what I have learned has been negative - as in people are disappointing and will let you down, etc. Not great, uplifting stuff.

There must be a reason for this existence, though.

I do feel that my life is pretty good and that I have it better than 90% of people on the planet, and even at that, I don't like it here much. I feel disappointed that I can't be more grateful but it just seems pretty messy and overall, disappointing.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:32 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
everything the old people told me was true.
all the wisdom of the bible darma and quran the founding fathers was true
people lie a great deal more than i ever imagined.
to the extent that you listened to the old ones you had a good life.
do not be bitter or angry bek you did not.
your mistakes r your practice for next time.
namase
if you are alive still and can read this say
om mani pati um (come to the light)
many times each day
it will alter your karma.
namase

Old 10-23-2011, 10:11 AM

4 posts, read 3,896 times
Good question! I would say I have learned a huge amount and began to understand it only late in life. In my case it was about a long time of making experiences and learning skills which I can now fruitfully apply. It is also not just an issue of one big purpose. It may be the case or not. But there are never ending possibilities every day for living a life with purpose by just being conscious of what we are doing and why. Disappointments are one of the challenges in life. We should not expect immediate rewards for any action we take. It requires perseverance and patience. How quick are we in letting positive intentions in? And, although I am not a conventional Christian, just think about the disappointments Jesus had to endure without ever giving up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality