Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 06:49 PM

38 posts, read 50,313 times

Advertisements

You can blame everything, the universe, space-time, humanity, war, pestilence on: ENTROPY...that's the culprit...enormous amount of negative ENTROPY is responsible for all of this..don't blame god, religion, or Darwin, Dawkins, or evolution. - Entropy did it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 12:55 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,063,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLover View Post
You can blame everything, the universe, space-time, humanity, war, pestilence on: ENTROPY...that's the culprit...enormous amount of negative ENTROPY is responsible for all of this..don't blame god, religion, or Darwin, Dawkins, or evolution. - Entropy did it!!!
Though Entropy is a major force shaping our universe, I would like to know what the rate of Entropy is... and how it can be combated.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:50 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,912,983 times
Default The Conundra Twins

I knew him once, when I was at University in Engineering. Also his cute sister Enthalpy. Quite a pair, if you ask me!

We used to call 'em "The Conundra Twins"; take 'em or leave 'em, but by Gawd; they'll never change, no matter what! (My yearbook also says their last name was Boltzmann. A pretty consistent last name in those days...)

(PS: I snuck a picture of Enthalpy one dark night when she didn't know I was watching her bare herself...

Image Detail for - http://www.sdm.kiev.ua/img/refregerants/risp3.gif

Entropy was a just bit harder to "capture", but here He is, all dreadlocked'n'stuff!!... But.. but.... How did I know this was Him before snapping His picture? You'll just have-tah have "faith", which shouldn't be hard for most of you, what with all your practice, right?

Image Detail for - http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090719011229/gw/images/0/0d/Entropy_motivator-5070.jpg

(PS: this stuff is even hard for God to understand. But I do... Good thing I made Him in my own image, huh???)

PPS: Lumi-Truth: Entropy can, and occasionally does, wilfully reverse itself. "Order" actually does become the "order" of the day [or millenium, as the case may be...], as in the self-assorting of DNA into... well... us! (One of the faithful illiterati's standard blah-blah talking-point arguments, if they want to appear well educated, is to sneer that "if Entropy is always increasing, howscome it decreased by the formation of "organized" life?" Well, first, they'd best do a tiny bit of 1st year physics/thermodynamics reading, instead of letting others who are demonstrably idiots, do it for them. Why let others let you down, after all?).

Undt Zo; I'm off for a hot/cold date with Enthalpy. I'm hoping for a conversion to something or other....

It's Entropy's end-game net effect that is inevitable, unless of course, the Universe as we think we know it (and Christians claim to completely understand it via God's Holy HandiWork... hee hee...) might be indeed reversible, and/or at the very least a net-zero-sum game, in which case you can't increase or decrease anything for free.

Last edited by rifleman; 11-05-2011 at 11:08 AM..

Old 11-05-2011, 02:39 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,109,845 times
Who says the christian God is the right one? Does that never cross the mind of people who believe "just to be safe"? I'm pretty sure if this God were real, He'd know if somebody were sincere in their beliefs of not. Pascal's Wager really is a dumb proposition when you think about it.

Belief is something you either have or don't. It's as simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality