Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,328,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I think it is you who needs to learn about biology...Actually you should have done it before posting such nonsense...The only body heat that any cold blooded creature can give off is what they have absorbed from a heat source such as the sun, directly or indirectly...Unlike warm blooded creatures they do not manufacture their own, so that pretty much destroys your theory that it is some kind of "life force energy" that makes body heat.
What is the sun? Aside from being an awesome ball of fire and gases, it is a source of energy. We absorb that energy as do other living things with out that single source of energy, what would happen? Then there is wind, water, etc. There are sources of energy all around us, deprive any living thing of all energy and what happens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 08:56 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
What is the sun? Aside from being an awesome ball of fire and gases, it is a source of energy. We absorb that energy as do other living things with out that single source of energy, what would happen? Then there is wind, water, etc. There are sources of energy all around us, deprive any living thing of all energy and what happens?
What has this to do with your "life force energy" belief, or is that all it is? Nothing spiritual at all in that case, but just natural...

What exactly do you believe in regards to "life force energy"? What is it, and what does it do for you? Is it Vedantic philosophy? Is it Chakras which supposedly collect life force energy and transform and pass on energy?

Is it chi, the belief that everything in creation is made up of electromagnetic energy vibrating at different frequencies that correspond to sound, light and color? Leave it to you, if it's waaaaay out there you will believe it...

Old 11-16-2011, 09:36 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times
Quote:
What has this to do with your "life force energy" belief, or is that all it is? Nothing spiritual at all in that case, but just natural...

What exactly do you believe in regards to "life force energy"? What is it, and what does it do for you? Is it Vedantic philosophy? Is it Chakras which supposedly collect life force energy and transform and pass on energy?

Is it chi, the belief that everything in creation is made up of electromagnetic energy vibrating at different frequencies that correspond to sound, light and color? Leave it to you, if it's waaaaay out there you will believe it...
I think the bigger question is does he believe this "life force energy" is intelligent" and "aware"...... that would answer a lot.

I took him up on his offer early this morning to expand to me through DM, on his belief in this "life force enrgy" but thus far he haan't made good on his offer....

Old 11-16-2011, 09:38 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,841,010 times
Quote:

In any case, life-force-energy is not the original Sin, nor paradise being lost. It must be the thing we still don't know about in the garden of Eden.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:

Without this energy, we would not heal or survive. It obviously gives us life, I believe that this energy can be passed on not only through chemical reaction and absorption from the direct source of energy, but it can actually be transferred from one person to another person or animal. I also believe that certain objects can be "charged" with this energy for a period of time, some longer than others and depending on their use. I do believe "chakras" are balance, weakened, or strengthened because of this energy. The way I see it as do many others that I know, the chakras are directly in relation with the glads we have throughout our bodies. The third eye chakra represents consciousness. Sound, light, and color do play a part and science does back this up, retail stores use light, color, sound, AND smell to "help" you shop longer and what to buy. Many legitimate psychologists, doctors, and hospitals use them in their practice as well.

So, not so out there as you believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I think the bigger question is does he believe this "life force energy" is intelligent" and "aware"...... that would answer a lot.

I took him up on his offer early this morning to expand to me through DM, on his belief in this "life force enrgy" but thus far he haan't made good on his offer....
No, I do not associate any intelligent design to it or believe that it is aware in anyway. The only reason I have yet to respond to your DM is because I only have time later in the day to check posts, later tonight or tomorrow morning I will respond and tell you all about it and how I came to this decision if you want. For those that want to know here, I came to this belief not through conversion by a group or books. It has happened over the course of my life. As a child I believed these things and my parents where very Catholic and didn't believe in these things. For some reason I was always "aware" of these things, I observed how things worked and come to this conclusion vary early. Even when I went through various trial beliefs with the main religions, I believed these things. Finally I came upon the conclusion that I did not need to go to church to find truth or be told what was truth. I can freely observe the world around me and come upon my conclusions based on nature, science, and my own observations. As a child, when our pets were sick, I believed that if I held them or was in close proximity to them that I could transfer my healthy energy to them and they would heal faster. I had no idea what life force energy, chakras, chi, or anything else like that until about two years ago. So, yes I used logic to come to my own conclusion. However the actual practice or application cannot be tested using unopinionated(sp?) logic. At this time they are alogical. In time I am sure logic could be applied to prove or even disprove them or redefine them. Now, before someone chimes in and says this is unhealthy in practice. I do not believe you can rely on them alone, they are merely complimentary to actual medicine or treatment and that a person needs to be careful as it can amplify some illnesses before positive benefits can be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
In any case, life-force-energy is not the original Sin, nor paradise being lost. It must be the thing we still don't know about in the garden of Eden.
What?

Old 11-16-2011, 10:51 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,841,010 times
I'm the best as the ancient man.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:09 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,378,901 times
Quote:
So, not so out there as you believe.
Mainly because you do not actually appear to be saying anything, but using a lot of words to say it. You are evading actually adumbrating what you mean by this "life force energy" that you are imagining. You are simply making vague references to energy sources we already know about such as the sun.

At no point are you actually answering any of the questions about the energy YOU are talking about, telling us what it is, where it comes from, what it does, why you need to call it god and many more things.

Quote:
What?
Do not waste your time. tgonstic clearly just generates the majority of his posts using a random word generator. None of them mean anything.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:01 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,718,700 times
Quote:
Yeah, go back and read your biology books. All living things have and give off body heat
Including plants? All forms of bacteria?

Edit - never mind, he's already been corrected by people who understand reality.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Including plants? All forms of bacteria?

Edit - never mind, he's already been corrected by people who understand reality.
Sorry what I meant was energy. All living things give off and absorb/consume energy.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Mainly because you do not actually appear to be saying anything, but using a lot of words to say it. You are evading actually adumbrating what you mean by this "life force energy" that you are imagining. You are simply making vague references to energy sources we already know about such as the sun.

At no point are you actually answering any of the questions about the energy YOU are talking about, telling us what it is, where it comes from, what it does, why you need to call it god and many more things.
So you want greater detail but you also want a simple outline? Please, discuss among each other what you want and I will provide it.

Actually I told you exactly what it is, where it comes from and what it does. I do not need to call it God and not all people do. It happens naturally, as I said I don't associate any intellegent design or self-awareness to it. Go back and read what I posted. I did actually tell you what you ask for. Do you really want me to write a biology book about energy and how it works? Then tell you how it can be harnessed and used?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality