Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 01:43 PM

939 posts, read 1,030,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
We're still waiting for you to show your evidence that the Noah's ark story is true.
If you care to read it, I answered it in the previous post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Abiogenesis, just soz you can have a tiny part of your argument lightly based on fact, is still only an hypothesis. You DO know the diff between an hypothesis nd a theory, right? I thought not.
And as I said...anyone that thinks that the hypothesis of "it just poofed into existence by a miracle of chance!!!" is an idiot. In the next breath said idiot will contend that a Christian is dumb because they believe the logical conclusion that a creation requires a creator.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:50 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,281,417 times
That is a total misstatement of how it really happened. No one knows how it all began, but that is no reason to invent a fanciful scenario for it. Not knowing any better, many ancient peoples did so, but that is no reason to take any of their tales as fact.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:57 PM

33,639 posts, read 37,332,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
And as I said...anyone that thinks that the hypothesis of "it just poofed into existence by a miracle of chance!!!" is an idiot. In the next breath said idiot will contend that a Christian is dumb because they believe the logical conclusion that a creation requires a creator.
There is nothing logical about believing in magic, and not a lot logical about religion, any religion.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There is nothing logical about believing in magic, and not a lot logical about religion, any religion.
So you'll dismiss the hypothesis of abiogenesis then?

Old 12-12-2011, 02:09 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,930,521 times
Quote:
The text says the heavens above and up from the ground. So it rained and some natural groundwater opened up in a big way.
We are talking one billion cubic miles of water here dude. Don't be ridiculous! Where did it all go? If you are going to say it all went back into the Earth then why isn't it there now?

Quote:
They had 120 years.
In which time the timbers he laid on day one would have rotted away.

Quote:
And 7:1 mentions his household...
His 'household' consisted of 8 people. Noah, his wife, their three sons and their wives.

Quote:
no reason to believe that in 120 years his kids hadn't had kids that grew up in it. Also no reason to believe he didn't have some interaction with other people in the area to hire people to bring lumber in.
...and no reason to suppose he did either. You are speculating (otherwise known as 'clutching at straws). Your speculation has no support in your Bible.

Quote:
Every animal type had to be accounted for. I have no reason to believe my miniature schnauzer came from the same animal as the gray wolf you'd see at the zoo.
We're not talking 'breeds' here. We are talking species. Two elephants, two giraffes, two etc. etc.

Quote:
Not a lot of "sailing" involved. It was basically a barge that floated. And there was no reason to believe there were "millions".
Of course there would have been millions. There are millions of species in existence now. Many millions have gone extinct and there are millions still not discovered. ALL must be accounted for or they would have been destroyed in the flood.

Quote:
As I mentioned before, the water would have been hugely diluted. Not to mention, we have no way of knowing the salinity of the oceans prior to the flood.
The salinity of the water is irrelevant. All plants were submerged under water for a year. With the exception of a few water plants, plants do not survive underwater.....salt or fresh.

Quote:
I also have no problem with the idea of plant life surviving underwater. Anyone that has seen a lake flood knows this isn't an issue.
It is if the lake floods the plants for a year. In addition there would have been a massive amount of mud in the water....covering the plants and destroying them. How would plants survive being buried under mud?

Quote:
It grew.
The olive leaf grew??? What...on a tree that had been submerged under water and mud for a year????

Quote:
They are descendants of Ham, Shem and Japheth -- his sons
Ummmm...no mate, you're not getting it We have unbroken Egyptian and Chinese records going back to, through and before the time of your flood. How did the Egyptians manage to carry out some of their greatest monument building whilst being five miles under water.

Quote:
They had instructions from God.
The same way he got any other wild animal on the ark--God provided for the animals to come to him.
Ah! Yes of course.....MAGIC!

Last edited by Rafius; 12-12-2011 at 02:22 PM..

Old 12-12-2011, 02:12 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,719,901 times
Quote:
If you care to read it, I answered it in the previous post.
No, you didn't.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
No, you didn't.
whatever. I responded. I'm sorry if you don't find it adequate.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:16 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,930,521 times
Quote:
No, you didn't.
He said 'Goddunit'.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:21 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,719,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
He said 'Goddunit'.
Which is not evidence or proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality