Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 07:41 PM

322 posts, read 316,985 times

Advertisements

does it clean your hearrt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 07:49 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,529,645 times
No/ I was a good person before I became a Pagan. You were taught right from wrong as a child. The choice is yours religion or not.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:51 PM

clean heart, clean mind, clean thoughts, clean actions , clean world. isnt this the purpose?
isnt this wat we all long for no matter who we are?

Old 01-26-2012, 07:54 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,031 times
I would have to say i'm a better person because i'm not a Christian.

When I do something for another person, it's because I choose to and it's the right thing to do. It's not because i'm scared of what will happen to my immortal soul if I don't.

Blessed be.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:01 PM

religion separates more than unites

not that its bad ,its the way we use it that becomes negative.. we use it to separate

Old 01-26-2012, 08:01 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,120 times
It certainly can and has robbed many of their ability to think critically. Which doesn't make anyone "better".

Old 01-26-2012, 08:04 PM

but just as religion can be used to separate even the opposition of religion can also create negative..if we all just allow eacother to be then we would be free.. free from having to label everything.. instead just enjoying the uniqueness in everyone...becomes lighter

Old 01-26-2012, 08:06 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godservant View Post
religion separates more than unites

not that its bad ,its the way we use it that becomes negative.. we use it to separate
That statement, I agree with!

Old 01-26-2012, 08:11 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,575,577 times
My trust in Jesus makes me righteous in the sight of God and that is the most important evaluation there is. As to wether it makes me a better person in the sight of men is totally subjective. Some people would consider many of the things a Christian is commanded to do as not such a great thing. We are commanded to love those who hate us and the world might think that rather stupid. We are to turn the other cheek but many in the world believe you should fight when challenged. We are commanded to be humble and that is not a good thing to many. The bible tells us that pride is one of those huge sins that leads to many other bad acts and yet the world admires pride. I can not tell you how many times I have heard, "He was such a proud man" as if this pride is a great attribute in life.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
My trust in Jesus makes me righteous in the sight of God and that is the most important evaluation there is. As to wether it makes me a better person in the sight of men is totally subjective. Some people would consider many of the things a Christian is commanded to do as not such a great thing. We are commanded to love those who hate us and the world might think that rather stupid. We are to turn the other cheek but many in the world believe you should fight when challenged. We are commanded to be humble and that is not a good thing to many. The bible tells us that pride is one of those huge sins that leads to many other bad acts and yet the world admires pride. I can not tell you how many times I have heard, "He was such a proud man" as if this pride is a great attribute in life.

god bless. its our hearts that matter your heart seems gentle. thats nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality