Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 10:47 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,924,442 times

Advertisements

Just looked at part of that astounding video by "Dr" Donn Chapman, who actually does not hold any related or even actual Doctorate. His guest does, but then that guy goes on to claim that popular pro-Evolution media gets their foot in the door of young children's minds, far too early, thus (OMG!) "influencing" their thinking with erroneous stories about dinos far pre-existing humans.

Not that the Church would EVER try to influence young kids' naive minds with biased and scientifically illiterate versions of everything, huh? You know, like in Sunday School? With those absurd comic books showing a lion and a lamb peacefully co-existing? (Now... don't lie to me: I used to attend Sunday School. I used to be a Christian!!)

Let's continue with a semi-short critique, shall we? I'll be Bawhk!

Ah yes; he just had to intro the famous Acambara dino drawing stones. Well, too large a subject, but one I was actually personally involved in since my old real university alma mater would age those stones for me via inarguable X-Ray Fuorescence testing methods used on stone. Not only that, Creationist supporters used C14 dating to establish these stones as being from the time of man, while the sad little fact is you can't use C14 on inanimate objects, thus this was just another EPIC FAIL from the git-go! .

Well anyhow, oddly (!!!) the righteous but tourista-oriented Town of Acambara would not send to me even one teensy little test sample. Not one of the 4 (as I recall) town officials that I tried to call, and e-mailed ever responded back to me. Why? They don't want the obvious truth out there; t'would kill their golden tourista egg for sure!). It's also now well known that the originator of these stones actually paid the locals to make them up in their little mud huts. Dino Drawings for Dineros, si? Sorta, in a way, does prove [fake] dinos and humans did co-exist, I'll have to admit...)

Back to our fascinating and educational video, but in the meantime, take a look at this modern animal:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=S9I.UWuJaIc

Yup; a modern small wing-membraned reptile. Oh My Gawd, huh? Is this therefore a dinosaur, technically? Yep. Could be called that but those big-ol' macro ground-rattling versions? Nope. No such evidence. They were long gone millions of years prior to even our oldest hominid ancestors.

Then our good Dr. Fubbar (er... sorry: Hubbar...) goes on with some very assumptive comments where he quietly conflates some old historical observations from a guy who investigated American Indian cave art with the simple "Thus these dinosaurs we see here" commentary. Right out of the blue! Anyone else catch these errant conflations? Probably not, esp. if you're entranced by the whole idea and just want to go believe it!

Well OK, let's do one more. Shouldn't take too long to find the next one. Then I'm outa here.

Yep. Like I said; that didn't take too long. He then go on to quote the originator of dinosaur research, a British Paleontologist, and the narrator notes his comments about how well engineered the Brachiosaurus' vertebrae were. But then, in a single sentence that narrator assumes (ADCs, remember?) that this HAD TO BE designed, not evolved. Why again? This clearly shows 1)they have no idea how Evolution actually works, but that, when in AWE of anything, always default to God and Intgelligent Design.

I so wish one of these ADC clowns would come to our town and have an open debate with me and a few of my colleauges. It would be an intellectual & fact-refining blood bath just on the readily avaiable facts alone. When I'd then prove: the validity of the various methods of aging & dating, and then the geological column that does not lie, and then that absolutely no Dino DNA has EVER been found, and then that no mass Noah-like floods could have ever happened, and then that the conveniently local Washington Lake Missoula flood lands (the flood scablands as we call them) are confirmed results of many (I thnink they day at least 24 was it?) catastrophic ice-age melt scenarios from literally millions of years ago, where exactly would such ADC "conclusions" be left? Why.. high and dry of course.

So: do your science reading homework kidz! There will be a content and skills test in the morning, but remember: no assumtions allowed in your answers! And no AWE-inspired conclusions either. That we'll happily leave for those kids who also believe in The Easter Bunny and Santa. And co-existing dinos...

ADCs. Yah gotz tah luv'em, huh?

Last edited by rifleman; 02-03-2012 at 11:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 10:52 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,827,310 times
The evidence has been out for a long time! Haven't you seen the Flintstones? Dr. Carl Baugh frequently references that bit of pesky evidence. That's actual pictorial documentation.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:38 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,545,682 times
Based on all the evidence, it just didn't happen, not even close.

Sorry, the Flintstones is fiction

Old 02-03-2012, 02:30 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,054,392 times
It's all explained right here...with pictures!

Scientists Prove Jesus Walked with Dinosaurs *

Old 02-03-2012, 02:44 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,545,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
It's all explained right here...with pictures!

Scientists Prove Jesus Walked with Dinosaurs *
Damn, now I'm going to have to rethink everything I know

Old 02-03-2012, 03:19 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,829,632 times
Default Would you believe Dinosaurs and Humans coexisted if there were evidence?

Who needs evidence whey you have fundie comic books to learn from?

Old 02-03-2012, 03:32 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,924,442 times
Wink Some heartfelt questions and comments...

Q: why would Jeebuss the Rodeo-Dino Rider even need a bit and harness? Could he not just mentally guide that hungry and carnivorous T-Rex around the rodeo arena?

[Cue The Ominous Voice of Jeebbus:] (Thimk thimk...) "a little to the left... no... slower... thats' it! NOW.... Gallop for all you're worth! Now, raise a paw...er... I mean claws.... for the nice tithing audience! Good T-Rex! GOOD T-REX!"

And then Jeebus "thinks" some tasty morsel, let's say a non-conforming atheist who was just out for an innocent morning walk, to be dropped, screaming, right in front of the salivating Rex.

"The next time someone proposes Pascal's Wager to you, you'll listen and won't be so sarcastic, now will you?" intones the son of God. All too late to save him though...

Gulp. Burp.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:57 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,028,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Well, the dinosaurs went extinct sometime between 65 and 70 million years ago. The earliest time I recall seeing for the appearance of humans was about 300,000 years ago.

Until something puts dinosaurs and humans within a reasonable amount of time to coexist (like, say, 1 million years), them my bet is that it didn't happen.
The problem with this post is that the earth isn't even remotely that old.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:59 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,455,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The problem with this post is that the earth isn't even remotely that old.
Just how old do you think the earth is?

Old 03-17-2013, 10:01 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,028,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
Just how old do you think the earth is?
between 5,000 and 15,000 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality