Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 10:28 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemagician View Post
We are supposed to take care of eachother.. not fight with one anohter over names and forms.

WE are supposed to love our neighbours and help everyone that comes in our path if we can help.. no ifs but or maybe,. ( i cant help him he is a drug addict/no good---( samritan?)

Why do we preach the words of a man who preached love but we cant even act out of this same love towards eachother?

We rather argue over right and wrong and who has the only righteous path?

this is what we are doing wrong- we are not listening with our hearts.. only with our minds.. which are already controlled by and evil system.. which separates, segregates and divides to conquer and control.

wake up

Because religion keep us devided at least to a point. Not everyone is able to look past our differences, sadly the only thing that can see is what devides us. Just look at the people quoting scripture on this thread instead of sitting thier faith aside for the moment it's easier to preach. To make matters worse they will pass these traits onto thier children & so on. Untill a generation comes that can look past what devides us nothing will change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 12:49 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Because religion keep us devided at least to a point. Not everyone is able to look past our differences, sadly the only thing that can see is what devides us. Just look at the people quoting scripture on this thread instead of sitting thier faith aside for the moment it's easier to preach. To make matters worse they will pass these traits onto thier children & so on. Untill a generation comes that can look past what devides us nothing will change.
Have you ever wondered why all they do is quote scripture?

Conditioning. They've been conditioned to believe that the bible is infallible, everything it says is correct. Ergo, no need to actually think or verbalize thoughts using their own words. If they look long enough in their "good book" they can find an appropriate line or two that reflects the party line.

And yes, it's scary to think that there is another generation waiting in the wings.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:36 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Have you ever wondered why all they do is quote scripture?

Conditioning. They've been conditioned to believe that the bible is infallible, everything it says is correct. Ergo, no need to actually think or verbalize thoughts using their own words. If they look long enough in their "good book" they can find an appropriate line or two that reflects the party line.

And yes, it's scary to think that there is another generation waiting in the wings.

Your excatly right not to mention theres is a religion where you don't question anything, no matter how insane it might sound. Which is one reason why it's so hard to break that mindset, yes it is scary to think that another generation is going to pick up from where they left off. I can see why Athiest to some extent frown down on religion.

Last edited by reed067; 04-06-2012 at 05:51 AM..

Old 04-06-2012, 06:36 AM

120 posts, read 119,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post
I want you to know that I have great difficulty coming to realize that the human mind could be so indifferent to the realities of life with attention to general consequence and struggle. To explain.

1)People are born into situations. Bad situations.
2)People are treated in an unjust way every day, examples

a) friend , family, spouse... absolute betrayal
b) rip off at work... fired, manipulated, intimidated, short changed
c) false accusations, reputation damage, unjust humiliation, loss of freedom
d) subtle threats for money, favors,
e) un-provoked violence , physical harm, overwhelming fear.
f) senseless ridicule, socially inferred segregation, belittlement
g) subjectivity to unfair attitude, public embarrassment.
e) over worked, under appreciated, inferiority complex, solitude.
f) financial collapse or outright deciet causing great surviving strife.
e) work through pain, bodily, dental...no funds no plan at work....pocket change wages

Please look at the above list. Go through slowly with patience, these are just a few of the experiences which people must survive.

If you think for one minute the people who experience these things can "ALL" simply walk away without any of the following...

a) an axe to grind
b) a chip on their shoulder
c) crumby attitude
d) lack of respect for people ( somewhat justified)
e) hey, I'm out for # 1 approach

then respectfully your just not in touch with reality. ( very politely)

The definition of money is what? A means of exchange. The world you would like will first need to eliminate money because as long as you have something representing work done, effort, value in exchange, you will have whats called abuse .

The distribution of wealth in this world including its abuse causes un-happy , disgruntled people with attitudes....can you not understand?
Add to the pot....people mistreated early on in age. Unplanned sickness .

The intensity of the frustration accelerates with what is socially suggested re adequate. These things add to experience and cause attitudes.

The attitudes are not positive. They are the product of the system. A non positive system. What do you expect?

Sitting back in a comfy lazy boy complaining about peoples attitude without understanding why in a puffy superior indifferent way is pretty cheap in my books. All talk .

I don't see anybody complaining about your demands to wake up....so maybe your the culprit all along pushin irrational demands around. It would be great if I'm misunderstanding, but I donno. You want everybody to be like flakes , but in a storm.
You have highlightesdmany of the reasons why it is so important for us to wake up ..
We were born into a world naked( body and mind) we were born pure and unattached to any belief/conditioning. As we grew and learned the ways of this world( which is corrupt and built on hate/power greed) we become conditioned this way.

This suffering that you speak of is a product of the ways in which we are conditioned and the way in which we are programed to live..

If we were born into a world that taught love and honesty and kindness and peace and these things were broadcasted through the media( television/radio etc) we would not have the suffering that you speak of.. we would be taking care of eachother not for self gain/profit, but because its the right thing and it feels good. but instead we promote many things that create so much negative.. we award music that promotes violence and rape and sexual promiscuity and slackness and we wander why we have violence and diseases, and disresect toward people.. we promote a lifstyle that is flashy and chases after material wealth, teaching the children that they must also run after money and get it at any cost. even if they had to "sell their own soul"

( I have never seen money hurt anyone.. its the people who are slaves to the money that do whatever it takes to get it.. so getting rid of money is not the solution.. its getting rid of the condtions that we are brainwashed by- how do we do this? we wake up to the fact that we are not these conditions- we aare taught these ways and we can the same way discard them and live differntly. naturally as who we are .. which doesnt create suffering but creates joy, peace and love instead)

Why do we keep using the suffering to stay in it.. we say that we cannot change becuase of the suffering,. but in fact we have to change becuase of ths suffering to end it.
woudlt it be soo great to live in a place of peace where there are no children being abused or no other suffering as u mentioned above? how do we attain this?

We have to go back to the beginning and learn who we are.. before the conditions that we learned from the world that makes us suffer, that creates the illusion that we have to suffer.. we dont have to suffer. we must wake up and allow the change to take place within each of us.
i am not demanding that people do what i think is right, i am simply pointing to something.. its up to you to look or not..
why stay in this suffering? why continue to acept it ? its not who we are.. thhat why it feeling like suffering..

if we lived truly as who we are .. there will be no suffering. it what goes against who we are that creates this negative reaction( suffering)

Last edited by littlemagician; 04-06-2012 at 06:47 AM..

Old 04-06-2012, 11:29 AM

496 posts, read 483,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemagician View Post
You have highlightesdmany of the reasons why it is so important for us to wake up ..
We were born into a world naked( body and mind) we were born pure and unattached to any belief/conditioning. As we grew and learned the ways of this world( which is corrupt and built on hate/power greed) we become conditioned this way.

This suffering that you speak of is a product of the ways in which we are conditioned and the way in which we are programed to live..

If we were born into a world that taught love and honesty and kindness and peace and these things were broadcasted through the media( television/radio etc) we would not have the suffering that you speak of.. we would be taking care of eachother not for self gain/profit, but because its the right thing and it feels good. but instead we promote many things that create so much negative.. we award music that promotes violence and rape and sexual promiscuity and slackness and we wander why we have violence and diseases, and disresect toward people.. we promote a lifstyle that is flashy and chases after material wealth, teaching the children that they must also run after money and get it at any cost. even if they had to "sell their own soul"

( I have never seen money hurt anyone.. its the people who are slaves to the money that do whatever it takes to get it.. so getting rid of money is not the solution.. its getting rid of the condtions that we are brainwashed by- how do we do this? we wake up to the fact that we are not these conditions- we aare taught these ways and we can the same way discard them and live differntly. naturally as who we are .. which doesnt create suffering but creates joy, peace and love instead)

Why do we keep using the suffering to stay in it.. we say that we cannot change becuase of the suffering,. but in fact we have to change becuase of ths suffering to end it.
woudlt it be soo great to live in a place of peace where there are no children being abused or no other suffering as u mentioned above? how do we attain this?

We have to go back to the beginning and learn who we are.. before the conditions that we learned from the world that makes us suffer, that creates the illusion that we have to suffer.. we dont have to suffer. we must wake up and allow the change to take place within each of us.
i am not demanding that people do what i think is right, i am simply pointing to something.. its up to you to look or not..
why stay in this suffering? why continue to acept it ? its not who we are.. thhat why it feeling like suffering..

if we lived truly as who we are .. there will be no suffering. it what goes against who we are that creates this negative reaction( suffering)
I think I see where your at a little better with above so appreciated. I'm basically trying to balance the books and not attempting to be argumentative in an unpleasant way

Agreeing with the theme to get a hold of important mood disposition. (peace)
Will comment on other factors and then return to this peace or tranquill harmony idea in the thread.

Peace is a luxury. Everyone wants peace, its natural. There needs to be a
space available for peace. Peace represents freedom. Freedom can be interpreted in different ways. An easy example: A women bags groceries all day for baloney wages, she's been told there is a dental plan. A huge decay comes along and guess what?

Theres no plan at all, the real plan is to get people to work for peanuts and say anything to get a commitment.

Money is a huge part of what is being proposed. I think everyone can relate to working with the public, add to it a full week of oral pain.

So who"s fault is it that she goes home and for little apparent reason tells the neighbor where to go. This is every day in some way somewhere .

You want everybody to drop everything and play lets be nice? Money has nothing to do with this? I think your doing good with this thread and I'm simply balancing the books, so I don't all-together disagree with value in taking a firm position to live within self in a harmonic way. Also you have added influence, media etc. So the initial wake up has been toned down with a little fairness in distribution.

Every proprietor on every corner wants to be BGts. Hording, fear in resource. All a big panic play due to bad national planning. Pensions honored which are not reflecting the down-turn. People making more money doing nothing then the average joe working. Money-fear gets what it deserves in an unstable environment. All want to soak out as much as possible. Now wages can be paid out in gift form or bonus distributed via off-shore shelter.(tax)

Its not a society any more, its a massive collection of independent corporate entities with the usual corporate objective being profit.

On the good side of things there will be no peace until things get straightened around. Forget the peace, fix it.

There is peace I would imagine in knowing that your doing the best possible. Without encouragement though its hardly possible. The only thing that makes sense to myself besides writing letters, promoting common sense with everyday people, militating against negative anti social media etc... is being as pleasant as possible to the workers who allow the conveniences for all the lazy bms.

Also showing with a comment or two that you know, they are being ripped off. I think this is good consideration and it always picks up peoples day....you can see it. Here is an example
oh ....thats a very nice sweater, whats a little heat going to cost the cheap bum, a nickel.

Last edited by peter-1; 04-06-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality