Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:04 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
what about your believing ?
The atheist position on belief actually is comfortable. This is because most atheists are also agnostic.

So, even though atheists don't believe in God, they still don't discount the possibility that God exists in case evidence comes to light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 10:33 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,278,219 times
It's silly. Does anyone that labels themselves feel comfortable? Is that really the meaning you seek? Does a label define someone? It does I guess if you wear it on your sleeve and walk around "preaching" your beliefs thinking your beliefs are better than everyone else's. The question is loaded and represents a mental error of division.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:43 AM

55 posts, read 66,848 times
sorry but i am feels that you poor you have no power and soul
I am thinking always how you live you uncomfortable
who helper you?
I am sorry but this my feelings

Last edited by june 7th; 04-30-2012 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: Color red reserved for mod actions within posts

Old 04-30-2012, 05:17 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
You can think and feel and feel sorry for whoever you like. If you simply ignore that we are quite happy as we are and do not need an invisible friend to make us feel wanted and prefer to believe your own biased opinion of us, then I truly feel sorry for you.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:55 AM

55 posts, read 66,848 times
excuse me if you have difficult attitude and all persons can not help you
who you ask?

Last edited by june 7th; 04-30-2012 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: Red reserved for mod actions within posts. Any other color is okay.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times
Hoo boy he is speaking in red now, i guess we should be scared.

LoL I love it when their "how to talk to an atheist 101: fails time and again

Alu Akbar and bring out the swords, off with the infidel's head

Old 04-30-2012, 06:49 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
excuse me if you have difficult attitude and all persons can not help you
who you ask?
If you find my attitude difficult, I shall try not to let that fact keep me awake at night. I have all the help I need and thanks for asking. four pages of trying to make us feel unsettled only seems to be rattling the theists, it seems.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-30-2012 at 07:34 AM..

Old 04-30-2012, 06:55 AM

570 posts, read 733,564 times
Of course comfortable ..
I really believe that most atheist are comfortable ....
On the other hand as a Muslim I am not comfortable & I will not ever be comfortable until I know that my life was worth living toward all living creatures & that I left good memory to those who know me .
As a Muslim I believe that I have responsibility ... a message to deliver out of love and mercy .
I don't believe that we exist on this word accidently & that we are animals as some wants to plant in our minds in order to degrade human kind and rip them out of their dignity and pride so they live like animals without restrictions regulate their lives and behaviors .
I will not ever be comfortable until I know that God accept my work and satisfied about my deeds .
Just then I'll be comfortable and very thankful .
P.S : " I don't hate atheist or anyone who have another opinion as I don't find hate in my heart .
Sometimes people think the same things we do and sometimes they don't.
But We can always respect each other as human beings .
I believe that everyone has the right to choose what they believe or not believe in and that each person is responsible for his choice and the consequences of it .
The freedom of choice is the main basis of divine justice , That is my humble opinion" .
I don't care what others may think but that is what I understanding of Islam and the holy Quran .

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 04-30-2012 at 08:00 AM..

Old 05-01-2012, 07:59 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
You'd better warn us of what that link has in store. We Internet atheists may be comfortable about our unbelief, but not about anything that looks like 'tr...jan. exe.'
I guess he's just trying harder to make us uncomfortable.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:05 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
Of course comfortable ..
I really believe that most atheist are comfortable ....
On the other hand as a Muslim I am not comfortable & I will not ever be comfortable until I know that my life was worth living toward all living creatures & that I left good memory to those who know me .
As a Muslim I believe that I have responsibility ... a message to deliver out of love and mercy .
I don't believe that we exist on this word accidently & that we are animals as some wants to plant in our minds in order to degrade human kind and rip them out of their dignity and pride so they live like animals without restrictions regulate their lives and behaviors .
I will not ever be comfortable until I know that God accept my work and satisfied about my deeds .
Just then I'll be comfortable and very thankful .
P.S : " I don't hate atheist or anyone who have another opinion as I don't find hate in my heart .
Sometimes people think the same things we do and sometimes they don't.
But We can always respect each other as human beings .
I believe that everyone has the right to choose what they believe or not believe in and that each person is responsible for his choice and the consequences of it .
The freedom of choice is the main basis of divine justice , That is my humble opinion" .
I don't care what others may think but that is what I understanding of Islam and the holy Quran .
Well squall-lionheart I can honestly say for once that I'm impressed by your post. Very good.
I'm particularly impressed by what I have bolded in red. As a general point I think most people should be concerned with that point, no matter what their beliefs are.

Again. Very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality