Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 05:22 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times

Advertisements

I don't have an "issue" with death, but think it is "unfair" that "God" lets people die randomly - it would be much better if everyone died of old age . . .

When people die "before their time," the ones left behind are affected - and that affects their karma - if they can't get over an unexpected death, their entire life can be ruined.

And that's not fair!

I am going to take to the streets in protest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 06:10 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
I don't think anything happens on a random basis. Things happen when they are suppose to.

Crappy as it seems, life isn't fair. Good people shouldn't die early while the scum of society gets to live on, parents shouldn't have to bury their children but they/we do. And yes, it sucks.

There isn't a damn thing we can do about it except live each day to the fullest.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:28 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,894,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I don't have an "issue" with death, but think it is "unfair" that "God" lets people die randomly - it would be much better if everyone died of old age . . .

When people die "before their time," the ones left behind are affected - and that affects their karma - if they can't get over an unexpected death, their entire life can be ruined.

And that's not fair!

I don't believe in god, so that kind of takes care of the whole "fair" thing. I don't think any cosmic power is keeping score, satisfying justice, or promised us anything. So, no death is either fair or unfair. I also don't think we have an assigned time to go, which means there can be no such thing as dying "before one's time". Furthermore, I don't believe in karma.

I just take life and death on its own terms. It is what it is. It can suck sometimes. My mom died when I was 14 years old. But, I think it helps that I don't feel cheated, cause I don't think there was any god to cheat me.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:34 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:

And that's not fair!

You've clearly not reached old age yet. Watch someone die of old age, and you may re-think your position.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:41 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
I envy anyone that dies instantly, randomly in this world. Not a painful minute to contemplate Death or the afterlife. Will I be so lucky to die instantly!!!

I work in a long-term care facility, and there are those who have been dying slowly for the 10 years I've been there, and I don't envy them at all! Cruel and unusual punishment I'll call it!

I sometimes reflect on this randomness of people's deaths, and there could be an unconscious element to it all, unconscious death wish, which we all have in varying degrees. Or that person woke up that morning and God heard it: I'm so happy to be alive!

If you're happy being alive, keep it quiet, very quiet!

Old 05-07-2012, 10:15 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I envy anyone that dies instantly, randomly in this world. Not a painful minute to contemplate Death or the afterlife. Will I be so lucky to die instantly!!!

I work in a long-term care facility, and there are those who have been dying slowly for the 10 years I've been there, and I don't envy them at all! Cruel and unusual punishment I'll call it!
Preach!!!

Old 05-07-2012, 10:39 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
I think the link below may answer your question.
This book is a MUST READ for anyone who wants to know the answeres to questions similar to the one you asked here.

The Spirits' Book by Allan kardec - Table of Contents
Bob.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:41 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Since a great majority believe god resides within(or, at least, everywhere), you don't even have to leave home to be sure he's getting your message!
You can protest in the comfort of home.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:28 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
It does seem very random and unfair, but who do we blame if there is no God? That's just the way it is and we have to accept that? I don't know, I'm still working on the "god" thing but at this point in time I see death as just another part of life where we have absolutely no control of the outcome, especially when we die.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:28 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,290,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I don't think anything happens on a random basis. Things happen when they are suppose to.

Crappy as it seems, life isn't fair. Good people shouldn't die early while the scum of society gets to live on, parents shouldn't have to bury their children but they/we do. And yes, it sucks.

There isn't a damn thing we can do about it except live each day to the fullest.
if things happen when they are supposed to ,surely that means that free will is a myth ? , that everything is pre determined
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality