Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 06:05 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times

Advertisements

The Bible is a good story book.. it is a limited collection of the many stories of the times brought together by a group of people who wanted to influence the masses. They poured over all the gospels, some more graphic than others, and found the ones they approved of. They left out the gospels of Marry and other stories and books because it did not deliver the message they were after. So they denied people of these stories, many lost to time or destroyed because of war, hatred or because what they spoke of what was seen as blaspheme.

Christianity is built on lies and brainwashing of children. Christianity has stolen beliefs and practices from Pagans and Druids. What they could not steal they destroyed, killed, slaughtered. I find it funny that so many follow the great evil that is Christianity still to this day, that people are blind to it.

Jesus was not the first to have been thought to been born of immaculate birth. And even some of the things Christians believe to be of Christ or God, and be pointed to and found before he was alive.

Here are a few Examples..

Quote:
An inscription in the Vatican states plainly, "He who will not eat of my body, nor drink of my blood, so that he may be one with me and I with him, shall not be saved." This is not terribly surprising, unless you consider that this is inscribed on the remains of the temple the Vatican was built on- one dedicated to the God Mithra's. Mithra's was a solar deity whose worshipers called him redeemer; his religion died out not long after the advent of Christianity.
Or how about this..

Quote:
Such eerie parallels between the pronouncements of Jesus and Mithra's are not the only similarities between the two religions. Mithra's was known to his followers as "The light of the world," or "The Good Shepherd," and exhorted his followers to share ritual communion meals of bread and wine. His priests were called "Father."

Mithra's was also born in a cave, with shepherds in attendance, on the twenty-fifth of December. (Alternatively, he is assisted in his birth from a stone by shepherds.)
For more read about it here: The Mysterious dying God (http://altreligion.about.com/library/weekly/aa052902a.htm - broken link)

Or you can go here and read even more..

The Christian Enterprise

And then lets talk about the Vagina you all place on the back of your cars.. I get a giggle every time I see one.

Vesica Pisces (http://altreligion.about.com/library/glossary/symbols/bldefsvesica.htm - broken link)

I am sure some of you smarter than me, or people who can twist stuff will come in here and try to refute these claims. But I know what I know. And I was charged with a mission to wake you up.. and I am trying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 06:11 PM

Do you really think God, wants you to hate, to judge, to feel superior to others.

You attack Gays, you attack anyone who does not agree with your agenda or faith, you judge that we will goto hell because we don't live like you do, and you do it in the most of condescending ways.

Have you noticed that most hate Originations are Faith based on the good book? Wonder why that is? Have you also noticed that the bible is really good at being interrupted many ways, why else would you have so many different Christian based religions? So I guess the Bible is rather vague in its teachings. You get a person on a stage with a silver tongue and he sells his version. And like Sheep you led to the slaughter, maybe thats why Jesus is thought of as a Shepperd and you all as Sheep? humm.. it could be.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:11 PM

564 posts, read 1,900,908 times
Well, thanks for clearing that whole thing up for everyone.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:12 PM

Your welcome. Glad I could help.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:27 PM

485 posts, read 1,648,496 times
Who is the "you" you are speaking to? I consider myself a christian, but I know nothing about having certain emblems on the back of my car. Nor do I think of myself as better than any certain group or types of people. Also, who sent you on a mission to "wake" people up? You say that the Bible is based on lies so you obviously know everything there is to know about God's word, show me the proof of your "ordained"mission or beliefs.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:26 AM

I have included a few links there, how about you start with those and when your done reading them get back to me. You as, in General. The proof is in plain sight, you just have to open you eyes to see it. But I am sure your just another of the brain washed masses and cant see the Forrest for the trees... so any attempt to prove anything to you would be a waste of both of our time.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:34 AM

356 posts, read 1,129,392 times
Why so angry? I am an atheist and sometimes can feel hot under the collar when I am enmeshed with religious people, but not usually. Religious folks will see that the rationalists aren't all bad people, but not if we throw in their faces the opposite of what we feel is thrown in ours. You say you know what you know, but they will say the same. I unfortunately, know very little and assume I am stuck in Plato's cave along with most every one.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:16 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,996 times
Did something happen earlier in your life to make you so vindictive towards christians or are you that way with all religions?

Old 09-24-2007, 07:22 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,755,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
But I know what I know. And I was charged with a mission to wake you up.. and I am trying.
I'm just curious, Muhnay. Charged with a mission by whom?

Old 09-24-2007, 08:09 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Muhnay, I wish you were not so angry. Anger manages to permeate every aspect of ones life if they continue to allow it to fester as an open wound. I don't know if you actually know many athiests in real life..I think you need to read the posts of some of the athiests who are regular posters on this forum. You could learn a lot from them about acceptance and the art of a healthy debate. Christian/believers and athiests and others here have learned so much from each other. We have several threads on this..We have learned that neither of us can prove if there is or is not a creator, but we enjoy a respectful debate anyway Personally, I welcome you to the forum, You seem to be a very intelligent person, and may have something to offer us without anger being your force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality